Girl I Know

Chapter 4

When they finally reached their first venue, it was still early in the afternoon and Melody was sick of being cramped in a bus for the last day, but she really didn’t have much of a choice.

She sat in Lyric’s bunk and looked down at her cell phone when it started to vibrate.
“Jesus Christ” she whispered when she the caller ID.

“Hello?”

“I’m not happy with you”

“I know, mom already gave me the run down”

“Well, we’ll be in San Francisco in two days and I want to see you so I can scold you in person. Give me your address so I can send a car to pick you up.”

“Fuck!” she whispered as she covered the phone with her hand. “Think stupid, think”

“Melody, did you hear me?”

“Yeah, Dad. I heard you. I was just checking with my friends and they agreed it would be a good idea to just drive to the venue.”

“Fine, I can’t wait to meet the people whom you found more important than your mother and me.”

“Double Fuck!” she nearly yelled it this time, again covering the phone with her hand.

“Ok well, I’ll see you in two days then daddy” she tried to sound sweet and it was killing her to have to do so. She was 18; there was no reason why she had to sneak around.

“Yeah, bye” he answered and hung up the phone.

Melody swung her legs over the side of the bunk and closed her eyes trying to figure out how she was going to get out of this one. It never occurred to her that her father would think of wanting to see her while on tour.

“You don’t look happy”

Melody looked up to find Dante standing against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

She let out a breath before answering him. “I lied to my father and in two days he is going to call my bluff and probably rip me a new asshole”

He nodded and walked over to the bunk and took a seat beside her. “What did you do?” he asked leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees.

“I told my dad I was visiting friends in San Fran and snuck onto the bus so I could do research for my clothing line and now he wants me to come to the show in San Fran in two days and bring the friends I’m visiting with”

“Ouch” Dante whispered.

“Yeah, I am as good as dead.”

“Maybe not” he winked and pulled out his cell phone.

She turned her body so that she was facing him now and watched has his fingers moved over the buttons at a rapid pace. “There” he smiled.

“What did you do?” she asked

“I have a sister in San Fran, she’s maybe a year or two older than you so I sent her a text and asked her to be your alibi. If she says yes, then you are as good as in the clear with your father.”

Melody perked up and threw her arms around his neck. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” she said happily before pulling away. “You just saved my ass!”

“Well, it’s a good thing I did because that’s one hell of an ass” he smiled.

“Are you flirting with me?” Melody sat there and raised her eyebrow as she asked the question.

He laughed and looked away from her. “No, just stating a fact”

Dante was good looking, he much like Blade, had green eyes and Dark hair and people often confused them for brothers although they were not related at all. His hair was longer though and he was a full-blooded Italian so he was a little darker than Blade. He had two full sleeves of tattoos and a pierced eyebrow a long with a lip piercing. He could also speak fluent Italian which most girls found sexy.

“Thanks for helping me. You don’t even know me, you didn’t have to do that” she smiled.

“It’s no problem and there is plenty of time for me to get to know you”

Melody could feel the heat in her face as she started to blush. There is only one other person who ever had that effect on her and he was listening to every word in the next bunk. It took every ounce of strength he had not to get up and knock out his band mate.

“Ok let’s go!” Legend yelled from the front of the bus. “well, not you Mel.” He smiled weakly.

“It’s fine. I get it.” She nodded. Blade walked past her not even acknowledging her presence.

“Take this, it’s an all access pass just in case you get busted on the bus by security” Lyric handed her the pass and she nodded and put it in her pocket.

“Do not leave this bus Mel.” He warned and she rolled her eyes in response.

“Yes, Dad!” she replied with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

“A hem, speaking of Dad, HIDE!” Legend yelled and Melody ducked back into the bunk as Brian stepped up the stairs of the bus yelling to the guys that they were needed for sound check. It was a close call, but minutes later they were all gone and she was finally alone.

About an hour before the show was supposed to start, Melody grabbed her camera and set off to take photos of what some of the fans were wearing. She walked around the large parking lot amid the tailgaters and overly excited fans and snapped as many shots as she could. The pass that Lyric gave her came in handy when the show started because it got her in the gate and right up to the front so she could take pictures of the band on stage.

It was Blade who noticed her first when she was taking photos of him. It was he who also noticed the man behind her. The one with huge arms and a nasty temper watching his son perform. He started to sweat hoping that Matt would walk away before he took notice that the girl in front of him with the all access pass was Melody.

It wasn’t long before Matt was joined by another member of Avenged Sevenfold and Lyric and Blade both nearly had a heart attack right there on the stage.

“Did you give out any all access passes?” Matt ask Brian who stood beside him in front of the security barrier that kept the fans just mere feet from the stage. They’d all agreed before hand that passes were for family members only.

“No” Brian shook his head.

Matt turned his gaze to the girl who stood in front of him to his left and nudge Brian with his elbow. “Well, how the hell did that girl get up here then?”

“I don’t know, maybe it was Jimmy or Johnny or maybe the pass she has is a fake.”

“I say we find out.” Matt grabbed a security guard and he and Brian walked over to the girl as the guard followed behind them. When Matt tapped her on the shoulder she froze and looked up at Lyric who's face was white as a bed sheet.

Melody slowly turned around to face the person who tapped her on the shoulder and came face to face with her uncle and father. “Fuck” Matt muttered under his breath.

Brian was seething with rage and balled his hands into fists, but it was Matt who grabbed Mel and dragged her back stage while Brian followed after.