Status: Completed.

Savin' Me.

Pasta.

“Cam, you okay?” Mark asked worried.

“Yes, I mean No, I’m pissed!” Cam stuttered looking after the girl that walked off. Cameron turned to face her brother with a confused look. Mark cocked an eyebrow at her, but soon realized who she had bumped into too.

“Ahh… yes. I guess you’ve met Sherri. She’ll be the hardest to get along with.”

“So best advice is to avoid her?” Cameron asked still a bit confused. Mark sighed and nodded.

“The best you can. Come on. Let me introduce you to Travis and then he can show you your room and you’ll be able to put your stuff down.”

Cameron smile and picked up her bags following Mark out to the kitchen. She smiled when she saw a tall figure sitting on the counter eating what looked like a hot pocket. Travis looked up and grinned at Cameron and Mark.

He jumped of the counter and rubbed his hands on his gear and walked up to Cameron.

“Hey! Travis Pastrana.”

“Cameron Peyton. Call me Cam.” She said happily shaking his extended hand. At least he is friendly.

“Nice to finally meet you… in person.” Travis smiled at her. He clapped his hands together. “Okay. I only got one room left and that is in the basement. I hope it’s cool with you…?”

“Sure it is! Heck put me in a tent outside, and I’d be fine with it!” Cameron laughed. Travis grinned and led the way down to the basement. He opened the door to the room. It was homey. The walls were painted a light brown color and the smallish bed in the middle was a darker brown color. A bunch of lights were scattered across the place so the fact that it was in the basement, would kinda be forgotten. There was a small TV opposite the along with a dresser and a bean bag on each side. Cameron smiled walking in and dumping her bags down in front of the dresser.

“So… I’ll give you some time to get packed… Than you can come up to eat some lunch…” Travis said but Mark interrupted him.

“You mean hot pockets.” Mark said in a tired tone. “Jeez Travis… can we just order food. We’ve been eating that shit for days!”

“Hot pockets is not shit!” Cameron and Travis yelled at the same time, making everyone burst out laughing. “I can’t make you anything else. You think I can cook?” Travis said looking at Mark.

“I can whip up something if you want… who’s up for pasta a la Cameron?” she asked standing up and putting on a really bad fake Italian accent.

“Sounds good!” Travis said.

“That’s settled then. I’ll help you pack so you can get to training quicker.” Mark said unzipping one of the duffel bags laying on the floor.

“I’ll be waiting outside then.” Travis smiled before heading out and up the stairs.

It took Mark and Cameron to pack one bag up in twenty minutes. Jolene trotted down the stairs and saw Mark suffering with folding a t-shirt. She laughed and told him to get out of there so she can help Cameron.

“I heard you met Sherri.” Jolene said breaking the silence. Cameron looked up and nodded.

“How do you know?”

“Erik and Jeremy were discussing it.”

“I hope she didn’t bitch talk about me. Do the guys hate me now?” Cameron asked folding a shirt and placing it down above all the other ones. Something was telling her that Sherri did indeed bitch talk about her behind her back. Not that she cared much. The house was very big so she could manage avoiding her if she continued this manner towards her. Cameron looked up at Jolene and caught her smiling.

“That’s Sherri now.” she said with a little tired tone. “But don’t worry. The guys will definitely like you more than Sherri.”

“I guess you don’t like her much.”

“ME?! No one likes her. Your brother is like the leader of the haters! But we don’t really talk bad about her in front of Travis. Now he is our friend and we don’t really want him to get mad at us or just upset about the whole thing.” Jolene explained.

“Well… that’s interesting.”

“She’ll hate you more than us you know.”

“Tell… what have I done to make her hate me already? Apart from bumping into her that is.” Cameron asked hopeless, dumping her empty bags under the dresser. Jolene stood up and smoother her jeans out.

“You two are going to be competing in the same event.” she laughed. “And I think… everyone will be rooting for you. I’m for sure. You’re like the girl best friend I always wanted among these guys.”

“Aw, thank you!” Cameron said happily giving Jolene a hug. “I’m starving… going to go up and make everyone lunch. I heard y’all were getting tired of Travis’ specialty?”

“Don’t even mention it!” Jolene said pressing her palm against her temples. Cameron laughed and navigated her way back to the kitchen. She rummaged through the cupboards and piled up the ingredients that were needed. She was dicing the tomatoes when Travis’ walked in.

“Wow! You’re really cooking.”

“Just like I said.” Cameron smiled and dropped the tomatoes into the pan. “Okay which pasta? These short curly looking ones, or the regular long ones?” She asked holding up to packets. Travis looked at both of them.

“Just throw in half of each!” he said tossing his hands up in the air in frustration.

