Status: Finished. Thanks everybody!

Knock You Off Your Feet

10

We were on his bed again, except this time, I was laying normally, while Shaun was lying on his back with his head over the edge of the mattress, changing channels on the TV.

“You look ridiculous, you know,” I commented as he flicked over to vh1.

“Your face looks ridiculous.”

“Oh, such a clever comeback.”

The Haiti telethon was on again, and I was riveted by the people doing what they could to help. Stats were thrown at me about amounts raised and I was stunned. People could really be generous when they wanted to.

“I wanna do something to help Haiti.”

“What?” Shaun looked up at me.

“I wanna do something to help Haiti,” I repeated. “Y’know, like these guys did.”

“Well, what do you suggest we do?”

“I don’t know… charity benefit competition… maybe, since you’re so into that karaoke thing, we could do a song.”

“A song.” His tone was skeptical.

“Yeah, like, cover something. All of the snowboarders from the US and Canada. We could release it on iTunes and all the profits would go to help Haiti.”

“That’s actually not a bad idea, Squirrel.” He sat up properly. “Who exactly would we go to?”

“I dunno, our coaches? Head of the IOC?”

“I’m emailing my coach if you email yours.”

“Deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda filler-ish, but it's still okay. Displays a lot of the dynamic between the two.
Diagnosis on my old laptop: completely dead. Luckily, they will be able to remove the hard drive and put it into an enclosure, allowing me to use it like a gigantic flash drive. Therefore, Shaun is safe. :) I even wrote another chapter today, from the middle of the story.
Tomorrow's update will be really long. If I get oodles of comments before the France/Italy trip meeting at my school tonight, you may get another update.
The numbers for this story keep rising, and you don't know how much I love all the success. This is my first story that's been so huge, and I'm so happy with that. Love you guys!