Status: Completed.

Savin' Me.

Bumper Carts!

Cam walked of the plane and into the airport beside Travis, at the head of the group. The two of them spent the plane ride by playing tag. The goal was actually to get the air hostess to go mad. But the two of them did better than that. They got into the cockpit somehow and then the pilots were just thrilled to see them.

When the rest of the crew woke up then they just took pictures and played scrabble on their iPhones. Cam joined either Greg or Travis. It was entertaining watching Travis play. He made up the funniest and cutest words. Cam’s favorite one was definitely the Mhm, which according to Travis, could either mean that something tastes good or something feels really good.

The group moved through the airport slowly. Cam didn’t know if it was because if that was because the security was tougher or if the paparazzi and the fans that demanded autographs swarmed them.

Greg got a cart and rolled it up beside Cameron, when they arrived at the luggage pickup area. Cam and Greg hauled their bags upon the cart. Cameron put her hands on her hips and looked down at the bags with a thinking expression on her face.

Greg raised an eyebrow at her. He didn’t even know her for a full week, but that expression was infamous with Cam. Greg grinned and leaned on the cart.

“What’s up in your head now?”

“Two words. Bumper carts!” Cam said jumping on top of the luggage. She got her camera out and put the mode on video. She looked at a fan standing next to her. “Hey! Can you please film whatever happens? Thank you!” Greg laughed and picked his victim; Travis. He turned the cart and started to push it towards Travis with an amazing speed. Cameron got ready for the impact. She lunged off the cart before it could hit his and she landed on Travis, knocking him over onto his luggage. Travis laughed and then looked down at the person that knocked him over.

“Oh it is on!” Travis said getting up and then smiling down at Cameron. She hopped on to the cart again and Greg rolled her off to the other end of the airport, while Andy rolled Travis down to the opposite side. Andy and Greg started running. Travis jumped off to the side, while Cameron jumped over the cart and Andy who was ducking down. She landed on a railing that her calculations missed.

Travis was laughing but when she saw that Cameron didn’t stand up, panic took over. Everyone rushed over to her and helped her up. She was clutching her shoulder in pain.She pulled the unbuttoned shirt off.Travis could tell she dislocated it.

“Its dislocated.” Travis said still panicky.

“And fractured.” Cameron groaned. “Well my wrist definitely is.” she said with a small laugh. Travis looked down at her wrist. It did look… unusual.

“I can pop the shoulder back in place.” Travis offered. “Sit down.”

“I hate this method.” Cameron said as Greg grabbed her arm. Travis put his foot on Cam’s shoulder and started to push, while Greg pulled her arm back. Her face was scrunched up as she felt the bone pop back into place. “Thanks.” she said moving her shoulders around.

“Welcome.” Travis said looking at her wrist now. He highly doubted she would compete in her events tomorrow. “Let’s get you to the hospital. We’ll meet everyone back at the hotel.”

Everyone gave Cameron a sorry look, thinking the same as Travis. They rolled the luggage’s out and loaded the already waiting taxi’s up with them. Cameron and Travis watched them leave and got into the next empty cab. Travis told them where to go and then leaned back into the seat with a disappointed look on his face. Cam raised an eyebrow at him.

“You think I’m not going to compete?”

“I don’t think that I know that.” Travis said looking at Cameron with a sad look. “I mean look at Jolene.”

“Hell no Travis. I am NOT going to let anybody down! I don’t care what the doc says as long as he’ll clean me up I’m good to roll!”

“You’ll not let anyone down! I think they’d be more worried about your health than a stupid event!” Travis continued to protest. He was not going to lose this argument.

“It’s just a fracture!” Cam said lifting her already swollen wrist up.

“Nope.”

“Pleaseeee” Cam pouted getting desperate. “This is what I really want… I worked my ass off for this. And so did everyone else. I do not want to disappoint.” She said putting on her apparently irresistible puppy face.

“Oh man.” Travis groaned. “And they complain I take it too far.”

“Of course you do!” Cameron said as she realized she had won.

“Uh, yeah.” Travis said giving Cameron a so-do-you look. “You’re one crazy girl.”

“Of course I am!” Cam laughed poking her wrist and wincing a little. “I’m the one that thinks rally is a roll caged motocross.”

“It is! You can flip those things over and over and over again, you land on their wheels you just keep on going!” Travis said with enthusiastic hand motions. Cam laughed.

“The cars aren’t for flipping … I’m not smart with Rally … but even I know you don’t get points for flipping a car.”

“True…” Travis said.

They talked about random things for the rest of the trip to the hospital. Once there, the doctor fixed Cameron’s wrist up quickly. He took a last look at the bandage he put around her wrist along with light purple soft cast to go over it.

( Not sure if I explained right. But try and imagine a material cast not a like … gips … the hard white stuff thing. )

“Ms Peyton. You’ll be able to compete although I don’t advise it. Here are the painkillers, you should take if it is too pain full. But make sure you don’t take more than one due to your past and your addiction.”

