Status: Completed.

Savin' Me.

Calls.

Cameron slept about 5 hours that nights. The other hours were spent staring at the ceiling, and rolling around. Cameron was staring at the clock on her bedside table for an hour now.

“Fuck this…” She groaned getting up and starting her day at 6 AM. Considering the time Mark was most probably still asleep, so Cam headed for the shower. She walked out after 15 minutes with a towel around her head and body. Walking to her closet, she stared at her clothes. Today’s outfit was crucial. She didn’t want to make Jason’s parents think that she is some sort of hooker, with showing too much skin. Nor did she want them to think she was some sort of homeless with wearing crappy clothes. After ages she finally decided. Black skinny jeans, some DC shoes she got from Jolene and an orange DC shirt she bought not long ago. “This should do…” she mumbled looking at her outfit on the bed. She quickly pulled it on and dried her hair to its usual curly state.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror and studied her face. It didn’t really need any make up or shit. Grabbing her black zip-up hoodie she left her room to grab something to eat.

“Morning Shortie.” Mark greeted her as she entered the kitchen.

“Baldie.” Cameron replied walking over to the fridge to get some breakfast. Mark was already munching down on some cereal, so there was no need for preparing a bigger breakfast. Cameron got the milk carton and some pop-tarts. She took a seat in front of Mark and started to eat the food in silence.

Mark flipped through the magazine as he finished his breakfast. He looked up at his sister, who was very quiet compared to her usual self. She just nibbled on the pop-tart and once she ate that up, she got up and grabbed the box of twinkies.

“Hold on there…” Mark said raising an eyebrow, and dumping the magazine down. Cameron looked up at him with a stuffed face. “You’re scared!”

“I… I don’t see where you got that from!” Cam protested, nearly choking on the mouthful of sweetness in her mouth.

“Seriously?” Mark asked. “Your face is stuffed with the unhealthy crap you eat, before you go and do something important. Need I bring up the X-Games event?”

“Shut up!” Cam said after swallowing the bite.

“You found Jason?”

“Yes. I’m going down there in about an hour.” Cam said glancing at the clock on her phone.

“Good luck Cam.” Mark hugged her. “Just do something to get it of your mind until then.”

“Planning on watching some TV and updating the website; maybe even gonna answer some fan mail.” Cam said, shoving her hands in the back pocket of her jeans. Mark smiled happily and walked into the living room. Cam plopped down beside him with her laptop.

Mark grabbed the remote and switched through the channels. He stopped on MTV to see what was going on. One of the news show things was airing.

“Hehe…” Mark laughed. “Another celeb-plant got in jail.”

“Very funny indeed Mark.” Cam shook her head, and looked at the screen.

“…Then there is Jackass Girl. She seems to be a little commitment shy, leaving Motocross cutie, Travis Pastrana sad and lonely at the airport yesterday. Seems like the relationship they developed in Dubai wasn’t the best one and the daredevils chose different paths. But as unpredictable as those two are no one knows what we’ll see from them. Maybe she should take some dating lessons from her sister, who is currently filming her new movie which will premier on the 1st of January! And thats it for today…” The guy said ending his speech. Cameron and Mark just stared at the television, with a blank expression spread across their face.

“Hehe.” Mark laughed flipping the channel. “Oh! South Park!”

“I love South Park!” Cam exclaimed. Hearing things in TV about her relationships and past was something all of them had gotten used to. It was rather pathetic and funny after everyone has gotten used to. Watching the lies that the shows tell the people who actually believe it can cheer a shitty day up in a matter of seconds. Audrina was the one that usually got the bad gossip with her husband and all.

Cameron watched an episode of South Park. She looked at the clock and saw it was time to leave. She stood up and Mark walked her to the door. He smiled and hugged her encouragingly.

“You go Cam. I’ll get you a surprise until you come home.” Mark said with a sneaky grin on his lips.

“No need for that!” Cam groaned. “I need to get this done anyway.”

“Nope, a surprise is needed!” Mark insisted. He was clearly not going to give this up. “Now go.”

“I’m not leaving until you get rid of the surprise!” Cam said. She was not going to let this go. Mark glared at her seeing that he lost.

“Fine. Just start moving cuz you’ll be late. Got the address?” He asked leaning on the doorframe, and crossing his arms over his chest.

“Yeap. All here.” Cam answered waving the note she had in her back pocket in front of Mark’s face. “Wish me luck. And if they kill me… you can have the apartment.” Cam said hugging her brother.

“Thanks. Now go!” He ushered out. Mark watched as his sister walked away. He doubted she’d actually go there and talk to them. He expected at least two come backs or some phone calls before she actually does go and knock on the Anders’ door. Mark sighed and walk back inside the house. He sat down on the couch and grabbed his cell phone, dialing Travis’ number. Travis picked up after three rings.

