Status: Finished!

On a Lonely Night

Chapter 3.

I was “greeted” at baggage claim by my cousin, John O, Jess and John G.

“Where the hell were you?!” My cousin exclaimed, hugging me tightly to him.
I coughed into his chest, barely being able to breathe.
He let me go and I was about to speak but then John O swallowed me up tighter than Josh had.

“Miri, you fucking scared me,” John whispered into my ear before kissing my cheek softly.
I pushed him away lightly, coughing for air, “I’m sorry guys there was just something I had to do.”
“In Ohio? You haven’t been to Ohio in over four years!” Josh exclaimed again, still not calm enough.
I nodded, “That’s exactly why I had to go. It’s a long story but I can explain it in the car?”
Jess nodded, “Come on,” She grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the white van in the parking lot and shoving me in before her.

“So explain,” John Go said once everyone had settled in and we had started driving.

I took a deep breath, “I lived in Ohio since I was born, right? Well the summer before I moved here…” I tried to find the right words, “I met a boy who was visiting my neighbors next door, his uncle. We hung out literally 24/7 and I guess we had sort of a thing…I don’t even know. He never asked me to be his girlfriend but the night before he left he told me he loved me and we did stuff together…I hadn’t seen him in four years, until yesterday,” I didn’t want to mention the name.

They were silent for a bit, then John O, sitting beside me, spoke up, “So…That Nick Santino being in Ohio reminded you of that guy?”
I sucked in a gulp of air, “S-something like that.”
“So he was your first time?” Josh asked, somewhat protectively, staring at me through the rear view mirror.
I didn’t want to answer.

John O spoke suddenly, “So I wasn’t,” He shut him self up real quick and I squeezed his hand really tight for emphasis.
No one else knew that we had a little thing going on except us and well, Andrew Cook now. We wanted it to stay like this.

“Wasn’t what?” Jess persisted.
I turned to Jess and answered, “Wasn’t the last one I’d told.”
The rest of them exchanged glances while John O and I sat, straight-faced.

Suddenly, they all busted out laughing.
I gave them weird looks, “What’s so funny?”
Jess laughed loudest, “You guys are totally fucking.”

John and I gaped at each other, shocked.
“It’s so obvious,” John Go said breathily through his laughs.
John O and I didn’t respond to their comments.

“So who’s this guy?” John O asked once the laughter had died down.
I sighed, “You, you wouldn’t know him…” I sounded uncertain, like I was asking a question.
“I obviously do,” John scoffed, “Tell us what happened.”

I told them how my trip went, purposely leaving out the name ‘Nick Santino’ and John seemed to forget about it. Until he got a new message...


I didn’t think that Nick would possibly message John. I knew that Nick knew I knew John…I didn’t consider it an option for him to ask John where I was.

“Nick Santino? You did know him??” John was flabbergasted.
I opened my mouth to say something, anything, but nothing came out and John spoke again.
“You lost your virginity to that ginger loser??” I smacked John’s arm.

“Nick wasn’t a redhead when I knew him and he's not a loser,” I pouted.
John sighed, “I’m sorry baby,” He kissed my cheek, “I feel like I have something to lose to this guy, even though we aren’t together,” John motioned between the two of us.
I sighed in reply, “Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere, even if we aren’t together.”

John kissed me on my lips, softly and sweetly.
He pulled away from me slowly, resting his forehead against mine. I studied his face, every pore and hair. His eyes gained my focus longest. The green and blue specks seemed to dance around his eyes. The color was so perfect and could not simply be explained with words.

I pressed my lips to his again, just as soft as John had before, but this time, he didn’t let me escape.

He lied me down on his bed and supported himself over me.

We decided against going further than making out tonight, we just weren’t up to it.

“Night Miri,” John whispered through the darkness as we lay in his bed, his arms around my waist.
“Night John,” I replied, picking up one of his hands to kiss it quickly.
His lips caressed my neck, “I love you.”
“I love you too,” I said without any thought.

I didn’t love John like that. I loved what he did for me. He made me forget Nick and he was a great friend other than that, so why not love him? Why love Nick and not him? There were obviously some things I needed to figure out.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKOKOK It's reeeally short, I am aware.

I'll post longer chapters when I get more comments/subscribers ;)

But I love the kids that DO comment <3 thank you ALL so much!