Status: Finished. Thanks everybody!

Knock You Off Your Feet

07

I shifted on the mattress, trying to find a more comfortable position. We were on the bed in his room, and I was sprawling to try and find some arrangement that didn’t make my back burn. He was sitting Indian-style, leaning back against the headboard and the wall.

“Why are you being difficult?” he asked, a slight smile in his voice, as he watched me contort my body into less and less comfortable positions.

“Because, that friggin’ headboard kills my back.” I twisted again. “Oh, crap, nope, that’s not it,” I muttered as a shooting pain went down my spine.

“How about you lean something against the headboard?” He smacked his hand on a pillow. “Like a pillow?”

“Doesn’t do much for me. Plus, these pillows are kinda thin.” I sat up, frustrated with myself. C’mon, Burgess, you do this with such ease at home. What’s up now?

“C’mere.” Shaun adjusted his position and stretched his arms out, waving me into his grasp with his hands. I just stared at him with wide eyes.

“Seriously, Squirrel. I wanna watch the freakin’ movie, and I can’t do that with you flopping around like a fish out of water. Come on.”

I sat myself between his legs and leaned back onto him. His arms secured themselves around my neck and kept me out of his line of sight. I took a deep breath and settled in, trying to focus on the screen. The movie was something about a Jamaican bobsled team, and while I was interested, I was distracted by the fact that I was practically sitting on top of Shaun White.

My Blackberry buzzed in my pocket and I grabbed it, looking at the new text from Dominique.

hey, where are you? you went awol after your run today.

I typed back as quick as I could, but not before getting shushed, unnecessarily, by Shaun.

hangin with shaun. Went to lunch and we’re watchin a movie atm. how’s things with alex? ;)

I sent it and turned my attention back to the screen. Some guy with dreadlocks was proclaiming, “Kiss the lucky egg, mon!” I smiled.

Shaun’s rhythmic breathing moved me slightly as his chest went up and down. It reminded me of my grandfather’s old rocking chair, and I closed my eyes as I brought up the warm memory.

Next thing you know, I was sound asleep in Shaun’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
The movie they're watching is Cool Runnings! :D I love that movie. If you haven't seen it... I pity you, because it's seriously the best movie EVER.
This is the only update for today, since I had school and stuff and I have tons of homework. :P
But, if you guys could comment and tell me how you think Shaun is gonna react/how he should react, I'd adore it.
46 subscribers? Whoa! :O
Do you know how much I'd love a comment from everybody?
If not, I don't care. Silent readers still rock. :)