“Fine by me.” Cameron laughed opening both packets and continuing with the making of lunch. In about 20 more minutes she was done. “Guys!!!! Lunch is done!” she hollered, her voice echoing through the empty house. She sighed realizing everyone was outside. She walked out the kitchen and stepped outside on the grass. The revving of engines could be heard not far off. Cameron followed the sounds and soon found a still unknown faces. Smiling, she walked up to them and waved. “Hey! I’m Cameron Peyton!”

“Jeremy Rawle.” The one with long hair and the beard said shaking her hand.

“Erik Roner.” the other one, the blonde guy said shaking her hand as well. “You’re the crazy chick? The one that wants to win X-Games after like six days?”
“Glad to finally meet you all! And yeap! That’s me. Just wanted to say lunch is done… and no! It is not hot pockets!” Cameron said realizing the sudden fear run across their face. “Just wondering where the others are…”

“They’re by the shed. We’ll help you round them up.” Jeremy offered. Cameron smiled gratefully and started to walk down to the shed. Cameron saw some cool paintball guns on the way and she decided to take the advantage of shooting, while not seen.

“I’m going to shoot Andy in the ass!” she stated checking if the gun was full on paint.

“Good luck with that.” Jeremy said clearly not believing Cameron was possible capable in doing that. Cameron looked at him devilishly and grinned.

“Oh, I’ll get him I tell you!” Cameron laughed. “Just… take his attention away.”

“I like you already!” Jeremy said. Erik smiled and agreed with Jeremy as they walked off to keep Andy’s attention away from Cameron lurking around with the paintball gun.

Cameron ran to the woods and started to walk towards the shed, keeping out of eyesight. She grinned when she saw her victim. He was talking to Erik and Jeremy totally oblivious. He even had his back turned to her which made everything much easier. Nearly everyone was around the shed, so this would be easier for Cameron. And a hella lot more fun!

Cameron went down on her knees and hid behind the bush. She aimed at Andy’s ass carefully. She started to fire. When Andy started to jump around, Cameron jumped up from behind the bush and fired at Andy, hitting him all over the back and his ass. Cameron laughed and put the gun down leaning on the shed’s wall, trying to stop herself from falling down. The others were laughing and Andy was just pissed.

“Jeez Cam!” he said.

“Come on! You have to admit. That is funny Bell!”

“No! Now I have to take a shower!”

“Finally.” Cameron said playfully scrunching her nose up. This bought yet another uproar of laughter from everyone. Andy couldn’t say anything to that comment. Cameron sighed and smiled. “Come on. Don’t get your balls all tied up. It was only a joke. Let’s all go and get something to eat. It is not hot pockets!” she said quickly realizing the fear of hot pocket lunch run along their faces. “I made pasta!”

“The pasta?” Mark asked happily.

“The pasta!”

“I’ve missed the pasta!” Mark said happily running ahead and into the house.

“This pasta must be good.” Travis laughed walking ahead. Cameron was about to pick up the pace when someone bumped her. She stopped and looked to her right seeing Sherri giving her a death glare and walking ahead with Travis. Jolene caught up with her.

“I told ya.” she said crossing her hands over her stomach. “I’m starving. Let’s hurry up before the guys eat the food. Luck Tommy isn’t here yet.”

“Tommy?”

“He’ll be flying in tomorrow with Gregg Godfrey.” Jolene explained as they entered the kitchen. Everyone was already scattered out either sitting on the counter, some chairs or the isle munching away on the pasta. Jolene quickly ran over to the left over and scooped up a bunch of pasta on her plate, Cameron following behind her and getting her own plate loaded up. Cameron took a seat on the counter and ate away. “This is great!” Jolene said with a mouthful.

“Agreed!” Travis said leaning back in his chair and putting down his fork down with a fulfilled look on his face.

“More like the opposite…” Sherri said leaving the room with the plate. Travis watched her leave and then sighed annoyed. Why does she always have to do that?!

“Don’t listen to her.” Travis said with a reassuring smile.

“I’m not. She took the plate with her. So it can’t be that bad.” Cameron laughed a little. The others looked at where Sherri was sitting and laughed, realizing that what she said was true. After everyone finished, Cameron loaded the dishwasher and cleaned up in less than half an hour. Travis walked in and smiled at her.

“Come on. Gear up! We gotta get started if you wanna win.” he laughed. Cameron nodded placing the towel down and running down to the basement quickly. She entered her room and looked at the riding gear on the bed that she piled up previously. She quickly strapped the protection gear on and pulled on the boots and looked in the mirror. She burst out in a laugh. She had to admit she looked ridiculous. One thing for sure. She was definitely not going to wear full gear for practice. She looked down at the baggy white trouser that Steve-O had got her when she had sent him out for a last minute shopping for gear.

She walked up to the living room, holding the full chest protector in one hand and her helmet in another hand. Travis grinned seeing her.
♠ ♠ ♠
More comments quicker updates :] (since I already have this story up on quizilla)