Status: Finished. Thanks everybody!

Knock You Off Your Feet

05

The Olympic theme was playing over the loudspeakers as we carried our gear through the village. I looked towards Shaun. “So are we gonna carry this stuff around all day or what?” I shook my board at him.

“We can drop it off in my room if you want. It’s just over there.” He pointed to the closest building for the athletes and I nodded.

His room was slightly messy for being here for a day, but it wasn’t outrageously appalling. The bed wasn’t made yet; his suitcases lay open on the floor, clothes spilling out. There was a pair of boxers near the foot of his bed I pretended not to notice.

“Well, uh, just… Put them over here.” He walked over to the far wall and cleared off some space on the floor, setting his board up against the wall and placing his helmet behind it. I did the same and he brushed his hands off. “Okay, well, now we can get started.”

“Where’re we going, exactly? You never did clarify.” I crossed my arms and shifted my weight to my right foot.

“Lunch first, perhaps? There’s a great little restaurant down the road that we can hit up.” He began shrugging out of his ski jacket. “After that, there’s probably something around here. Like I said, there’s a karaoke machine somewhere. I’m sure Scotty’ll know where it is.” He chuckled to himself as he went to one of his open suitcases and pulled out a Burton hoodie. “You need something?”

I looked down at my outfit and nodded quickly – my jacket would give me away at any public place, and I didn’t want people attacking me. I watched Shaun rummage through the clothes that had once been neatly folded and pull out a plain, dark turquoise hoodie.

“It’s kind of old, but it’s really comfortable.”

I placed my jacket with his. “Thanks.” Slipping my arms into the sleeves, I noticed how wonderful it smelled – like one of those big chain stores directed at young adults. I tried to disguise my deep breaths as I zipped it up. “We ready?”

“Yeah, sure, after you.” He opened his door and motioned with one arm for me to leave. I smiled at him as I passed and waited for him to come along, all the while trying to hide the excitement and butterflies that had taken over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
I have 21 chapters written. This is chapter 5.
I think I'm set for a while. xD
So I'm loving writing this. And I'm loving the 126 readers and 35 subscribers. Those numbers shock me. Thanks for reading/subscribing, people.
I'm gonna whore another story, this time about Louie Vito: It Never Took A Lot to Make This Hard by westcoastwinter. You guys should go read this. :)
Comments? Suggestions?