Status: Completed.

Savin' Me.

SX.

Travis was sitting in the living room waiting for Cameron to come and start to practice. He was actually looking forward to their session thing. For one, he was interested on what she was actually capable of and for second, he was glad to be having a break from practice. He and Jim discussed that when he is done for the day with Cameron, or when he decides to go practice, Jim will take over and help her out with the frontflip.

Travis grinned seeing Cameron emerge from the basements. She twirled in front of him.

“How do I look?” she asked with a grin.

“Like Iron Man.” he joked with a laugh.

“Iron Woman! Imma a girl you know” she said with a soft chuckle. “Now… let’s get dirty!” Cameron said happily putting the helmet on.
“Come on Iron Woman.” Travis said getting up and leading the way out. “We all got you a gift.”

“No!” Cameron said a bit annoyed. She hated people getting her things even for her birthday and things, so when people get her a gift for no precise reason she feels even more annoyed. The whole gift giving things makes her feel guilty and all.

Travis just laughed and led the way out towards the shed. Jolene was holding a brand new, black and pink stripped Suzuki RMZ 450 and Andy beside her was holding a RM 250 beside her with the colors switched around (base color pink, stripes are black.)

Cameron’s jaw dropped as she looked at the two bikes. “Those are both mine?!” Travis just nodded at the now ecstatic Cameron beside him. He watched as she ran up to the bikes and took her helmet off examining them from close on. She hugged everyone happily. “Thank you so much! How much did it cost? I’ll pay y’all back.”

Travis smiled at what a good person she was. “No need to pay back.”

“Yes there is need to pay back. I didn’t deserve this.”

“You will when you win that race!” Travis laughed. “The black one is a fourth stroke, so you’ll use it for SX. The pink one is only two strokes so that one is for FX.”

“FX and SX.” Cameron said pointing from bike to bike. “Wait… what? Freestyle and Supercross? I thought I was in for best trick and motocross!!” Cameron said burrowing her eyebrows together. That was new news to her.

“Not when you’re training with me.” Travis laughed evilly. “… Nah. I’d train you for Motocross don’t worry. And FX is the same as best trick… except longer. Knoxville was the one that actually called and changed the whole thing.”

“Remind me to kill that bastard.” Cameron groaned. Fear took over her a bit but she calmed herself thinking that the best people will be around her to help her out. But the fact that she’ll be in supercross means she’ll be competing against Jolene as well! Who knew all along!

“I’m not like others.” Jolene said glancing towards the woods where Sherri was practicing.

“So… let’s get started!” Cameron said swinging her leg over and kick starting the bike. “That’s the furthest my knowledge of the bike goes!” she smiled sheepishly.

“No worries. That’ll be changed soon.” Travis said walking up to her. The bike was so slanted, due to Cameron being so short she had to partially tip the bike fully over so she can stand and hold the bike. “Um… Why don’t you get off the bike and then I can explain easier.” Jolene and the others headed off to do their thing, while Travis stayed to explain everything to her.

Cameron got off the bike and held it while Travis pointed at various parts of it explaining everything to Cameron. “Can you get that over there? Then none of us will have to hold it.”
“This thing?” Cameron asked picking up a metal bike stand. Travis nodded as she walked over to them with it. “Now we lift it on it?” Travis nodded grabbing the bike. Cameron helped him haul it on the stand.

“So… this is the bike.” Travis said patting the seat of the bike. “This is the clutch on the LEFT. Very important if you panic and want to stop. Press this thing down and you’ll slow down and eventually stop.”

“I like the clutch.” Cameron said happily.

“Yes. It also engages and disengages the power in the back wheel. So that’s why if you pull it all in you’ll stop and if you let it loose you’ll be adding speed gradually and you’ll be rolling.” Travis said demonstrating pulling and letting go of the clutch.

“That’s seems simple.”

“Yeah just pull that if you want to stop. You’ll like the one on the right as well. That is the front break. Around seventy percent of your breaking power is in this thing. Be careful with it, because if you’re speeding and you pull this down… well you’ll probably flip yourself and have a bike on top of you, which is not the best feeling in the world… So apply that slowly and evenly along with the back break on the right side of the bike.” Travis warned.

“Thanks for the warning.” Cameron laughed. Travis was actually enjoying this teaching thing a lot. More than he expected. He was really happy Cameron actually listened and seemed to take all his advice.

“Okay. Gear shift. Down on the left side of the bike. It’ll be easy to remember. You need the clutch, which is on the left, with the gear, which is also on the left.” Travis said pointing form the clutch, to the gear on the left side of the bike. Cameron nodded slowly trying to remember everything he said. Travis got on his bike “You can move this thing with your left foot. Up and down.” He continued demonstrating the shifting gears. Then he kick started the bike. One move Cameron already knew. “Hold the clutch and put the bike in first gear and it will move if you start to release the clutch slowly. At the start of the race let go and you’ll fly forward.” Travis said as he drove around Cameron. She nodded following Travis with her gaze. Her eyebrows were burrowed together clearly meaning that she was concentrating. “Okay. Once RPM is full of first gear you let go of the gas, hold the clutch down, switch to second gear and then release the clutch to add some more speed. And that’s how to go on and on.” Travis said demonstrating the switching of gears and riding around Cameron faster and faster. He halted in a frontwheelie.

“That seems simple.” Cameron said rethinking of what he had just explained to her in the last 5 minutes.

