Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

Chapter 19

"Hello?"

"Lis, are you seeing this?" It was Tori.

"The Twin Towers? Yeah, I'm in a building about a mile away."

"What?"

"Tori, I'm here, in New York. I saw everything."

"Oh my God. Lis, are you alright? What are you doing in New York?"

"I'm fine. I'm with Gerard. He was doing something for Cartoon Network. Long
story, but we're fine. You be careful too. There's no telling what's going on?"

"I will, and you better be too. Listen, call Kristen and tell her you're ok, and...tell her I said hi."

"Uhh-oh. What happened?"

"We kind of got in a fight. It was really stupid, but we're not really talking. The only
reason I still see her is because I'm friends with Quinn."

"I'll patch this up, even if I am a thousand miles away. Take care."

I hung up and took a quick glance at the T.V. Nothing new. I sighed and called Kristen.

"Oh my God! Lisa! Are you seeing all of this?"

"Yeah. TV, and live action," I said, walking out back to Gerard.

"What!?"

"I'm in a building with Gerard. We're about a mile away. I'm looking right at it as I
speak. It's insane."

"Lisa! You better be careful."

"I will. Oh, Tori says hi, and I saw you two apologize and be friends again."

"What? You found out?"

"Yes, and you will talk to each other. I have no problem bringing Nick and Quinn
into this."

"Fine. I'll call her. I gotta go. You be careful."

"Yeah, I will. Talk to you...holy shit! It's falling!"

"Oh my God. This is crazy. You better be careful."

"I will. Later."

I hung up and resumed watching the madness. There was only one building left now. No more 'Twin' Towers. I looked up at Gerard. He seemed lost in thought. He was
shaken.

"Baby? You ok?" I asked.

"I don't know if this is what I want. Working in an office building for some
corporate asshole. I want to do my own thing."

"What are you getting at?"

"I wanna get the band back together. I wanna try that again."

"Yeah, but what about Bob and Ray? We barely talk to them anymore. And Frank
is in that other band."

"It'll be m, you, Mikey, and Chelsea then," he said with a chuckle.

"I'm not talented," I said.

"Lis, I gotta do something."

"We will." I wrapped my arm around his waist.

We stood and watched some more. A few moments later, the second tower was gone. The New York sky-line just changed completely. Most of it was covered in dirt and dust at the moment. Gerard and I stayed in that building all day, watching everything. We were pretty much forced to stay in there because we were so close that most of the streets around were covered in debris. I was by the window most of the say, watching the city attempt to calm down. People were calm, but you could see the shock, the disbelief, and the uneasiness in their eyes. From time-to-time, I would hear Gerard humming or singing softly. I only caught a few lines.

"This broken city sky, like butane on my skin, and stolen from my eyes. Hello angel, tell me, where are you. Tell me where we go from here," he sang.

"What are you singing?" I asked.

"Something. The words just came to me."

"We're pretty clear around, so you can start filing out of here to head home," a
voice rang out over the loudspeaker.