Girl I Know

Chapter 3

When the night came, Melody found herself drifting off to sleep in Lyric’s bunk. The boys on the bus were loud and every now and again she would hear them and her eyes would flutter open just before slowly closing again. They’d stayed up for quiet a while as they were all excited about getting to their first venue. One seemed very nervous though and it was easy for the others to pick up on it.

Lyric sat in the front lounge with the rest of the band seemingly off in his own little world while the rest carried on about the tour.

“What’s up with you?” Blade asked as he sat down next to his friend.

“Nothing, just thinking”

“About?”

“It’s nothing, just wish Jonnie was here, that’s all”

Blade nodded having never seen this side of Lyric before. “It’s only two months, it’s not like you are never going to see her again and besides she said she would come out to a few of the shows”

“Yeah, I know”

“Love is so overrated, I’m going to bed.” Blade got up and walked back to his bunk, which happened to be right next to Lyrics. Little did he know, the one person who had been in love with him nearly her whole life was sleeping only inches away.

It was about 2am when Melody opened her eyes. The bus was still moving and she had to use the bathroom. Knowing that everyone was sleeping she quietly pulled the curtain back and looked out of the bunk. From where she was she could see Lyric sleeping on one of the benches up in the front of the bus. Granted there were still two empty bunks he could have occupied along with the back room.

She saw no one else and figuring it was safe, she got out of the bunk and tip toed to the bathroom as quietly as she could. After using the toilet she took the opportunity to wash up and when she was done she quietly opened the bathroom door.

Her eyes were met with vivid green ones. Blade stood outside the bathroom door in only a pair of sweat pants with his arm folded across his chest as he was waiting impatiently for whoever was in the bathroom to come out so he could use it and go back to sleep. He looked half asleep, but when he caught sight of the person looking back at him, his eyes widened.

“Melody?”

“uh..I um” she was nervous. Not because she was standing before him and he was half naked, but because she was caught.

He grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the bathroom to his bunk where he shoved her inside.

“You people need to stop shoving me” she said rubbing her arm where his hand once was.

“What the hell are you doing here?” he whispered after he jumped in the bunk after her. She started to speak but he stopped her. “Hold on, I have to pee” he got out of the bunk and while in the bathroom it finally clicked why Lyric was bringing food back to the bus and why he was sleeping up front.

“That son of a bitch” he mumbled under his breath before washing his hands and going back to his bunk.

“Now” he began again as he sat in the bunk beside her. “as I asked before, what the hell are you doing here?” he was obviously angry and when he was angry he was intimidating.

“I’m just doing research for my clothing line. Please don’t tell my dad”

“Don’t tell your dad? The man who threatened to kill me? Sure, Mel no problem” his ton of voice was sarcastic and she knew he was going to be hard to convince.

“Please, just this one time do me this one favor, you wont even know I’m here and even though I hate you right now, I promise I’ll make it up to you any way you want” she begged like she was begging for her life. He seemed to be bothered by her words.

“You hate me?” he asked narrowing his eyes at her.

“Well how do you expect me to feel?”

“Uh lower your voice before you wake up the entire bus” he said holding up a finger in warning. “Are you stalking me?”

Melody reached out and pushed him backwards in anger. “Staking you? You arrogant prick! You know, for 13 years you pushed me away and then when I came home from San Francisco you sneak into my bedroom just to steal kisses from me and I’m stalking you?

“So What. It’s not like you kicked me out” he was being as arrogant as ever as the cocky grin formed across his chiseled face.

“I hate you, I really do. Don’t take it personal; it’s you who pushed me to this point. You messed with my head! So, if I want to hate you, then it’s my fucking right! And no! I am not here because of you. Don’t fucking flatter yourself.”

He didn’t respond to that he just pulled back the curtain. “Get out” he said without even looking at her. She did as he requested and moved past him out of the bunk.

“Stay away from me” he said through gritted teeth and closed the curtain. She stood there fuming for a few minutes before going back to Lyric’s bunk.

The following Morning….

“What the fuck where you thinking?” Blade asked Lyric as they sat at a table up front.

“What was I supposed to do? Kick her out in the middle of nowhere?”

“You should have told us!” Blade was pissed off, but not at Lyric, at Melody.

“What am I missing?” Legend curiously asked not knowing what the other two were talking about.

“Oh it seems Lyric has been hiding Melody in his bunk”

“What?”

“I wasn’t hiding her! She snuck on to the bus. I didn’t know she was here until I found her hiding under my bunk AFTER the bus was already moving.”

“Oh boy, so I take it Brian doesn’t know she’s here?”

“No, and neither of you are going to say a word. If he finds out not only will he kill her, but he’ll kill me too! And when he’s done my dad will kill me again!” he warned.

Legend tried to keep a straight face. “I’m so glad I’m not you, but your secret is safe with me.”

“Yeah fine” Blade nodded, but it was clear to both Lyric and Legend that something was up between him and Melody.

Their conversation was interrupted when Melody came up from the back. There was no point in hiding anymore knowing that the secret was out.

“Well, it’s the woman of the hour” Legend held out his arms for Melody and she sat down beside him as he wrapped them around her. “How is the little trouble maker today?” he asked.

“Just fuckin ducky,” she said obviously in a bad mood. Blade slammed his fist down on the table making her jump and look over in his direction.

“What is your problem?” she asked.

“You. You’re my problem” he stood up and walked away from the table and Dante stopped him half way down the hall.

“Who’s the hot chick?”

Blade bit his bottom lip and put his hand on Dante’s shoulder. “That is the daughter of Synyster Gates and she’s off limits. Understand?”

“Uh yeah, sure” he nodded.

Blade moved passed him and went to his bunk to get his clothes so he could take a shower. The whole time he was under the water his anger didn’t subside. All he could think about was the one word he never thought would ever come out of Melody’s mouth in reference to him. “Hate”