Status: Completed.

Savin' Me.

Let the Game begin!

Cam woke up a lot of times during the night. One thing she definitely did not want to do before her race events. She sat up in bed and groaned. Greg, on the bed beside her, was on his stomach, snoring lightly. She smiled at him. He was definitely like a big brother. It really cheered her up last night that he was there for her. She sighed and got up deciding to take a walk and calm her nerves and thoughts.

>>

Jolene glared at Travis. Cameron just stormed out the room in tears. She did not hear the entire conversation just the end. And from what she heard, Travis was in for some bad ass kicking. Sherri was the only one in the room that had a pleased look on her face. Jolene wanted to smack that grin right of there. Greg seemed the most angered out of all of them. He was definitely the one that got the closest to her. They were like family.

“What the hell?!” He yelled. The room fell under a bigger silence, if that was even possible. Travis was just staring ahead. He just realized what has happened.

“Greg stay out of this.” Travis said his voice cracking.

“You’re telling me to stay out of this?! She’s gonna be crying all night now!”

“She isn’t she is tough!” Travis said getting up and knocking the chair over.

“You were way out of league with that comment!” Greg said getting up in his face. Andy, Tommy and Erik got up to separate them. Tommy held Greg back, while the other two got Travis. Greg didn’t seem like he’ll have any of that. He shoved Tommy of himself and lunged at Travis; Greg was mad. It was lucky Jolene and Ryan could catch him in time before anything would happen. Jolene was on his back and Tommy and Ryan pulled him back.

“Fuck this!” Greg yelled getting everyone off him. He grabbed the box everyone got Cameron and then slammed the door behind himself. Jolene wanted to do the same but she didn’t have the heart to.

“Um … I think I’m going to go hit the sack. Ryan you coming?” Jolene asked looking at her boyfriend with a look that said I-will-kill-you-if-you-don’t.

“Let’s go Jolene.” Ryan said putting his hand on the low of her back, and the two of them scurried out the room. Tommy and the others looked at each other. Tommy yawned.

“I’m going to sleep.” He said hurrying out the room as well.

“I’ll help Chad and the others with the banners.” Andy offered walking out too.

“I’ll … join the Knoxville.” Jim said running out the room, leaving Travis and Sherri alone. Sherri walked up to Travis, ‘seductively’. Travis groaned sitting down on a chair and looking ahead with a pained expression.

“Thank you for finally seeing she was a bitch.” Sherri said taking a seat in his lap.

“I’m going to sleep babe.” Travis said feeling exhausted and guilty. Cameron did not deserve this. Especially before an event; her first events. She has enough stress on her. He’s such a loser. Everything was fine before he got jealous. Jealousy is a bitch, he thought to himself. He stripped down to his boxers and got under the covers. Sherri snuggled up to him and he groaned silently. He didn’t need this now.

>>

Cameron walked out the room and jumped seeing Chad Kroeger in front of her. He gave her a huge smile which faded as he saw her blood shot eyes and slightly puffy cheeks. So what Jim said was indeed true. He swung his arm around her shoulder and led her down the hallway.

“Travis is a bastard. Just ignore him.” Chad said a low voice. Inside he wanted to rip his head off, but he knew he had to suppress himself. Cameron was never really a person that held grudges.

“No … it was my fault. I shouldn’t have said that against Sherri.”

“Hey! From what I’ve heard he asked for it!” Chad said a bit louder.

“I shouldn’t have said that about Sherri. It was out of my league.”

“Nope. You had every right too, he even asked for it so.” Chad said squeezing her shoulder.

“Let’s drop it.” Cameron groaned.

“I say you go discuss it with him.” Chad said with a sly smile as he walked back to his room. Cameron looked up and saw Travis standing there with his hands shoved deep into his pockets. Chad smiled at her and walked up to Travis. She watched as Travis nodded sternly. Knowing Chad, Cameron knew he was probably threatening him if he hurts her and all.