“Right doc. Thank you!” Cam said hopping of the bed happily and walking out the room, Travis behind her.

“Let’s get to the hotel.” Travis said leading the way out. He got a cab quickly and let Cameron slide in first. He hopped in next to her and closed the door. “Are you excited?”

“A bit scared now actually.” Cam sighed. “I just remembered the footage you showed me of some of the SX events … the crashes are definitely not nice.”

“Aw, come on you got this!”

“What happened to not competing and health being more important?” Cam laughed. Travis shrugged.

“I can’t stop you. So I decided to support you. It’ll be fun and I think you still have a shot at winning!”

“But you said I got this. You said that to Knoxville and looked what happened to his dick!” Cameron joked as she burst out laughing along with Travis. That was one painful event but when Knoxville showed Travis what he has done to him, and then nearly pissing on him was definitely a memory etched into their brain.

“The bastard nearly pissed on me.” Travis said opening the door and closing it behind Cameron. He led the way into the hotel.

“Pastrana… you talk about the devil… and it appears.” Cameron said looking at Knoxville. He and the Jackass crew along with Bam and his friends were all waiting in the lobby. When they saw Cameron, they ran up to her and picked her up. Travis laughed at the situation and watched as the crazy people put her down. When Cameron set foot on the ground again she smiled at her friends. “You all made it!”

“Course we did! Now that you broke your wrist we need the money!” Knoxville said.

“Naw. Well yeah, but besides that we wanted to cheer Jackass Girl on!” Pontius laughed. “We made you banners. And we all got t-shirts!” Pontius said cocking his head back at a group of other men. Cameron squinted a little and smiled noticing who it was. Chad and Mike Kroeger, Mike Peake and Daniele Adair were all standing in the back of the group, supporting some hot pink t-shirt that had ‘I <3 Cam Peyton’ on the front and on the back it had, ‘Don’t do drugs BITCHES!’ Cameron laughed at the t-shirts. The ‘Don’t do drugs BITCHES!’ was a quote that left her lips quiet frequently. Cam hugged the members of Nickelback.

“You got yourself inked already?” Chad asked. She grinned and lifted the back of her shirt up showing him her tattoo collection. He smiled leaning closer and examining the lyrics of their songs. “Nice.”

“Well thank you! And thank you for coming to watch me race here! I’d like y’all to meet the infamous Travis Pastrana, the dude that helped me train.”

They all shook hands and swapped nice-to-meet-you quotes. They all talked a little but soon all retired to their hotel room. Jackass/Viva la Bam people decided to go out and get drunk leaving the Nickelback guys to finish of the rest of the posters and banners for Cam. Cameron was positive she’ll have the big a very very very big fan club out there.

“That’s your room. I hope you don’t mind sharing with Special. All the others were taken.” Travis yawned looking at Cameron. She shrugged.

“I don’t mind at all… Greg and I will destroy you all.”

“Just the answer I anticipated.” Travis laughed going inside the room he shared with Sherri. A pang of jealousy hit Cam. But only for a few seconds, for the door opened and Greg’s smiling face appeared.

Everyone had to share a room. Since Andy called dibs on the biggest room he had to share with Jim, Tommy and Erik, while Jolene was with her boyfriend, Ryan. So that left Greg and Cameron. She was happy that she got Greg to share with. He was definitely cool and they’d probably have a lot of fun annoying the others.

“Hey Special!” Cam greeted him a bit down.

“Cam! I already got the stuff in.” He said opening the door a little wider and letting Cam walk in.

“Thanks!” she said gratefully looking at the enormous amount of her luggage in the end of the room.

“Don’t mention it. Which bed do you want to sleep on?” he asked sitting down on the couch.

“Um … ” Cameron eyes the beds that looked exactly the same. “I’ll take the one next to the window if that’s okay.”

“Fine with me.” Greg answered putting her bags in front of the bed.

“Thanks Greg! You helped a lot!” Cameron said hugging him gratefully. Greg grinned and plopped down on his bed turning the small TV on. Cam smiled and walked inside the bathroom taking a quick shower.

Not bothered to pull any PJs on, she slipped the bathrobe over her underwear and tied it walking out to the room again. Greg was parading around in underwear. Cameron laughed at the small pigs on them. He smiled and shrugged grabbing a red bull from the fridge.

“Want one?” Greg asked. Cameron nodded positively and caught the bottle he chucked at her. “Let’s go over to TP’s … ” Greg suggested out of the blue.

