Status: Completed.

Savin' Me.

New Goal.

The ten minute car ride was quick and eventful. Jolene and the others did a great job in keeping Cameron unserious and calm. Cam knew that she’ll soon feel scared. She was still excited to see the fans that had won the tickets. Getting out of the car she smiled seeing the three guys standing beside her family.

She ran up to them and hugged them all happily. She turned to the three unfamiliar faces. There was a guy who was barely 16 from Japan, a girl and another guy. The last guys couldn’t really be seen, due to it being covered in a hoodie.

“Well I’m glad to meet y’all!” Cameron said shaking their hands. “You’ll be staying with my parents and all.”

“Oh… Em… Gee! You’re like my idol!” The girl squeaked. “I’m Brigette!”

“I’m Hiro!” the Japanese guy said.

“You already know me…” a deep and husky voice said from under the hoodie. Cam froze. She definitely knew that voice.

“Ton… Tony?” she asked her voice cracking.

“Miss me?” he asked hugging Cam. Travis watched him. He could easily tell Cam didn’t like him. She was so stiff and all.

“Tony… I’m not your girlfriend! I told you that many times now!” she hissed in his ear.

“Yes you are!” he snarled and pulled back. “I’m happy to see you again.”

“Do you know this man?” Marie asked eyeing the scrawny and high looking guy in front of her daughter.

“… Yeah … this is my boyfriend from college.” Cam admitted sadly.

“Oh! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US ABOUT HIM!” Marie said hugging the kid. Cameron looked down at the floor sadly as her parents started to small talk to the guy. She knew what was coming.

The group went inside and talked for a little more. Cameron did a few more interviews, trying to keep a straight face. Inside she was bursting with fear. Tony showing up wasn’t a good sign. He probably needed money and all. She braced herself about his threatening and his actions.

When Cam could get away from the media she dragged Tony into the small room.

“What are you doing here!” Cam yelled rather than asked.

“What babe. You know I love you.”

“But I don’t and why don’t you leave me alone already!” Cam hissed.

“Babe… you want me to spill the beans?” Tony asked grabbing Cameron’s arm and shoving her against the wall. He was scrawny, but that was because of the drugs. Tony was actually pretty tough. Cameron shoved past him to the other end of the room. Tony licked over his lips, making Cameron’s breakfast about to come back up.

“Get off of me!” Cam screamed as Tony thrusts his body against her. Cameron thanked God as Mark burst in followed by Greg and Travis.

“Yo, yo, yo! Get the fuck off of my baby sister!” Mark shouted lunging at Tony, shoving him away from Cameron. She was standing there looking from her so called boyfriend and her brother. Travis and Greg pulled Mark back as he was about to knock Tony out.

“Mark! Calm down!” Cameron yelled. “It... It was nothing!”

“Why did you scream then Cameron!” Mark yelled trying to break free and beat the living crap out of the guy.

“It was probably another girl outside!” Cameron said. “Now… I’d like everyone to leave…. I need to change and get out there.” Cameron opened the door for everyone. Mark calmed down and then left the room slamming the door behind him. The others followed soon after him.

Cameron leaned against the wall and slumped down to the floor, letting the tears come. She hated crying.

Cameron leaned against the wall and slumped down to the floor, pushing the tears back. She hated crying more than anything. She took a deep breath, in a failed attempt to calm her nerves. Suddenly Travis entered the room, making Cameron jump. She quickly stood up and wiped her tears away.

Travis’ smile slowly faded as he saw her cheeks were slightly wet. He placed his hands on her shoulder and led her to the bed. He pushed her down slightly and sat down next to her. He waited a few minutes to get her to calm down. She sighed loudly and gave Travis a weak smile.

“Calm down Cam.” Travis pulled her into an awkward hug. She sighed and dropped her gaze down to the floor ashamed. “What happened?”

“… ” Cameron didn’t know if she should tell him or not. She barely knew him, but telling her secret would definitely take some weight of her shoulders. Maybe she should just tell him. After all, both her races were coming up and she definitely didn’t want to be distracted. She took a deep breath, “Tony is the one that got me on drugs. He was threatening me with telling my parents about it if I break up or don’t pay him … He’d beat me occasionally … and I didn’t tell my parents about him , because I was scared he’d hurt them too … or … do something bad. Whenever I see him he usually forces me to shoot up. I refused the last couple of times, and, I’m just scared to do anything against him.”

Travis had wide eyes and his mouth was slightly open. He was definitely shocked.

