Status: Completed.

Savin' Me.

Killer.

Cam looked up at her ex boyfriend. His expression was confused and distraught so she guessed he was already high. She was forcing the tears back, trying not to break down. Only one thing was to come now. One of the things she feared the most. Tony’s lips curved up into a crooked smile as he stumbled over to the bed. Cam was frozen. She was not able to move from the shock of Tony showing up.

“Tony please don’t do this.”

“We had a deal.” he snarled pulling her after himself. “I don’t tell anyone about your little secret and you’ll join me whenever.”

Cameron shut her eyes tightly trying to forget that dreaded day. The day that ruined her life. She let the tears slip as she was being dragged out of the hotel. They passed a few people on the way out but they were too drunk to notice that she was being dragged outside against her own will. Tony chucked her inside the car’s passenger seat before taking his place behind the wheel. He started the engine and gunned it, taking way to God knows where.

Cam just sat there, not bothering to buckle up or anything. Her life was in ruins. And now she took a bunch of more people down with her. By this point she was brainstorming ideas on suicide, ending her misery and others. Tony was speaking something but she didn’t care. She didn’t care for anything at that moment. All she wanted was to be free of her past; to chuck out the skeletons from her closet. She just wanted to be saved from this. “Bitch I’m talking to you!” Tony’s scream brought her out of her suicidal train of thoughts. She tore her gaze away from the passing city and looked at Tony with an evil glare.

“Yes?” she hissed in response.

“If you tell anyone about this… I swear you’ll pay.” he said. Cameron had her this speech so many times, that she knew it off by heart. She turned back to look at the city. Her bored actions clearly angered Tony. He raised his hands and slapped her across the face, forgetting about driving for a moment. Cameron looked up holding her cheek. Her eyes went wide,

“TONY THE CAR!!” she screamed yanking the steering wheel to the left, in a failed attempt of maneuvering the truck out.

There was a deafening crash. The car rolled over a few times before landing on its side by the ditch. The truck collided with the passenger’s side of the car…

>>

Travis rolled around in his bed, willing the phone to shut up. It had been ringing for quite a while now. He groaned getting up and dragging himself over to the phone. It stopped ringing just as he reached it. He cursed chucking it at the table across the room.

He stretched and walked outside deciding to see Cameron to thank her for yesterday and to apologize for the things he said. The last thing he remembered from the party was getting a bunch of tequila. Everything from then on was a blur. He ran a hand through his messy hair and knocked on the door. No answer. He knocked again after a short while of silence. Still no answer.

He was about to enter, when Greg showed up down the hallway. He smiled at him and waved.

“Mornin cuz. You feeling better?” he asked with his toothbrush sticking out his mouth, as he searched his pockets for a key. He finally found it and opened the door.

“Still have a headache. By the way … where’s Cam?” Travis asked looking around the empty room.

“Bed’s not made. She’s probably down in the diner getting something to eat.” Greg yawned tossing his tooth brush down on the bed. “Which reminds me, I’m starving. Let’s get something to eat Mr. Hangover.”

Travis laughed and followed his cousin down to the diner. He greeted a few of his friends on the way. Chad caught up to them as they grabbed a plate and started to pile up the delicious looking food on it.

“Morning guys” Chad said with an indecisive expression on his face. “God! So much food! Don’t know which one to choose!”

“The cereal is always great. Oh! And the pancakes and eggs are BELLISIMO!” Tommy said walking by and doing that finger kissing motion the chefs do all the time.

“Hm… I’ll get the pancakes then. Have you guys seen Cameron?” Chad said loading up his plate and followed Travis and Greg to an empty table in the far end of the hall.

“We actually thought she was here.” Travis said, a frown appearing on his face.

“Nope. I’ve been here all morning and didn’t see her. Maybe she’s … outside?”

“We’ll find her after food. She might be with Joe shopping or doing some kind of girlie thing.” Greg laughed trying to loosen the mood a little. They finished their food and got up, heading outside to the pool to check if Cam was there. No sign of her.

“I guess she is with Jolene.” Travis said.

“Guess again TP.” Chad said cocking his head over to the sunbathing Jolene on the other end of the pool. She smiled and waved and approached them.

“Have you seen Cam?” Travis asked, a sign of worry ringing in his voice.

“I thought she was with you guys!” Jolene said lifting her hands up in an I’m-innocent motion. Jolene raised an eyebrow at the guys. “… You do know that there is a thing called phoning!” Jolene said throwing her hands up frustrated, before heading inside the hotel to get her phone and call Cameron.

