She Lived with No Other Thought

Chapter 9

I stood there with my thudding against my chest.

What does he want?

I thought to myself.

"Okay so I've asked this to my friends and they like it but. What do you think of the line 'oh how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying'?" he questioned. My heart slowed down. I just stared at him a little confused and bit relieved. I shook my head and kept walking.

"It's fine," I replied walking away.

We walked to the drama room in complete silence.

"So, how's life for you?" He questioned once we reached the doors.

"Life sucks as always," I replied walking through the doors as he followed.

"I'm in a band...if you didn't know," he replied back.

"Thats nice," I replied in a not caring tone.

"We have a show this weekend. Maybe you should come out and escape from this sucky life as you like to say," he replied walking over to the table with the fabrics on it.

"Wow, I'd go if I actually wanted to," I replied back. He stopped and looked at me "What?" I questioned.

"Why are you acting like this...You never were like this before." he replied in an irritated tone.

"Like what?" I questioned as if I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Acting like a bitch," he replied looking at me.

"I act how I feel like it," I replied back crossing my arms.

"Your acting like someone else. Your not the same girl I used to see in the halls with a smile on her face, Jumping up and down laughing with her friends." he answered back.

I laughed a little "oh your right, I'm not the girl I used to be. That girl nearly died in a car accident," I replied again shifting through the fabric quickly and pulling out the purple sleeves. "Oh and another thing. That girl lost her mom cause of some punk who was to fucking lazy to get a job and his own car! Now I'm sorry that I can't be this happy go lucky little girl that you use to know," I half yelled back and walked away.

"The happy go lucky girl I used to like," he replied back "Yea I'm sorry you can't be like that anymore. To me it just seems like your holding onto the past. Wake up sugar...the present and future is what matters." he replied staring me down and walking past me back to the classroom. I just stood there trying to figure out if I heard him right.

"The happy go lucky girl I used to like," am I blowing this out of proportion. Did he used to like me?