Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

Chapter 14

"Chelsea?" I whispered to myself as I slinked around the corner and took a step.

I took another step, which resulted in a loud clang. I had kicked a can. The girl gasped and the guy turned towards me. He moved and she fell, limp.

"Chelsea!" I shouted.

I was about to run to her, but the guy came at me. I recognized him.

"Mikey!? What the hell!?"

"What?"

"What did you do to her?"

"She was hurt. I was helping her."

"You liar." I turned to run.

"Lisa!" he shouted. "Wait."

I took off, but I heard his footsteps behind me. They stopped after a while. I stopped, spun around, and he was gone. I caught my breath and turned, seeing someone right there. I screamed but they pulled me into their arms and held me. That's when I realized it was Gerard.

"Baby, it's ok. What happened?"

"Mikey! He was attacking Chelsea," I said. "He chased me, but I lost him."

"It's ok, come with me, I see him." He pulled me into an alley with him and we
were quiet.

I finally got my breathing under control, and I sat, holding Gerard's hand tightly.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Do you remember when I explained how vampires existed?"

"Yes, when they turned fifteen."

"Mikey just turned fifteen."

"No."

"The males have it in their blood, and when they change, they attack the ones
they love."

"He isn't." I let go of Gerard's hand and backed away from him.

He stood there with a grin on his face. A grin that told me it was true. I turned to
run, but I ran into someone. Frank. An evil looking Frank. He tried to grab me, but I ducked
and ran back to Gerard. Mikey was by his side now, holding a limp Chelsea.

"Gerard, what's going on?"

"I've been trying to figure it out myself," he said.

"I've said it already. Someone was attacking her. I broke it up," Mikey said.

"You're lying!" I shouted. "I walked by, they were making out, she was fine, then
she wasn't!" I continued to shout as Gerard tried to comfort me. "Then he came after me. And what's with the creepy looking Frank?"

"Lisa, I think everything's fine," Gerard said. "Let's get you home to lie down." He
hugged my trembling body close to his.

"Gerard, he's lying." I looked up to meet his eyes. Something was off though. "No," I said quietly, pushing away from him.

"Lis, what's wrong?"

"What are you not telling me? You know why Mikey attacked Chelsea. You know why Frank is hiding out in the alley."

"Frank's supposed to be with Alex," Gerard said.

"She fell asleep, so I came out for a walk," someone said behind me.

"Frank?" Gerard asked.

"Told you." I looked down at the ground.

I caught sight of Mikey, who was kneeling next to a waking Chelsea. She
mumbled a few things that I couldn't hear. Then she shouted something that proved me right.

"I have fangs!?"

Mikey tried to quiet her down, and Gerard turned from Frank to see what was going on. He must have seen my expression because he was standing in front of me, blocking my view of them.

"Please tell me what's going on," I said quietly.

"I know you know. You just don't want to believe it," he said, putting his hands on
my shoulders. "Remember, we attack and change the ones we love," he whispered.

"'We?' No, I don't want to."

"It isn't bad, I hear. I still have a month till I'm fifteen. I can't wait," Frank said,
coming up behind me and resting on my shoulders.

"I don't want to be dead," I said.

"You live forever though. Don't you want to live forever?"

"Can't I think about it?"

"I just can't trust that you won't tell anyone," Gerard said. "It took this long to tell
Frank."

"I won't."

"I hate to do this against your will, but I have to. You'll pass out after, then your body will make the change."

I looked up at him, and that's when I saw his fangs for the first time. I panicked and went to take off, but Frank held me tightly. I felt Gerard's breath on my neck as I squeezed my eyes shut. I felt something, but I was swallowed up by darkness.