Perfect Beauty

Before : An Introduction

The room looked pretty. The leadership class was finally finished and we were proud of our work. There was three big paper calendars taped to the south side wall. The first was decorated with pumpkins and black cats and various other cut-outs of Halloween like things. The next had snowmen and snowflake decorating the top. There was snow drawn into the bottom with white chalk. Finally was a heart covered Valentine Spirit Week poster. They we covered in idea’s Anaya had written down while I posted the little decoration on the sides and others moved the furniture around.

Miss. Martin’s desk was cleaned up and in her own corner by the door she was often rushing out of to get to some kind of meeting she was late for. The couches were arranged to form a circle were we could have our meetings. The tables and shelves at the back stored the art supplies and the supplies for everything we did. Everything was perfect. We were so proud of the one thing we had taken and made pretty. Beautiful almost; because that is what we strive for these days right? The pretty girls got the guy, the pretty animals got adopted, the pretty singers got awards and the pretty flowers got picked.

Did the ugly girl ever get a chance to be pretty? And would it be all that she imagined it to be?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just the beginning. Please subscribe and comment. I promise it's worth it.