“Okay… well its good you told me. And don’t worry. We have Greg… so he can be like a … protector for you. And I’ll beat him up to… and don’t forget the gorilla brother of yours! And you brother-in-law Brian. So we file in court against him and then you’ll be good. For now, just tell everyone to avoid him. I’ll get Jolene to text the family and friends.” Travis said. He already had a plan in his head which amazed Cameron. It seemed so easy when he said it… but really it wasn’t he’d definitely hurt her. Or worse; someone else. Cameron sighed and nodded her head. Travis was acting really nice, too nice. She definitely had to think of a way to thank him.

“Trav… thank you. For everything… really.” Cam said the tears pouring again. Travis hugged her comfortingly and let out a low chuckle.

“You get geared up… and get ready for the race. I’ll text Jolene, and in a matter of minutes… like half the world will know. You just don’t worry now.” Travis said leaving the room.

He felt sad, depressed and angry all at the same time. Sad and depressed for Cameron, and also angry at her for letting that bastard do that. He sighed shaking his head. It was not her fault. All the blame should be on Tony. He was a bastard … and deserved jail for doing such a thing like that to Cameron. She did not deserve that kind of life. She needed to be saved from that kind of life. And now that Travis knows, he felt like he should be the one doing the saving.

He caught Jolene. “Joe. I need to talk to you.” he said seriously. Jolene wiped the smirk of her face and nodded sternly entering the room with Travis. He checked if there was anyone else, other than themselves in the area, and made sure no one would hear anything.

Jolene stood in the center of the room, and watched as Travis investigated every inch of it. She narrowed her eyebrows in confusions. She was starting to get worried, when he locked the door. What could be this serious? She was trying to stay calm as her mind whirled with possibilities of what could’ve gone wrong to a level of no-one-but-you-in-this-room-is-allowed-to-know.

Travis turned back to Jolene and sighed. He filled her in what he knew, and in just a spilt of a second, Jolene had her phone in her hand, pressing various buttons and sending out texts. A minute didn’t even pass until she got back texts of OKAY, and THAT ASS HOLE, … but everyone knew this wasn’t that small of a deal, so they decided to play their card right. Jolene shoved her phone back into her pocket, and looked at Travis.

“How is she?”

“She’s depressed, but she’s calmed down. I think all she needed was telling someone about her problem. And now that she knows that we’ll be helping her…” Travis sighed scratching the back of his neck. The information was still a little too much for him to handle. “I say we shouldn’t mention it to anyone and just ignore it for the time being …”

“You’re right. I’ll go see how she’s doing.” Jolene said with a nod and then walked out the room and down the hallway to the other room. She knocked lightly and entered. She grinned seeing Cameron pulling on her boots. She was holding the shirt that had Peyton and 4 on it in one hand and the helmet, goggles and the gloves in the other.

Cameron smiled at Jolene sadly, and hugged her. “We’re going to get the bastard don’t worry.” Jolene laughed.

“Yeah. I hope so.”

“I’m sure we will.”

“You know what. Yeah, we will.” Cameron said with a smile.

“That’s the way to do it.” Jolene laughed grabbing Cam’s helmet and goggles. Cameron pulled on her gloves and grinned.

“Let’s win some gold!” she exclaimed grabbing her red bull shaped water bottle, and leading the way out. Jolene was following behind her. Cameron made her way up to the arena. The crowd cheered. She was happy that a lot of her fans and friend and family were there. She glanced around the place and smiled seeing the Jackass/Viva la Bam and all the others holding huge banners. Cam laughed happily seeing the I <3 Cam Peyton t-shirts. Jolene pulled her sweater of revealing the t-shirt. She snapped a picture of her. “That’s me on the big screen!” Cam said happily pointing to the huge screen. Jolene nodded. Cameron looked over to the start line. SX would be the first event.

“Yo Cam!” Mark said in a slightly angry tone. He was standing behind the barriers on the side. She recognized the three winners, Travis, his parents and the rest of the Nitro Crew. A commentator walked up to Cameron with a wide grin.

“You’re the newbie!”

“That’s me!”

“So tell us how’s the pressure going?” The guy asked. Cameron realized it was Sal.

“Sal. I’m trying to calm down but I’m trying to stay positive. I’m in this because of a bet... I’ll try my best Ain’t that right?!” she asked, receiving a huge ass cheer from the crowd. “Don’t do drugs bitches!” With that Cameron shoved everyone a bulls horn and then turned to Mark.

“That was the adrenalin junkie! Well good luck!” Sal asked jokingly.

“Thank you!” Cameron laughed walking over to her brother. He hugged her and whispered in her ear,

“I could’ve killed him if you told me earlier Cam?”

