Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

Chapter 37

“So, you two dated?” Gerard asked.

“Yeah. I told you.”

We headed home and called up the others to see if they wanted to come. The only ones we couldn’t get a hold of were Ray and Ana. Frank and Alex were happy to come. Mikey and Chelsea were out for dinner, and Bob wanted to stay with flu-ridden Natalie. We rocked out to their music since it was their show we were going to. I had to say I was impressed. Good music. We all hung out after and went to dinner. Alex and I sat back and watched the guys pounding beers.

“Damn, Frank’s not even twenty-one,” Alex said.

“Gerard makes me nervous. He’s been drinking a lot lately. He’s been smoking too.”

“Frank is too. I said I didn’t care as long as he kept it outside.”

“Gerard said he only does it in the studio.”

“I’ve been meaning to tell you. Is Ana ok? I went to say hi, and I heard crashing sounds, and yelling.”

I started laughing. “We give each other intimate advice.”

“Oh. Ok. I’ll have to ask her tomorrow. Frank and I are trying to find some fun.”

“Why not me? I told her about it. Do you know what Stockholm Syndrome is?”

“Yeah. The kidnappee falls in love…” Her eyes got wide, and I grinned.

“And and I trade games.”

“You know how I am with skittles right?”

“Oh-no.” I laughed.

“Frank forgot one night, and he decided to bring a tub of them to our little sexcapades that night. Needless to say we had a lot of cleaning to do. We’re still finding skittles in the couch.”

I was cracking up. “Oh my God.”

“So. Ana’s alright?”

“She should be. There’s some soreness in the morning, but nothing a hot shower can’t fix.”

I felt Jordan grow heavier. She fell asleep. I was getting tired too, and I was the driver.

“She fell asleep, we should go,” I said.

“I’ll go get them.”

She went to get them and pull them from the bar. They were smashed. They stumbled our way, and Gerard got tripped up. I drove home, and they barely made it in the door.

“I guess I’m spending the night.”

“Like you haven’t before?” I laughed.

“Touché.”

“Let me put Jordan to bed, and I’ll come back down.”

I headed upstairs with Jordan in my arms. I tucked her into her bed and headed back. I stopped at the hall bathroom because of the voices. I stood and listened to the conversation between Gerard and Frank.