Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

Chapter 10

~A few weeks later~

We had just finished celebrating Mikey's fifteenth birthday over a weekend, and then it was time to return to school. I couldn't find anyone the next school day. I found Frank at lunch, but tension was still high between us. I said screw it and went up to him.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Mikey wasn't feeling well, so Gerard stayed home with him. Everyone else got food poisoning from the party."

"Oh." I took a seat.

I stared at the ground for a moment, then I looked at Frank. He was eating his
lunch in silence. I was thinking. I decided now was a good chance. I had to try and patch things up between us. I'm never good at these things. I took a deep breath.

"Frank, why don't you like me? Why are you so negative when I'm around?" I asked.

"I dunno."

"There has to be a reason."

"It's just me I guess."

I sighed. "Whatever." I got up and started walking away, until I was stopped by Jessica and her sidekicks.

"So, are you still up for the squad?" she asked.

"Do I look like a retard?" I asked.

"I think we should leave her to hang with the clan."

"Yeah, and the future jail bitches, especially him," Erin pointed at Frank as he walked by us.

"And what the hell did Frank do to you?" I asked.

"He goes to our school. That's enough."

"I don't believe you. Making fun of people you haven't talked to. He's a nice guy, he's good to his friends, and he has a hell of a lot more talent than you sure do."

"Oh, what? Car-jacking? Robbery?"

"Hey, they require more than cheerleading," I snickered.

"Oh, how dare you say that. You can forget about being on the squad."

"Oh darn, and I really wanted to be a tard," I said sarcastically.

"Too late. Go back to the clan."

"Ok, Jessica. Buh-bye." I walked away, trying to gain back the ten IQ points I lost
while talking to them.

I went to my last two classes then headed home, first stopping at the Way house to see Gerard. I found him in Mikey's room, laying by him, watching T.V.

"Hey," Gerard said in a whisper, making a motion to say Mikey was asleep.

He got up and led me to his room.

"He felt terrible this morning."

"So did everyone else. Frank was the only other at school today. He said everyone else had food poisoning from the party."

"I thought that pizza tasted funny. I didn't get sick though."

"Mikey got it though?"

"I...yeah. He hasn't thrown up at all though. He was sleeping most of the day."

"Huh, well, I'm gonna go for a shower and change clothes. Want me to come back?"

"If you want to. You look tired though."

"Duh, I was at school," I said, nudging him.

"I'll stop by later when my mom gets home. How about that?"

"Ok. See ya." I tip-toed to give him a peck then I left.

I headed home and took a shower. I threw on a pair of sweat pants, a t-shirt, and a hoodie. Then I went to get something to eat, and saw the calendar. My doctor's appointment was tomorrow and I almost forgot. I grunted and flopped on the couch, and flipped on the T.V. That was what I did the rest of the night. Later on I went up to my room when my mom went to bed. I went online, mainly to do some research, but I ended up talking to random people, until I changed my status to invisible. I was in the middle of learning about pregnancy when an I.M window popped up.