Girl I Know

Chapter 31

Blade, Lyric, Jonnie and Legend all sat in the diner having lunch. It seemed as if they were discussing something important. It was almost as if they were up to something.

When Brian and Stormy walked in it was Lyric who noticed them first. They didn’t seem to be paying attention to anything or anyone other than each other. When the hostess tried to seat them by the window, Brian pointed to a corner booth instead.

Brian sat with his back to the door and Stormy sat opposite him. When he reached across the table for her hands she willingly held them out for him to take. He turned his head to the side and looked at her as the waitress set two cups of coffee down on the table.

“You surprised me today” he smiled. “You were the last person I expected to see in that court room.”

She let go of one of his hands so she could put milk in her coffee. “I wanted you to have someone in your corner”

“I’m glad it was you” His thumb moved over the top of her hand in small circles.

“Brian, I know we aren’t married anymore, but do you still love me?”

“Yes, so much it hurts” he nodded and the smile that was on his face started to fade.

“Help me fix this,” she whispered unable to form a sound as her emotions started to take over.

“Whatever it takes” he smiled. “I know I fucked up in a big way and I’m truly sorry. Just tell me what to do, and I’ll do it”

She looked down into the light brown liquid that sat in the cup in front of her. “I want you to come home”

He smiled and squeezed her hand “Is today too soon?”
She smiled back. “Today would be nice”

The waitress came by and took their order and when she walked away Brian looked back at Stormy. “We should go see Melody after lunch. She could probably use some good news”

“Yeah” Stormy agreed and looked back down into her coffee again.

“What’s the matter?” he asked

She lifted her head and looked into his brown eyes. “I don’t know how much longer I can wait for you to kiss me”

He sighed and slid out of the booth where he was sitting and walked over to her side of the table. After sitting down beside her he put his arm around her shoulder and touched her face with his other hand before pressing his lips to hers.

After about a minute of reacquainting his lips with hers he pulled back. “Ok now?” he asked with one eyebrow arched.

“No” she pouted and he laughed before he kissed her again. “I will never ever take you for granted again”

--

Over at the table on the other side of the diner, Jonnie, Lyric, Blade and Legend had all finished their lunch and each one had agreed on their mission. So, as they all stood and parted ways, Blade went to start his, which would entail going to see his father first and then going to see Melody to inform her that they would need her in order for this to work. Hopefully she would agree to participate.

Blade drove to the mansion and as soon as he got there he called out for his father. Zacky was sitting in the living room with Matt, Jimmy and Jonnie when he heard his son calling for him. He got up off the couch and went into the foyer where Blade stood waiting for him.

“What’s the matter?” he asked

“Dad, I need to talk to you about something”

“ok, what is it?”

Blade stood there nervously shoving his hands in his pockets. “Remember when I gave you the key at the hospital the night I brought Melody there?”

“Yeah”

“I need it back. I want to change my request and use it for another time. Please don’t say no”

“Uh well, that isn’t how it’s supposed to work, but I guess I could let it slide this one time. I’ll be right back” Zacky went up the stairs to his room and came back down five minutes later with the key in his hand.

“Here” he said as he handed it to his son. “Are you in some kind of trouble?”

“No, I swear you wont regret this. I have to go.” He turned for the door and walked out yelling a thank you to his father as he ran down the walkway to his car.

“What the hell was that about?” Zacky muttered to himself as he watched his son drive off.

Twenty minutes later Blade arrived at the hospital and explained the plan to Melody. She didn’t have to be asked twice, she was in.

“I brought your favorite, grilled cheese and fries”

She smiled as she took the bag from him. “It may be a little cold and the fries are probably soggy”

“Anything is better than hospital food. Thanks”

She started to open the bag just as Brian and Stormy walked into her room together. When she saw them hand in hand she looked at them each individually with curious eyes.

“Yeah?” She asked them both as Blade got up off the bed.

“Yeah” Brian smiled and Stormy nodded in response.

“Awesome!” she smiled “Dad, while you are here, there is something I need to ask”

“Ok”

“I forgot something on the bus and I was wondering if you happened to find it?”

Brian put his hand in his pocket and pulled out the key holding it up for her to see.
“Is this what you are looking for?”

“Yes!” she reached for the key and took it from his hand.

“Use it wisely” he winked.

Blade leaned over from where he was standing and looked at Melody “Did I forget to mention your parents were making out like teenagers at the diner?”

“Seriously?” she laughed. “So, does this mean you are going to get re-married?”

Stormy and Brian hadn’t had a chance to discuss that yet and both of them looked at each other waiting to see who was going to answer first.