Wonderland

049.

The White Queen had demanded of me what I found to be impossible. Something foul, and blackening. Crow was no more than a child and I had been asked to return her to the claws of a foul heart breaker. I would do no such thing, no matter what. Whether it meant my life or my heart, both, either, I would protect Crow until she was safe. No one from Wonder would dare return to the Above. So she would be protected. For now.

Turning to Crow, and stopping her from going anywhere, I felt the heavy weight of my weapon concealed within my clothing. I withdrew the gleaming blade and pointed it into the ground. "Dear girl, it has come to my attention that you have been placed in danger upon my head. Should you return to your land harmed, I shall repay you with my own blood. I vow to you, you will be protected and looked after until you are in the Above. There you will be monitored by me," I finished, holding the gleaming handle of the weapon in my shaking palm.

Returning to moving away, I held the destructive item ready at my side. I would not break the promise I should have made earlier. I should have warned her before stealing her away. What a fool I am.

Though, I feared it my be too late, Crow was turning. Turning to the side of the crazies, her skin had paled and her hair had been frizzing since she had finally admitted to her mental issues. Admittance was the first step, then there were many steps to follow. Denial, anger, fear, then the penultimate bestranging. The changing of hair, the unfocussed eyes, the desire to have tea and wear top hats and suits. I had gone through it myself, I had been one of the many Alices, though it was too late for me too return.

If Crow were to go through all of these stages without returning home within time, she would not only be Hatter junior, she'd be under the constant demand of the Queens, and just about everyone else in Wonderland.

Oh, it was no tea party, being a Hatter. Oh no.

As we walked we came upon a large ladder, leading up through the clouds. This would take her home. "Come." Was all I said to her, stood behind her as I waited. My blade pressed to her spine, giving that extra edge. "You'll be fine," I promised, holding the blade as though it were pressing into my heart, not her back.
♠ ♠ ♠
<_< >_>