Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

Chapter 38

“Does she know you’re taking these?”

“No, and I don’t want her to know.”

“Why?”

“I don’t want her to get upset.”

“Why are you taking them anyways? I don’t see how you can get depressed living like this.”

“Just writing, touring, being away from her and Jordan. It hurts
sometimes.” His voice broke up a little. “I worry about her. You were there, the night she was raped. I worry about leaving her alone, and now that people know who we are.”

“There’s an alarm system. We all got them.”

“Alex didn’t nearly get murdered! I have two people I gotta protect.”

“Then don’t go on tour anymore.” He sounded so cold.

“Maybe…”

“No!” I poked my head in.

“Lisa!?” they said in unison.

“Gerard? You can’t. I won’t let you.”

“How much if it did you hear?”

“Do I know you’re on anti-depressants? I found them last week on accident.” I moved to let Frank stumble out. “I’m sorry.”

He sighed, and I hung my head, waiting for his next move. His arms came around me and hugged me.

“I’m sorry.” he said. “I should’ve said something.”

“Will you stop taking them?”

“Yes. I’m kinda glad you caught me. I was starting to think I’d get addicted.”

“No. I don’t want you on drugs. Smoking is ok, drinking I can tolerate, but no drugs.”

“Thanks, baby. I love you.” He kissed the top of my head.

“I love you too.”

“I’m gonna take a shower and I’ll meet you in bed?”

“Kay.”

He hopped in the shower and I walked out. I went downstairs
finding Alex and Frank on the couch, snuggling. I went back upstairs and changed into shorts and a t-shirt. I climbed into bed and flipped on the T.V. I fell asleep halfway through an MTV news report. Gerard woke me up when he climbed in next to me.

“Our new manager’s coming over tomorrow,” he said.

“Kay.” I was half asleep.

I dozed off to Gerard singing our song.

“I wanna hold you high and steal your pain. Cause I’m broken, when I’m open, and I don’t feel right, when you’re gone away.”