“I was scared.”

“I know. Travis filled us in. Just go out there and win some gold!” Mark said pulling away and yelling the last part into a megaphone. Cameron laughed and whooped along with the crowd. The environment was crazy as hell but very fun all in all. She turned around to see her parents chatting to Debby and Robert. She only met Travis’ parents a few time. Even though they were always at his house, she only had free time before bed. She usually talked to them a little but either Debbie or Robert would yell at her to go to bed. She hugged them all.

“Now honey, are you sure you want to do this?” her mother, Marie, asked.

“Yes mom. I’m sure. It was a bet.”

“I swear I’m gonna kill Knoxville one day.” Her mother groaned.

“Don’t listen to her honey.” her father laughed.

“You gonna kick some ass out there today girl!” Robert said along with a pat on her back.

“I’ll calm your mother down as much as possible that is.” Debby laughed. Cameron smiled at them gratefully. They were really great people.

“Thanks for everything.” She said giving them each a hug again. Travis and Sal walked up to them now. He swung an arm around Cameron’s shoulder.

“I need to ask you something.” He asked looking down at her seriously. “Where’s the clutch?”

“On the left side of the bike.” Cameron laughed playfully as everyone cheered.

“Well. Let’s get you up to the grid now girl!” Travis said jumping over the barrier and running over to her bike making sure everything was alright. Cameron looked over at the Nitro guys and hugged everyone gratefully for putting up with her training and all.

“GET DIRTY, GIRL!” Greg yelled into megaphone. Mark just shook his head with a laugh. Cameron took a last glance up at the stands and saw her sister waving around a P sign. They just did a Mexican wave for her. She shoved them a thumbs up and looked up at Travis.

“You’re bikes fine. Just get the helmet and goggles on and… you’re good to go.” Travis said with a happy nod.

“Well. Watch me go.” Cam said without a hint of nervousness in her voice. Travis just laughed and shook his head handing her the goggles. “Thank you for everythin, again.” Cam said forcing the tears back.

“Don’t you get all teary on me now girl!” Travis said hugging her. “You’re going to be fine!” He kissed her check and walked off back to the barrier. Cameron traced her check and then looked over at Travis. He was smiling widely in his I <3 Cam Peyton shirt. She just noticed that he was rooting for her and not his girlfriend, Sherri. That small peck he gave her just ticked something off inside her.

A very different thought crossed her mind. Maybe her feelings were a bit more than friendship towards Travis. One thing for sure, she was interested in him more than she should be towards a friend. She shook her head. She couldn’t be thinking these thoughts. He had a girlfriend after all. A girlfriend she was racing against her and was attempting to beat her.

“And what could be going through the head of clearly one of the favorite contestants and the newbie to the sport, Cameron Peyton.” Cameron laughed. Oh if they knew there’ll be hell of a show put on. She looked to the side and saw all her rivals starting the engines of the bike. She did the same and revved it a little turning all her focus on the race.

She blocked all the noise out and waited for the start.

The gate dropped and she popped the clutch jerking ahead. She had a bad start. All her rivals were in front of her. She cursed loudly leaning forward and giving it her best. Her chance of gold has slipped away, so her new goal was to get on the podium. She saw Knoxville and the others cheering her on none the less.

The laps seemed longer, and more tiring than usual. She was turning in to the stretch and saw Travis leaning out with a pit board. It had ‘Pin it to win it!’ on it. She smiled to herself and then leaned forward focusing on the race. She was definitely in this to win it. She must not forget that. She pulled the thin plastic off her goggles and then looked straight ahead.

She turned into fourth on the last lap. Travis was standing on the barrier waving his shirt around in the air. Cameron ignored the funny sight and then looked at the people ahead of her. She recognized Sherri directly in front of her and two of the other girls that she didn’t know who they were. She saw them and was ready to get in front of them. She risked everything. Extra high jumps and all. She was second with only two more corners to go. That was it. She wanted to win this. She let go of the clutch not caring what would happen … but she didn’t realize that she crossed the finish line first. She stopped the bike near the barriers and ripped her helmet and goggles off. She had a confused look on her face. Travis screamed lifting her off her feet and spinning her around. She lifted both her hands in the air triumphantly as the crowd went wild….

I want to get over the X-Games so imagine the same thing for the FX.

“You were great Cam!” Travis said happily as she was around her medals.

“I’m soo happy! But I’m exhausted. I wanna go back to the hotel and sleep. After a shower… of course.” she said with a yawn. “I got the money so it’s good.”

“Let’s get you back.” Travis laughed helping her in the van.