Girl I Know

Chapter 16

When Stormy opened her eyes in the morning Brian was sitting up on the edge of the bed with his back facing her. She sat up and moved over to where he sat resting the side of her face on his back with her arms around his waist. Neither one had said a word to each other for a while, but Stormy knew she had to act fast because he would be leaving soon.

“Brian?”

“Yeah?” he turned his face to the side as he answered her and she moved up to look at him.

“What’s going to happen now?”

He sighed wishing he had an answer for her, but he didn’t know what to say. It bothered him a lot that she was so quick to give up on him and hand him divorce papers, yet she wanted him to fight for her when she didn’t put up much of a fight for him.

“I don’t know” his voice was low and scratchy as he spoke and that wasn’t the answer she was hoping to hear.

“Do you still love me?”

Once again he turned his face to the side to look at her. “You know I do, Stormy”

“Then we can get through this right?”

“I don’t know.” He shook his head. The damage was done by both of them and he couldn’t see them getting through it without a big fight and a big fight meant both of them would reopen old wounds and end up hurting each other more. “Come to Vegas with me” he said putting his hand over hers.

“Ok” she whispered with watery eyes as he got up off the bed and put on his shirt. He sat back down to put his shoes on and when he was done he turned to face her.

“I’m going to go find Matt to see when we leave. Why don’t you take a shower and get ready”

“Ok” she nodded and watched him get up and leave without so much as giving her a kiss.

--

Matt was awake and having breakfast in the kitchen with Sydney who was still upset about her performance last night or the lack there of.

“Syd?” he said her name when he noticed her staring down into her coffee with a pout on her face.

“What?” she replied without even looking up at him.

“I love you”

“You’re just saying that to make me feel better”

“No, I’m saying that because I love you”

She got up to put her coffee cup in the sink and he grabbed her around the waist. “We’ll have fun tonight and if you want after the show you can reenact that little performance from last night”

“So you can laugh at me again?”

“No, so I can admire your determination and thank my lucky stars for having the best wife in the whole world”

She put her hands on his face and laughed. “You’re a glutton for punishment”

“mm hmm” he agreed and kissed his wife just as Brian walked into the kitchen from the door that led to Stormy’s. They watched him as he got himself a cup of coffee. Sydney and Matt both looked at each other and shrugged not knowing what happened between Brian and his wife last night, but both were hoping for the best.

“What time are we leaving?” he asked leaning against the counter where the coffee pot was.

“In a few hours” Matt answered.

Brian nodded and took his coffee out to the living room without saying another word.

--

Two hours later…

Everyone was outside getting ready to go. Stormy and Sydney and Aubrey opted to go with the guys and Tera had volunteered to drive with Riley so the girls would have a ride back.

There was still some tension between Brian and Stormy as they hardly spoke. He did reach for her hand when she started up the steps of the bus and helped her up.

Jonnie and Seven were going to the show on the Fiction bus. When everyone was there and ready to leave they all started to get on their buses, well except for one.

“What are you waiting for? Lets go!” Lyric stood with Blade in front of the door of the bus yelling towards Dante.

He smiled and shook his head. “I’m going to drive up with Melody in her car. I’ll see you guys there.” No sooner did he say it, she pulled up in her car and he waived to his band mates before running out into the street and getting in the passenger side of her vehicle.

Blade clenched his fists and looked at Lyric like he needed to hit something.

“She’s just trying to make you jealous, dude. Apparently, it’s working” Lyric noted and went up onto the bus to find his girlfriend leaving Blade there glaring at the car where Melody and Dante sat waiting for the buses to take off.

Melody noticed the anger on Blade’s face and turned her attention back to Dante. She knew she was pissing him off. She was doing it on purpose. On the outside she may have been the picture of happiness, but on the inside she was dying.