Girl I Know

Chapter 14

When Stormy got home Melody was already sleeping. She sat on the couch and cried her eyes out. When she gave Brian the divorce papers she half expected him to put up a fight.
Never in her wildest dreams did she imagine after being with him for so long that they would be over in an instant.
Brian had clearly changed over the last two years. There was always an underlying hint of ruthlessness in him and that was something that she was well aware of, but it seemed to be more on the surface as of late.

“Hello?” she said answering her cell phone.

“Hi” It was her sister calling. “Is Mel home?”

“Yeah, she’s asleep and she’s fine”

“Good. How about you? How are you holding up?”

“Well, my family just fell apart so do I really have to answer that?”

“I see your point. If it’s any consolation, he’s miserable”

“That doesn’t make me feel any better.”

“I know, I had to do this, but I have to go. I’ll be home tomorrow, we can talk then”

“Ok, bye”

Stormy hung up with her sister and got up off the couch. As she walked into her bedroom it all hit her at once. Everything in that room screamed his name. The piano that he would play only for her completely nude with only a silk sheet around his waist and a cigarette hanging from his lips. The chair he would sit in while she slept in the bed that they both shared night after night, the bed that he proposed in and the same bed that their daughter was made in. Much of their life together revolved around this room and now all that was left was the room. Stormy climbed onto the bed and after lying down, grabbed the pillow that he slept with and held it while she glanced over at the pole, the pole that she had danced around for him many a night. This was their place where she was his Angel and he was her Syn. Now, it was nothing more than a place to sleep.

--

In the weeks that followed, Stormy helped Melody find an apartment of her own where Melody didn’t have to be under the watchful eye of father and his friends. It wasn’t far from the Mansion, but at least it was out of the mansion. The apartment itself was actually a small fully furnished one-bedroom house that sat on the beach and Stormy offered to help out with the rent.

The two of them sat out on the deck in the back watching the waves crash onto the beach over coffee.

“Are you and dad really getting a divorce?” Stormy knew she wasn’t going to be able to avoid the question for long.

“Yeah, it looks that way.” She nodded.

“I’m sorry”

Stormy looked over at her daughter “This wasn’t your fault.”

“If I hadn’t been there things would be different”

“Mel. What happened was between your father and me and nothing to do with you. End of story. Now, I have to go home. I promised your aunt I would help her with something for Matt.”

“Ok”

Stormy hugged her daughter and got up to leave. “Don’t forget about the party tomorrow. 8pm”

“I don’t want to go, but I’ll be there.”

“You’ll have fun, I promise. See you tomorrow.”

“Bye”

The tour was coming to Vegas the day after tomorrow, which meant that the boys would be spending the day and the night at home tomorrow. It was Matt’s birthday and Sydney was planning a huge party with an extra little surprise for Matt that Stormy was going to help her with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Small chapter - Just a filler. Next chapter...good stuff! up soon.