Status: if you could leave a quick comment, i would love you forever and ever and ever. :]

Katie, Don't Cry.

P.S. I Love You.

“Katie Katie Katie Katie Katie Katie Katie Katie-”

“What?” I growled up at him, tapping the end of my pencil on my sand covered towel. Writing my English essay on the beach wasn’t really the best idea I’ve ever had.

He paused for a minute, before finally sticking out his bottom lip. “Um, I forgot.”

Rolling my eyes, I bit the end of the pencil and stood up, walking quietly along Belmont Pier, childishly avoiding the cracks in the wooden planks. The waves crashed against the supports underneath me, white spray splashing lightly upwards. Adam caught up with me, towering over my small frame with his whopping height of 6’3”. He stared out to the horizon, casually lacing his fingers with my own.

It was normal for us to hold hands, even though we both had amazing partners we loved to pieces. I had known Adam since I was 4 years old, when I moved to Long Beach, CA with my family. He was my next door neighbour, and we practically lived at each other’s houses. Through middle school, everyone thought we were going to be the ‘it’ couple in freshman year, right until we were seniors. But it never happened. We both met other people and… well, that’s it.

Sometimes I can’t help imagining what it would have been like if we did get together. Would we still be as comfortable as we were? Would we still be able to sleep at the others house without our parents lecturing us on safe sex? The last one, I seriously doubt, but… I still wonder. Like now, I’m wondering if he thinks about this stuff too, or if I’m just a freak who over analyzes things. I’m beginning to lean towards the latter.

We reached the end of the pier and leant against the metal bars, our hands still linked together. Adam bent down and rested his chin on his arm, still gazing at the sea line. There were some guys on water skis further out, laughing to each other and pulling crazy stunts that would most likely get each other killed.

“Katie, what would you do if I left?”

I looked at him like he was an idiot, my eyebrow arched. “Uh, die, of course. Why, you’re not leaving are you?”

He shook his head slowly, shooting me a comforting smile. “Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere, I promise. I was just curious.”

I frowned at him but diverted my attention to the guys again, watching as one of them stood up on the seat. Adam shook his head, smirking, and obviously getting an idea.

“Don’t you dare, Adam. I won’t let you.”

He turned his gorgeous smirk towards me, looking at our intertwined hands. He dropped mine and began jogging backwards, before turning around and full out sprinting. “Race you!”

I groaned and decided to follow him; going with the excuse that if I didn’t watch him he would end up drowning or something.

I was never going to get that damn essay done.

---

The next few days brought with them huge helpings of rain, with a few spoons of thunder and lightning on the side. I was trapped indoors, forced to play Barbie with my irritating younger sister and her ‘friends’. Friends that were unfortunately brain dead and whose limbs were stuffed with off-white cotton wool.

“No! Don’t pick up Sally like that!” Hayley whined and grabbed the bear that I was holding up by its ear.

“Calm down, kid. It’s not even real.”

Her face crumpled and her bottom lip quivered. “Mommy! Katie isn’t playing right!”

I heard a groan from downstairs, and an answering reply of, “Behave yourself and do it properly, Katelyn!”

“That’s what she said!” I grinned and sat back, watching as Hayley set up all her dolls again.

Katie don’t cry I know
You’re trying your hardest
And the hardest part is le-


I opened my cell once I got into my room, grinning widely. “Whoever you are, I love you so much.”

I heard Adam’s hearty chuckle on the other end. “Check your caller ID every once in a while, Katie. You never know which pervy stalker you could be saying that to.”

“Yes sir! Now, whaddaya want?”

“Charming. I was wondering, can I come over? Jane is going to her friends, and since Matthew is away in London right now…”

I sighed at the mention of my boyfriend and nodded. “Sure.”

I heard a click, signalling he ended the conversation, and closed my cell, throwing it on my bed. Not two seconds later, Adam bounded into my room and jumped on my bed. “MOVIE MARATHON!”

I rolled my eyes and closed my door, grabbing my huge bag of DVDs and throwing them at him. “Take your pick, moron.”

He stuck out his tongue and rummaged around, eventually picking up ‘Love Actually’. When I went to question him, he simply shrugged and muttered, “I’m in a soppy mood. Do not question the soppy mood.”

I sighed and nodded, getting myself comfortable against his chest as he pressed play. He put his arm around my waist, hugging me to him gently, while I complained about my fat. “I am fat. Live with it.”

“Lies and slander, Katie. You’re stick thin!” He replied, poking my stomach. “If there’s any fat on you, then it’s good fat, because any thinner and you’d be a walking twig. I don’t want you to snap.”

I scoffed and settled down in his arms, smiling lightly to myself as the first chords of ‘Christmas Is All Around Us’ began to play.

---

“Adam, I’m cold!” I whined into my pillow, tiredly turning over to face the empty sleeping bag on the floor. “Bitch went for breakfast without me!”

Grumbling to myself, got out of bed and skipped downstairs to the kitchen, following the delicious scent of syrup pancakes.

“Morning, sunshine,” he snorted, sticking a forkful of sugary goodness in his mouth. I pouted and patted my bed hair down, taking a seat in front of a new stack of pancakes that my Mom had put down. She nodded to us and went back upstairs, probably to bed again.

After we’d eaten, we raced each other back upstairs. I jumped back into my bed, throwing the duvet over my head as Adam collected the pyjamas and sleeping bag he’d brought over last night.

“You’re such a child,” he joked, as I heard him open the door and throw his stuff outside.

I peeped my head out and mock glared at him as he grinned lightly. “You’re cute when you fake anger.”

I felt my face heat up at that. He had a damn girlfriend, and I knew for sure that he loved her.

He walked towards me, his face showing a pained yet excited expression. His cool hand reached up and cupped my chin, guiding it upwards as he leaned down. “I’ve always wanted to do this, you know,” he whispered against my lips, his hot breath tingling lightly and… pleasurably.

“What are you doing? You have a girlfriend, Adam. You can’t do this to her.” I bit my lip in confusion.

He groaned with a mixture of annoyance and confusion,closing his yes. “Don’t do that. Don’t bite your lip like that," he replied, avoiding my question.

I immediately stopped doing it, averting my gaze to the washing basket in the corner. He turned me back towards him and looked into my eyes, his own dazzling blue one glittering slightly.

Then almost suddenly, he crashed his lips to mine, pushing me backwards on the bed. My hands instinctively went to his sandy hair as he pushed a crumpled piece of paper to my chest, pulling away almost as quickly as he advanced and running out of my door, out of my house, and out of my life.

I looked at what I could only describe as a confused and heartfelt note, and I’m sure that it was right there that I crumbled.

Katelyn,I’m just writing to sayI can’t do this anyIt’s so hard to write this down

Katie,

I’m sorry I couldn’t keep my promise. My parents have officially broken me. We’re moving to Perth in Australia, and I don’t want to. Believe me, I tried to stop them, but they wouldn’t listen. They kept saying that you could be replaced, that I would find another girl to chase after who loves American guys. But they don’t fucking understand, Katie! I love you, not anyone else, not even Jane. And I’ve been a damn idiot not to realize it sooner.

That’s why I kissed you. I needed to before I left. And, now, I’m gone. Please, don’t die. Live, for me. For Matthew. For Hayley, for your mother. And if you can’t do any of that, live for yourself. Don’t do anything stupid, baby. I promise I’ll think of you.

Adam. xxxxx

P.S. I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this while balancing a mouse-mat on my head, and now I feel all cool and superhero-ish. :]
Comments would be awesomely awesome. <3