Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

chapter 44

He slapped me. I was shocked. I was simply horrified. The Gerard I fell in love with would never do such a thing. Maybe it was the alcohol, but I was pissed. I said nothing as I walked away, holding my cheek. I was in tears by the time I found any sign of the others. I found Frank.

“What happened?”

“Gerard. We fought again.” I sat on the ground and cried.

“Ana! Come here!” Frank shouted.

“Lisa, what happened?”

“They fought. I’m gonna go find his drunk ass.”

“I’m gonna go to sleep. Where’s Jordan?”

“She’s asleep. You go too. I’ll come check on you later.”

I nodded and went in the bus. Jordan was asleep on the couch in the back, so I went to lay by her.

*~Gerard’s P.O.V~*

“Gerard! What the fuck!?” someone shouted.

“Leave me alone,” I said, trying to be cold about it.

I stared at my hands. How could I? I was so ashamed of myself. My life really is going down the drain. Gerard, you gotta stop this.

“Gerard, you gotta stop this.”

“I’ve heard that before.”

“Then why don’t you? Lisa’s very upset.”

“No shit. Can you leave me alone?

“Gerard, can you stop this? You’re scaring all of us.”

“No shit.”

“Gerard! I’m serious! You have a daughter that I don’t wanna see
grow up without a father.”

“Just leave me alone. I need to think.”

He sighed and walked away. I got back to thinking. I need to get back in line here. I need to put my life back together.I snuck back to the bus and walked in. Nobody was there, except Lisa and Jordan both sound asleep. I pulled the blanket over Jordan and kissed her head. I brushed Lisa’s hair out of her face.

“I’m so sorry,” I whispered before turning to head out.

*~Lisa’s P.O.V~*

“I’m so sorry,” someone whispered.

I opened my eyes and saw Gerard’s back. He was heading back out. Why couldn’t you show sympathy when you slapped me?I sighed, rolled over, and went back to sleep.