Girl I Know

Chapter 18

Stormy didn’t wait for the show to end before leaving for home. She could handle the fact that he cheated. She could handle the fact that he had changed into someone she hardly recognized anymore. The one thing she couldn’t handle was the though of him having a child with another woman. The last thing that Brian was expecting to do was inflict even more pain on not just her, but their entire family. He didn’t want this baby. He didn’t want any part of this situation at all.

There were only three weeks left of the tour and in those three weeks Stormy retreated to the apartment that she once shared with Brian and pretty much shut herself off from everyone else. During that time period she had no contact with Brian at all and he had even made arrangements to stay with Lyric in Legend’s old room until he found a place of his own. Granted Blade would be in the same house, but Brian highly doubted he would dare get in his face.

Melody and Dante kept in touch via cell phone, text and e-mail, which irritated the hell out of Blade. She knew what was going on with her mother and father and it depressed her to no end. Dante provided her with comforting words and lifted her spirits whenever she was down and she was actually looking forward to seeing him and going on that date he promised her. She hadn’t forgotten about Blade though, but each day it was starting to get easier.

--
They’re Back…
The first night home was quiet. Everyone spent their time with their significant others, well, everyone who had one anyway. Stormy hadn’t come up from the apartment to see anyone. She had sunk into a deep depression especially now that the situation with Brian had made it to the gossip papers. In one month’s time he would have to appear in court and soon enough, their divorce would be final. She signed the papers as soon as she got back from Vegas. It was over.

Matt had left Sydney for a while to go and see how Stormy was doing and when he caught sight of her he got his answer.

“Stormy?” he called out her name but she didn’t answer. She just sat on the couch with a bottle of Vodka in her lap staring at the fireplace in front of her. He walked over and sat beside her on the couch.

“Stormy, give me the bottle”

“no”

“This is no way to deal with anything” he said and reached for the bottle in her hands. He set it down on the floor by his legs and out of her reach. “Stormy, I think you should come upstairs and have dinner with me and Sydney.”

“I’m not hungry”

“Look, I know you are hurt and I don’t blame you. I’m not going to try and minimize the pain you are feeling, but you can’t do this to yourself. Sydney is worried about you”

“Please just leave me alone”

“Fine, I’ll go, but you can bet I’ll be back to check on you tomorrow and you better be sober.” He got up and took the bottle of Vodka with him when he left.

--
Dante & Melody

“Hi” she smiled when she answered the door. “Come in” She stepped aside and he walked over the threshold into her place.

“So, this is the new pad” his gaze moved around the place taking it in.

“Yeah, it’s not much, but it’s my own and I have plenty of space to work on my designs”

He nodded. “So, you ready to go?” he asked and even though they had been in constant communication over the last three weeks he was obviously nervous.

“I thought we could stay here and have diner on the deck. I hope you don’t mind. I figured after being on tour for so long you could probably use a home cooked meal”

“Well that’s really thoughtful of you”

She took his hand and led him out to the deck where diner was already waiting. It wasn’t quite dark yet, but she did light a few tiki torches just for the effect. Dinner was Roast chicken with baked potatoes, string beans and a mixed green salad. She had conned Jimmy into getting her a bottle of wine for the occasion and swore she wouldn’t tell anyone that he got it for her. The centerpiece was a vase of flowers that she picked herself. He pulled out her chair for her and when she sat only then did he take his seat.

To her, he was being the perfect gentleman; to him it was all part of his agenda.

“Did you make all of this yourself?” he asked taking in the spread before him on the table.

“Well, I put it on the plates, but I didn’t actually cook it”

He laughed lightly and picked up the bottle of wine and poured her a glass and then one for himself. While they ate, they watched the sun set and talked well into the night.

Not once did her thoughts turn to Blade. Not once did she have a care other than what was happening right then and there that very night. He was everything that Blade wasn’t. He was charming, funny and he treated her like an adult. Part of her could actually picture herself being in a relationship with this man.

“How did you get into the band?”

“Lyric and I went to the same school and he knew I played so he just asked. It’s as simple as that. No deep-seated back-story there. Sorry” he shrugged.

“I see so it’s not because you were the cool kid that everyone wanted in their band and Lyric just got lucky?”

He put his hand on his stomach and started laughing heartily. “I love how you can be so naïve sometimes. It’s really cute, but no, I wasn’t that kid who walked around all dressed in black with scene hair. I was more of a jock actually.”

It was her who was laughing now. “You, a jock?”

“What’s so hard to believe? I happened to be the quarterback of the football team”

“I just can’t imagine you in a helmet and a jock strap” She laughed again at the though and had a sudden mental image of him in nothing but the helmet and the jock strap.

“So, you’re a good looking guy, why don’t you have a girlfriend?”

He leaned back in his chair and smiled “I was waiting for that one. I don’t have a girlfriend because I’m holding out for the pretty young thing sitting across from me.”

He certainly had an answer for everything and everything he said was music to her ears. “Honestly, I had a girl up until a year ago, but it didn’t work out. Now, enough about me. It’s my turn to ask the questions.”

“Uh oh” she said and braced herself for what he was going to ask. He got up and moved his chair closer to her.

“So, is it true. Is your dad a boyfriend killer?”

“Yes” she nodded.

“Damn it!” he snapped his fingers

“So I guess I probably shouldn’t kiss you right now?”

“Yeah, not unless you value your life” she smiled.

“Well, what if I like to live on the edge?” he grinned and before she even had time to answer his face moved closer to hers. The kiss was short and sweet and she smiled when he pulled away. He looked down at himself and then back at her. “I’m still alive!” he teased.

“Well, I guess you can dodge a bullet”

“Hmmm, I’m not so sure, lemme try again” She could feel her heart about to jump out of her chest when he kissed her again. “Uh huh, yup..I think I’m bullet proof” he smiled.

“Well, I guess you are superman after all” she joked.

“You wanna see the “S” on my chest?”

She laughed hard and the two of them carried on with small talk all the while kissing in between random conversations about everything and nothing at all. The night did finally come to an end and when it did Melody was walking on air as she closed the door behind him and went to her bedroom. Blade who?