“Hey.” Cameron said quietly as he walked up to her.

“I need to talk to you.” Travis said grabbing her wrist slightly and leading her up to the roof. “I thought you’d like this…”

Cameron had a thing for roofs. It helped her clear her mind and make her feel more calm than anything else. Plus, she loved to look at the stars. This roof was beautiful though. It had lights hung around everywhere. It reminded Cameron of the official ‘If today was your last day’ music video. She loved it.

“I really like it.” she said walking up to the bench under the lights. She sat down and Travis sat down beside her and smiled.

“I made that.” Travis said pointing at the two toned gravel in front of her. Cameron squinted her eyes and tilted her head a little. After a few minutes she finally made out the words. It wasn’t very neat but it did make her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. She smiled suppressing a couple of tears.

I’m really sorry, I was a dumbass. Forgive and forget?

“Forgive and forget.” Cameron said with a laugh.

“Are you serious?” Travis asked a little confused.

“Yeap. It was my fault I talked bad about Sherri. I shouldn’t have judged her.” Cameron said sounding guilty. Travis sighed quietly. He felt bad making Cameron feel guilty.

“You shouldn’t feel guilty. It was my fault. I don’t know what took over me…” Travis lied. He knew what took over him. Jealousy is still a bitch. “But let’s forget that. Get ready and bring your gear bag. And don’t forget you can win this!”

“How come you’re not cheering Sherri on this much?” Cameron asked pulling the bathrobe around her waist a little tighter.

“She doesn’t … appreciate it I guess?” Travis said.

“Oh. Well I do!” Cameron said happily bouncing ahead. He sighed. He really, really, really liked her. “Come on Wonder Boy!” Cameron said turning around abruptly and bumping into Travis. He caught her and looked down at her. Cameron sensed that there was a very small gap between them. The growing urge inside to kiss him was unbelievable. “You have a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend…” she whispered so only he could hear.

“Greg?” Travis asked in a knowing tone. Cameron looked at him with a what-the-hell look all across her face.

“No! He’s like a brother to me!” Cameron laughed. “Is the small peck that you got pissed at last night?” Cameron figured out his little secret. Travis scratched the back of his neck and looked down at the floor. “Aw come on! He is only a friend! Dude!” Cameron laughed.

“So who’s the one?” Travis asked putting his arm around her shoulder. Cam laughed and wrapped her arms around his waist. Whoever sees them now will think that they’re wither a couple or really drunk due to their walking.

“This guy from college.” Cam said ashamed. Tony wasn’t her exact dream guy. “But don’t tell anyone!”

“What? How come?”

“No one knows. Not even my parents.”

“Why? Tell me I won’t tell anyone!” Travis said getting interested in this subject.

“That’s good. Because neither am I.” Cameron said a finalized tone. Travis nodded understanding that was one secret he had to keep.

“I’m starting to understand Sherri being a bitch to everyone.” Travis said.

“I told you so wouldn’t really fit in this conversation right?” Cameron laughed. Travis laughed bitterly and looked ahead. He was starting to understand she was not the one for him.

“I’m going to end it with her … right after the event.”

“Well … at least it is after the even so she wouldn’t be all sad and depressed.” Cameron said nodding.

“Yeah …” Travis sighed. “Don’t tell anyone. No one knows.”

“Okay. Let’s get going though.” Cameron said entering her room. Travis laughed and got inside his.

Cameron tossed on a pair of light jean skirts, and a white tank top along with her blue converse. She shoved her new gear in the Ogio gear bag she had bought herself and smiled. Greg was probably already at the car waiting for everyone. She knew Chad and hopefully the Jackass guys were already there. Her parents and brothers were with Debbie and Robert, according to Travis.

She pulled her bag out and smiled seeing everyone there.

“Glad y’all made up.” Greg said smiling at Travis too. Sherri seemed a little pissed as she walked ahead.

“Let the game begin!” Cameron cheered. They all joined and they made their way down to the X-Games….