Girl I Know

Chapter 26

What would a wedding be in their household if not eventful? When everyone returned home from the hospital, those that stayed behind were waiting patiently in the living room.
Jonnie held out her hand for her husband to take and when he did she walked him out to the kitchen so they could be alone.

“Are you alright?” she asked looking at the blood on his shirt. She touched his shirt and opened some of the buttons looking for any sign of a wound.

“I’m fine” he smiled and grabbed her hands. “It’s not my blood” Something about his face, suggested that there was more to tell, but he wasn’t going to tell his new wife the details of how he spent their wedding day.

“Are you sure you’re ok?” she asked again touching his face.

“Yes” he nodded. “I just want to go home and spend what’s left of the night with my wife.”

“Ok” she said. “I’ll go get my things”

When she walked out of the kitchen he braced his hands on the counter. What he did was going to be hard for him to forget. He didn’t turn around when his father walked into the kitchen.

“Something wrong?” Matt spoke as he walked over to the counter and stood before his son, but Lyric just shook his head and returned his gaze towards the window.

“Stormy called the police” it was those words that made Lyric turn his head to meet his father’s eyes. “She wanted to know how to go about having Dante arrested for what he did to Melody.”

“And what did they say?” Lyric asked showing no emotion.

“They said that Dante was dead.”

Lyric’s head hung down as he lowered his gaze upon hearing the words that came out of Matt’s mouth.

“I have to ask where you went when you disappeared”

Lyric looked up again and right into the eyes of his father. “I just went out for air”

“I hope you’re telling the truth, because right now there is a murder investigation underway and I would hate to think that you would be keeping something from me.”

“I’m ready” Jonnie told her husband as she walked through the kitchen door again.

“Ok” Lyric nodded and said goodbye to his father. Matt hugged Jonnie and kissed her on the cheek, but before the two of them left the kitchen, Matt gave his son one last knowing glance.

Lyric and Jonnie walked out of the kitchen and said goodbye to everyone else before finally leaving the house.

Seven found her husband sitting in the back yard by himself. “You ready to go?”

“Yeah” he nodded and stood from the lounge chair where he was sitting.

“Is something wrong?” she asked when she noticed his somber demeanor.

“No” he spoke lowly and walked in step with her towards the kitchen door.

“Ok” she took his hand and swung it back and forth in hers as they walked. “You can tell me anything, you know”

“I know” he faked a smile for her benefit. All he knew was that Dante died. He had no idea that it was at Lyric’s hands. In his mind, they beat him so badly that he died from the beating and no one knew what they did to him other than him and Lyric.

“Ok, I wont push you, but I know something is wrong. I’ll just wait til you are ready to talk”

“Thanks” he smiled and nudged her with his hip. They too said their goodbyes and left the mansion to go home.

Aubrey had gone with Stormy down to her apartment and stayed with her for a while until she was calm enough to be left alone. Jimmy and Tera had gone to bed along with Johnny and Riley. When all was said and done the only people left in the living room were Brian, Zacky, Matt and Sydney.

Matt put his arms around his wife’s waist and whispered in her ear. She nodded and smiled at him before kissing him on the cheek and leaving him alone with the other guys.

“What the hell happened?” Zacky seemed to be the most nervous of the three and his son was the innocent one.

“I don’t know, but I have a funny feeling my son and my son-in-law have a pretty good idea” Matt was the one that had the most to lose if he couldn’t come up with a way to cover their tracks, but he couldn’t cover their tracks if neither was going to confess.

“What do the cops know?” Brian asked.

“Nothing, only that someone beat the hell out of Dante” Matt looked directly at Brian when he spoke.

“Don’t look at me! I would have shot the motherfucker and then I would have beat the shit out of him and shot him again!”

“I wasn’t accusing you” Matt held up his hands in protest urging Brian to calm down.

Zacky stood up off the couch with the most logical suggestion. “I think we need to get the three boys together alone and make them tell us what happened.”

“Agreed” Brian nodded.

“Ok” Matt nodded. “I’ll have them all meet us tomorrow afternoon at the studio”

Brian and Zacky agreed and Zacky said goodnight to his friends and went up to his room.

Matt walked over and sat down on the couch beside Brian. “Something else is wrong”
He turned his head to look at his friend. “What is it?”

“The divorce was final today”

“wow” was all Matt could manage.

“Yeah” Brian looked down at the rug. “I never thought I would ever see this day”

“Well, I’m sure Stormy didn’t either.” Matt wasn’t helping.

Brian shook his head and stood up. “I’m going home. Call me tomorrow” he said just before heading out the door.

Matt got up and went up stairs to his room. When he got there he found Sydney sitting up in bed looking at a magazine.

He walked over to the bed and yanked the magazine out of her hands.

“Hey” she said and reached for the magazine, but he held it out of her reach.

“You want this back?” he teased.

“Yes!”

“It’s gonna cost ya”

“What do you want?” She whined

He turned his head to the side and tapped his finger on his cheek. Sydney moved up on to her knees and put her arms around Matt’s neck and firmly planted her lips on his cheek.
He laughed and turned to grab her around the waist and kissed her lips. “Ok, you can have your magazine back. I’m going to take a shower”

Sydney laughed and sat back down with her magazine while Matt walked over to the bathroom door. When he turned back to look at his wife who was sitting back looking at her magazine with smile on her face, he couldn’t help but smile to himself. All he ever wanted was her and his thoughts immediately went to Brian and how it must be killing him to not be able to do something as simple as watching his wife read a magazine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not much of a complainer, but I got two notifications today for stories that I subscribed to and both updates were only authors notes stating why they haven't updated in a while. That is really annoying. Change the story status or put a note on your profile page or in the Author's Box at the end of your last chapter. Mind you, I don't report people, but it's really annoying to get an update notice and find out it's not an update.