Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

Chapter 34

I awoke to a cool feeling on my forehead. My eyes opened. The room was quiet, except for a few little whimpers. I turned my head and saw Gerard. He was sitting in a chair, holding a yellow bundle. I took the washcloth off.

“Hey you,” I said weakly.

“Hey! How you feeling?”

“Good. How long was I out?”

“Couple hours. They said the exhaustion got to you. You wanna meet your daughter?”

“A girl?”

“Perfectly healthy.”

He handed it over to me. A tiny hand reached out at me. Bright brown eyes looked up at me.

“My mom see her?”

“No. She said she wanted you to see her first. What’s the name?”

“Jordan. Jordan Marie Way.”

“Oohh. I like. It’s pretty.”

“Mr., and Mrs. Way?” A doctor walked in. “How are we feeling?”

“Better,” I said.

“Your friends are here, want them in?”

“Yeah.”

She walked out and a few minutes later, everyone walked in. It was a mixture of everyone talking. Eventually, it died down.

“So…” Frank spoke up. “…we got a call from that
record place that Mikey’s working at. They are really interested in us.”

“Actually…” Mikey broke in. “…they told me, they
wanna sign us.”

“That’s awesome!” I said.

“Mikey! You gotta tell us these things,” Gerard said tousling his hair.

There was more talking and a few hours later, I was released. Gerard and I were laying in my bed, talking.

“I’m really sorry we couldn’t have a real wedding,” he
said.

“Don’t worry about it. You know how I am with dresses.”

“You deserve the wedding of your dreams though.”

“Gerard, the only thing in my dreams is you. You’ve already done enough for me. You saved my life twice, and you’re always there for me.”

The bonds of love have yet to be severed.