Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

Chapter 22

I hung up and got ready for bed. I opened my window to let the cool, late summer air come in. I laid down and went right to sleep. I was surprised I could sleep comfortably since my mom was away on a business trip. I was woken up in the middle of the night by a loud noise. I cursed as I rolled over. I went to check the time, but my clock was gone. I grabbed my cell phone and flipped it open. Two-thirty in the morning. I was starting to go back to sleep when I heard the floorboards in the hallway squeak. I crawled out of bed and grabbed the baseball bat that was next to my nightstand.

“Mom?” I called out. “Gerard?”

I walked to my door and opened it. I slowly walked out into the hallway.

“Mom?”

“Nope,” someone said behind me. “Don’t turn around, just step backwards and
go back to your room. Hand over the bat first. You don’t need it.”

I didn’t say anything, I just stepped back and went back into my room. I felt the presence of someone behind me.

“Change. Get some clothes and shoes on,” he ordered.

I followed his orders and changed as quickly as I could.

“Good. Now, take two steps out of your room and stop.”

I followed again, nervous to say anything. With no warning, he grabbed me roughly by the back of my neck. I pulled out of reflex, but he pushed me, and still had a grip.

“Walk.”

I whimpered as I felt something jab my side. I thought it was Gerard playing a joke on me, but I was still nervous.

“This isn’t funny, Gerard,” I said.

“Who’s Gerard?”

I gulped and started to shake as I went outside. He guided me towards a van
that was in front of my house. I saw the door open, but didn’t see anybody.

“Get in,” the guy said.

“No,” I snapped.

“If you don’t want to die tonight, I suggest you get in. Now!” He practically shoved
me into the van.

The van took off, almost sending me tumbling. The guy grabbed me by the arm roughly to steady me.

“Sit. There,” he said, pointing to a spot behind the driver’s seat.

I sat where he said, and remained still. I felt extremely tense. I didn’t really know what to think. After a few deep breaths, I regained my composure, and also enough courage to speak up.

“What do you want with me?”

“You’ll see. Now, shut up.”

It wasn’t long until we stopped somewhere. The two guys got out, and
exchanged a few words. Then the side door opened.

“Come on,” he said.

I stepped out and felt the familiar grip on the back of my neck.

“What do you want with me?” I asked again.

“You’ll see,” he said. I felt his breath close to my neck. “Why couldn’t you have
been this good the first time? Go on. In.”

From what I saw, it was just a small house. I couldn’t find anything familiar. It
was very dimly lit. The guy led me to a dark room. That’s when the light went on. Standing in the middle of the room was a familiar dark-haired guy. It was a small room. There was only a bed and a chair.

____________________

dun dun dun....