“Ha… just try it and then I’ll believe you. Oh… and during the day I’ll pop up to you and ask what is what or how to do various things on a bike. You have to answer. If you don’t then… 50 pushups.” Travis said with a little thinking at the end.

“Fine with me Pastrana, after all… I gotta keep in shape.” Cameron laughed lifting the bike of the stand and swinging her leg over it once again. She kick started it and revved the engine. She smiled and kicked off putting it in first gear. She let go of the clutch and gained speed. Travis’ lips curved up into a smile as he saw her switch gears like a pro. If he wasn’t the one that had been telling her all that, he’d have believed she’s been doing that for all her life. She halted to a stop next to him and got of the bike. “Good?”

“Excellent.” Travis smiled. “Now. Follow me and try to keep up.” Travis got on the bike and sped off. Cameron gawked after him for a bit before jumping on the bike and letting go of the clutch rapidly, jerking forward. She was soon right on Travis’ tail.

He took a sharp right, trying to confuse her, but to his surprise she remained cool, and followed him not falling back a second. He shoved her thumbs up and accelerated a little. Cameron shook her head and pulled out to the left and added all the speed she could over taking Travis’. He stared after her surprised. One thing for sure, he was not going to let her win. He added speed and soon became the first one again. He took a right and was now in the woods at the track, which everyone uses for practice or just for fun.

Travis shook his head and gave out a pathetic laugh as he saw Sherri fall on the exact same dirt pile as yesterday. She still did not take his advice. Sherri stood up on the bike and looked towards Cameron. She rode up to her and stopped, sending a bunch of dirt at her. Travis got a little angry at her attitude towards Cameron. He decided to not say anything and just say it was an accident.

Sherri got off the bike and cocked her head at Cameron.

“So… she is the girl that you have to help?”

“Yes. That’s her.”

“Cameron Peyton” Cameron said politely extending her hand for Sherri to shake. Sherri looked at her hand and then back up at Travis with an are-you-serious look.

“She’s here to practice. She’ll be competing in supercross and freestyle.” Travis said.

“But I’m practicing now.” Sherris said with a duh tone.

“… But this is not your track. She has just the same right as you do to practice here.” Travis snapped back, protecting Cameron. He sensed that this was going to end up in yet another fight. He glanced over at Cameron who had rested her hands on the handle bar and her chin was place on them. Her expression seemed entertained and excited. He turned his gaze back to Sherri.

“The same right?! The same RIGHT?!” she screamed annoyed, lifting a finger up. “Excuse me but I’m your GIRLFRIEND!”

Travis tensed at that word. He hated when this was happening. Cameron sat up straight and watched the on goings with wide eyes. It was either because she got surprised that Sherri was his girlfriend, or it was because she was just enjoying herself a bit too much.

“Sherri. Let us just practice here.” Travis said a finalized tone. “Just go.”

“Fine!” Sherri said frustrated getting on the bike again and speeding off and back to the house. Travis sighed clearly figuring out that he had pissed her off. He knew that tonight would be a long, long night. He turned to Cameron and sighed frustrated.

“Just get on the bike and go around the track.” Travis said frustrated taking a seat on his bike. He leaned on the handle bars watching Cameron go around the track slowly at first. She looked at him as she passed by. He lifted his hand up and a circling motion, indicating her to go faster. She nodded and stood up on the bike taking up a bunch of gears. She sped around the track but slowed down whenever the jump Sherri fell on came up.

Travis got a little frustrated and motioned her to come over. She stopped in front of him and was about to say something but he cut her off. “Don’t slow down! Just take the freaking jump!” he yelled at her. Cameron was taken aback. Taking her helmet of, she placed it on the handle bars and looked at Travis.

“Well. Just because you’re mad at you girlfriend doesn’t mean you have to take it out on me.” she said calmly. “Talk to her and don’t take your anger out on others.”

“I’m sorry. Just… really frustrated.”

“It’s alright. I understand. I’ll try to not slow down.” Cameron said.

“I’m sorry Cam.” Travis said again as she pulled her helmet and goggles on again. She just shook her head saying she didn’t mind. She got on the bike again and headed for the track. Travis watched as she gained speed on her second lap. He flinched when he saw that she did the same mistake as Sherri. She leaned forward to much and fell off the bike. He ran up to her and pulled the bike off her. “Cam!” he said pulling her helmet off. She was smiling at him widely. “You okay?” he asked helping her up.

“Fine.” she said leaning down and pressing her ankles.

“Broken?” Travis asked a little worried.

“Nope. Boots do work.” Cameron laughed happily. Travis got her bike and pushed it up to her.

“You’re leaning forward too much. That’s what Sherri does, but she doesn’t listen to me. Pull your body weight back and balance yourself but don’t slow down.” Travis said handing her helmet back. Cameron smiled and nodded pulling her helmet on and swinging her leg over the bike she sped off again.

Travis watched nervously as she hit the dirt bump, but he cheered when she regained control off the wobbly bike under her. She stood up and gave him a rock on hand sign. He smiled and shoved her thumb up. He watched her go around the track a few times not crashing and becoming more confident.

He decided to leave and start to practice his own trick now. He called her over. “I’m gonna leave you here alone. If Sherri come’s back just continue riding. Try to go faster and faster. Practice switching and all.” He said.

“I will. And thanks.” Cameron said gratefully turning around and speeding off. He smiled and watched her for another minute before walked back to the foampit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please thank you :]