Waking the Fallen.

Almost Easy.

MADINAS POV

This place is horrible, they feed you liquids and make you take tablets the size of the palm of your hand. I hated it, I have been here for 10 years. Most people escape, some have rich families and pay a lot of money for them to get out and also many commit suicide. None of those options are right for me, I want to be released. I made so many friends here, some of the nicest people you will ever meet, until you hear their story, their story on how they ended up in this torture chamber.

"Madina! main nurses office immediately!." Yelled the cranky old assistant nurse. That woman deserves to be shot, she belongs in one of these cells.

"Yes ma am?" I said as I walked inside the mail nurses office. It was a white room full of health posters and certificates, like those offices a pediatrician had when I was a little girl.

"We have received a letter, from a friendly gentleman. We would like to know, since you have been here more than any other patient to make contact of the outside world? The pen pal system as we call it." The main nurse said in a quiet soft voice, unlike the assistant she was a nice lady.

"Wow, Thank you I would love to take part in that. After all I have lost all my friends here and no male here makes contact with me whatsoever. So sure why not!" I said with excitement, the main nurse handed me an envelope and a piece of writing paper and a pen.

"Now dear, make sure when your done to place it in the shoot next to my door. I will be absent after 5pm." The main nurse informed me. The assistant nurse stuttered.

"Hush now Tabatha! You will also be absent, I'm sending you home." The main nurse said to the Assistant. Tabatha as you would call her stormed off into the staff house. I'm sure the main nurse knows I am not fond of her assistant.

I opened the letter, read it slowly.

"Matthew huh?" I said to myself. I slouched onto my bed and placed a hard book on my lap as i wrote back.

Dear Matthew, Or would you prefer me to call you Matt?
Either way let me know. My name is Madina, I am a 19 year old mental case.
I have been in this institution since I was 9 years old after witnessing my parents death.
I have no occupation but I do enjoy drawing and writing songs. My mother grew up in Orange County, around Anaheim but she moved here to San Fransisco after her and my father were married and after I was conceived.
Thank you for this kind opportunity
Madina


I learned letter righting during the school they had in this hospital, the teachers were always chased out of the building and we would never learn. But I picked up a book and read all I needed to know.

This Matthew guy seems nice, but who would want to write to a mental patient anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heats on,
Comment Subscribe :)