Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

Chapter Fifteen

I awoke with a start and sat up quickly. I was drenched in sweat. I ran my hand through my dampened hair and rubbed my face. Then I remembered. I jumped out of my bed and looked over my body. I still looked the same, and I still felt normal. I went to my computer, which was still on, and signed in. I was shocked to find Gerard online.

Lisa: What are you still doing up?

Gerard: Essay for English. Just finished.

Lisa: Can you meet me on my front porch?

Gerard: Why?

Lisa: I have to ask you something.

Gerard: Ok.

Gerard has signed out.

I snuck downstairs and opened my front door. The cool air felt good on my warm body. I sat, and waited for Gerard. He walked up and took a seat.

"What day is it?" I asked.

"Saturday. Why?"

"What happened yesterday?"

"We went to school, hung out after, then we all split. I went to your house, and
found you sound asleep at the table with your face in a book, so I carried you to your bed."

"No vampires?"

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Lis, did you actually believe me?"

"You lied?"

"I say that to everybody. Why do you think Jessica calls us 'The Clan?'"

"Oh. So my vampire attack was just a dream?"

He laughed and stood up, pulling me with him. We went in my h house and to my room. He turned my light on and blinded me.

"Let's see, no bite marks, no cloudy eyes, no fangs: Yep, just a dream." He ran his fingers through my hair and hugged me. "Judging by the sweat, and the nervous look, it wasn't a pleasant dream."

"Ha-ha." I laughed sarcastically.

"Don't worry, I made that all up. I didn't think it'd get to you."

"I didn't think it would either," I said as I got back into bed. "Staying or going?"

"Staying." He grinned and turned off my light.

He climbed in next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too."