“Hey!” Mark’s voice boomed.

“Ow…. hey.” Travis groaned on the other end. “Could you please keep the volume down? It feels like I have a hangover.” Travis crashed back into bed and pulled the covers over his body. He had a lot of sleep, so it felt like he needed more.

“Jeez Sleepy Head. Just get up and get your ass over here. Cameron has no idea about the surprise. She thinks I cancelled the whole thing.” Mark said with a laugh.

“Ha. Good. So I should start making my way down there?” Travis asked hopping out the bed and hopping around, trying to pull his jeans up.

“Yeap.” Mark said. Travis grabbed one of his unpacked bags and trotted down the stairs.

“Wait do you have some food down there?” Travis asked locking his house up and hurrying over to his yellow truck.

“Well. Not really. But I can make you waffles? That’s the furthest my culinary skills go.” Mark said as he rummaged through the fridge trying to find some things for the waffles.

“Waffles will be great. I’ll be there in a couple hours.” Travis said hanging up and chucking his bag in the back. He strapped himself in and was off.

Cameron walked down the streets very slowly. She looked into every window and walked at snails speed. It was frustrating her that she was so afraid of this. In her mind she’d just march up there knock on the door and get this shit over with.

There was no denying it. Cameron was scared shitless. She took a deep breath and continued down the street, with quicker and more confident steps. Her hands were buried deep inside the pockets of her hoodie, stretching the cloth. Her heart skipped a few beats as she saw the house. This was it. This was really the day she’d apologize and get things clear with.

Cam didn’t realized that she was standing still, just staring at the house a couple of meters away. She was pulled out of her daze, when someone bumped into her. Shaking her head and coming back to reality she glanced around. This was not a dream. This was reality. She was actually going to get this done. Cam dropped her head back and let out a groan. “You can do this…” she whispered to herself. She looked ahead and took in a deep gush of air, and started to walk towards the house. She was going to do this…

>

After two hours of driving Travis was at Cameron’s apartment. He parked the car a few blocks down, so Cam wouldn’t recognize the bright yellow truck when she was coming home. He closed the car and swung his bag over his shoulder. Travis walked up to the door and knocked loudly.

Mark soon answered the loud and impatient knocking. He rolled his eyes and walked into the kitchen. Travis stepped inside Cam’s apartment and closed the door. He dumped his bag down and followed Mark into the bright kitchen.

“Got the waffles for ya.” Mark said pushing a plate in front of Travis.

“Thanks.” Travis said digging in. Mark sat down and looked through another magazine. “Dude… this is actually eatable…”

“Thanks… I think it runs in the family …” Mark said looking up with a grin.

Once Travis finished his small breakfast, they decided to go to the living room and play some video games to kill time.

“Do you think Cam actually made it to the house?” Travis asked as he scored.

“I have no idea.” Mark said pausing the game to look at the phones. “Haven’t got any missed calls. And neither did you. And she didn’t come back in tears. So I guess she might have actually made it!”

“She is one tough cookie.” Travis laughed. Mark rolled his eyes and tackled Travis’ player.

“In your face!” he chuckled. Travis just rolled his eyes and scored. “Fuck!”

“I’m the master at this game Mark.” Travis laughed chucking the remote at him.

“Hahaha.” Mark said fake laughing. He turned off the console and flicked through the channels.

Travis was sitting there, watching TV with a blank expression. He tried to concentrate on the show that was one but he actually found that very hard to do. His mind kept wondering of to Cameron. He wondered if she actually made it, and also about the consequence if she didn’t… There was a possibility that Jason’s parents would hold a grudge against her and then the court session would take a whole different turn. It was either that or they help her out. Or they could also just ignore the entire thing, trying to get over the past.

Travis’ head was buzzing with thoughts, to the point that he got a massive head ache. He rubbed his forehead and leaned back in the couch closing his eyes. He was just about to fall asleep when one of the phones went off. Mark was quicker than he was so he answered it. It was a short conversation about Cam so Travis guessed it wasn’t Cam herself calling for backup. Mark put the phone down after about five minutes.

“Who was it?” Travis asked opening his eyes, and lifting his head up a little.

“Mom and Dad. They want to know what Cameron is up to and how she is feeling.” Mark informed him turning his attention back to the TV. “They didn’t believe it either.”

“Believe what?”

“That Cam would actually go to the Anders” Mark said. “Well Dad does. Mom doesn’t. They actually have a bet on it. Whoever looses cooks dinner tonight.”

“Ha…” Travis chuckled, leaning his head back to its previous position. “I think she talked to them…”

“Same. There would have definitely been at least one call…” Mark said looking at the phones again. “Maybe she called Jolene or Chad. I’ll call them.”

With that Mark started to call everyone, using the home phone. Travis just lay there listening to Mark talk on the phone, before he actually fell asleep.