Travis knew he was overreacting. Nothing bad could’ve happened to her. But a really annoying feeling kept telling him otherwise. This was a feeling he was trying to ignore. They reached Jolene’s floor and saw Mark pounding on her door. He turned his head slightly and stormed over to them.

“Is Cameron okay?!” he asked worried and angry. Travis was now confused.

“… We don’t know.”

“Oh I knew this will happen! I knew it!!! Son of a bastard!” Mark yelled walking off. They all exchanged worried looks before running after him.

“Mark what’s wrong?!” Travis asked.

“I’m the twin! I sense things dude!” Mark yelled angry. “Plus the fucker Tony’s gone as well!”

“What?!” Travis screamed now.

“Just get in the dammed car and you’ll find out!” Mark yelled. “You drive towards the highway Bell! I gotta make some calls!”

Any hopped in driver’s seat without argument, while the others just piled it. Mark was sitting in the back with Travis and Jolene took shot gun. Travis was worried sick now. If something had happened to Cameron he’d blame himself. If it wasn’t for him getting drunk last night she wouldn’t have left the party. Travis sighed and looked out the window as the light was still red. He cursed loudly.

“Fuck why can’t this damned light can’t turn green quickly!” he yelled punching the seat frustrated.

“That the same thing I’m asking!” Jolene said looking back. “Mark did you get anything?”

“No I didn’t get anything!” Mark said mimicking a high pitched voice. Any other day she would’ve argued and messed with him but not today. Today was different, and in a bad way. “The guys back at the hotel didn’t find her either. Chad and the others are checking the surveillance cameras now. Sherri’s even helping.” Mark said looking at Travis.

“I don’t give a fuck at the moment.” Travis said annoyed.

“Wow. I think TP is finally coming to his senses.” Andy laughed behind the wheel. He stepped on the gas abruptly and everyone flew forward.

“BELL WATCH YOUR FUCKING DRIVING!!!” Mark yelled.

There was a long line of cars as they made a right turn. The four of them all yelled out in agony.

“I cannot believe this…” Jolene said looking through the sun roof. “There’s like 10 miles of nothing but cars!”

“Must be a crash…” Andy said.

“I’m outta here.” Travis said ripping the door open and running ahead. Mark and Jolene were soon on his heel.

“YO guys! What about me!” Andy yelled after them.

“STAY WITH THE CAR!” they yelled back. About a 2 minute run they all reached the crash site. Jolene screamed as she saw the familiar car piled up under the truck. They were about to pass over the security line when the officer stopped them

“Excuse me but no one is allowed to pass the police line.” he said pushing them back. Mark yelled out something incomprehensible and shoved the officer to the side, and ran toward the stretcher. Travis and Jolene ran after him. Jolene had tears flowing down her cheeks rapidly as she saw the stretcher.

Travis couldn’t move. He couldn’t recognize the woman on the stretcher. But that was Cameron. Covered in cuts and gashes, pieces of glass and blood, a lot of blood. He reached after her as she was loaded in to the helicopter. Mark went with her in the chopper. Travis was hugging Jolene trying to comfort her. They had seen their fair share of broken limbs, blood and other injuries but this was… bad. Travis looked around trying to find anyone else who was familiar. His anger started to boil up when he saw him.

He started to walk up to him in long strides. He pushed past the cops and grabbed Tony’s color. He picked him up and pinned him against the ambulance in a quick and hard motion. Tony yelped out in pain. The cops tried to pull Travis off Tony, thinking that he was the victim.

“Get off me! This guy is the reason of the accident! He was probably high!” Travis screamed annoyed.

“What?” the police woman asked.

“That’s right!” He’s a damned user!” Travis yelled. “He’s been threatening Cameron ever since college! She tried to file for a restraining order but all you did was ignore her! She’s suffering ever since college!”

“Is this true Mr. Fiorillo?” the woman asked looking at Tony. Travis was glaring at him, ready to pounce if he lied.

“… You know what?” Tony asked slurring his words. He didn’t take his eyes of Travis. “It’s true. And you know what else is true?”

“Don’t believe him. He’ll lie!” Travis said urgently. He didn’t know what Tony was about to say, but something was telling him it wasn’t nice.

“Oh I’m not lying. Cameron did the lying here.” Tony laughed. The stink of his breath nearly knocked out Travis.

“What is true about Cameron?” the police woman asked in a harsh tone.

"She killed someone."