“Let’s go.” Cam said bursting with excitement. Greg laughed and led the way across the hallway, to the room Travis and Sherri shared. He stepped inside without knocking. Everyone was already inside talking about tomorrow. Jolene smiled seeing Cam. She quickly hopped up and walked off into the kitchen. Cam raised an eyebrow confused. “Why do you all have ‘em smug grins on your faces?” she asked cautiously. “Guys…” she whined as their grin got bigger, if that is possible. Jolene walked back in with a huge box in her hand. It had a bow tied around it scrappily. Cam groaned seeing Travis get up and raising his red bull high in the air.

“I’d like to make a toast! To the day that Cam got clean!”

“That sounded weird Pastrana.” Cameron laughed.

“I didn’t mean it like that!” he said taking a sip from his red bull. Cam shook her head and laughed.

“You do know you’ll all get something.” she said.

“Just shut up and open my gift! The others helped me choose it! And Jim decided on the color of the box.” Travis explained pointing at the light purple colored box.

“It matches your cast. Travis said you’re still going to race tomorrow.” Jolene said a bit of worry in her voice.

“Joe… don’t put the tone in your voice. Of course I’m going to race!” Cam laughed walking over to the box. She opened it and dropped her empty red bull bottle. Her jaw dropped down to the floor in awe. She lifted up the brand new gear from the box. It was all matching and professional looking. Cameron got tears in her eyes as she looked at the back of the shirt she’ll be competing in. It had ‘PEYTON’ on it above the number she’ll be racing under, which was 4. “I was born on the fourth of January!” she squealed happily hugging everyone.

“Exactly why I decided on that.” Travis laughed hugging Cameron. “I hope you like it.”

“Like it?! LIKE IT?! I freaking love it!!!” she practically screamed. “I’m so grateful guys!” she said wiping a tear away.

“Aw. Don’t cry!” Greg said joining the group hug. “Get over it and be happy.”

“Jeez… so down to earth it is annoying.” Cameron laughed at Greg kissing him on the cheek.

Travis thought he saw wrong. He got a totally different idea. Cam not minding to share a room with Greg, being all lovey-dovey with him, snuggling up to him when watching a horror film and always hanging with him. All the pieces have come together, and he couldn’t admit that he was jealous. Jealous that it wasn’t him that Cameron did those things too.

She talked to the others for hours. Travis decided to interrupt the things and pulled her away from the crowd. The subject of her and Travis’ conversation was mainly about the events coming up tomorrow and some last minute advice. Cameron couldn’t feel more uncomfortable, due to Sherri’s glares and Travis. He was acting weird almost as if he was angry with her. It was pissing her off.

“That was not the only thing behind your gift you know.” Travis said quietly so no one would hear.

“What?”

“I’m glad you calmed Jolene down…” Travis said looking at Jolene laughing. “As in … getting her not to kill Sherri.”

“I didn’t even talk to her about it.” Cameron laughed. Travis was just plain confused about this now. “Personal experience. I knew she was thinking the same thing I was.”

“What?”

“I knew she wants the best for you, just like I do. We want you to be happy! And if that means letting Sherri live … we’ll control ourselves.” Cam laughed. Travis burrowed his eyebrows together. Now the jealousy was overtaken by anger. He couldn’t believe she didn’t like Sherri.

“So you don’t like her?” he asked.

“I don’t judge her.”

“It seems like you do.” Travis was getting angrier and Cameron sensed that.

“Trav … I didn’t mean it that way!” Cameron said desperately. “She’s not been that nice to me … so I avoid her. And I mean if she gets all bitchy in my face I have the right to fight back!”

“She has been nothing but nice to you!”

“How would you know that damn it!” Cameron said loudly. Everyone else stopped talking. “She’s been evil to me ever since I entered your house!”

“You know what? Just get over the race and leave.” Travis said. Cameron felt the tears coming. She got up and looked at everyone and then left the room back to her one. She walked straight out to the balcony and let the tears out. It was pouring. She was heartbroken. Travis was definitely her dream guy and all and his actions totally broke her. She was weeping loudly when she heard the door close.

Greg came inside a frown on his face. He had just argued with his cousin. His actions were definitely out of order. It wasn’t Cameron’s fault. Travis was the one that started the conversation, and Cameron only told him her opinion. He couldn’t even be mad at her for repeating it for the hundredth time in front of him due to Cameron NEVER complaining about his girlfriend, that everyone hated and all. Greg put down her box and walked over to Cam.

He hugged her tightly and she cried on his shoulders. It hurt him that his cousin could put someone in a situation like this.

“Calm down Cam. He’s just angry…” Greg said trying to calm her down. He kissed the top of her head. “I think you should go to bed now.”

“Yeah.” she sobbed. Greg led her inside and tucked her in.

“Just… shit on him. Don’t care what he says.” he said kissing her head again. He looked at her like a sister. They were really close after only a week.

“Thanks Greg.” Cam said pulling the cover up to her eyes and wiping her tears off. Greg smiled and got in his bed turning the TV on and putting the volume down. Cam closed her eyes and fell asleep quickly…