Status: Completed

You're Not in This Alone.

chapter 7

It was Sunday morning when I woke up next. I opened my eyes and saw Gerard sitting at my desk, drawing again. I laid there staring at him for a little bit, watching him lost in his own work. The colored pencil moved swiftly yet gracefully across the paper. He looked up for a second and caught my eyes.

"Hey, how you feeling?" he asked as he came over to me.

"Better. Happy to be in my own bed," I said as he gave me a kiss on my head. "How long have you been up?"

"An hour. I ran home to shower and grab my colored pencils to finish my
drawing for you." He smiled.

"Ooh, are you done yet?" I asked, going over to try and see.

He pulled the drawing into him to hide it. "Not yet. These things take time."

"Fine. I'll go take a shower then." I headed to the bathroom.

I stripped down and tossed my clothes into the corner. I was finally able to get a good look at the damage on my body. Various sized cuts adorned my upper chest. Some looked like scratches, others were covered in bandages. I carefully pulled off the bandages and tossed them. Then I looked down and saw the real damage. The bruises between my legs. The bruises covering my middle. Seeing that brought back the memories I had about the other night.

I shook them away as I got in the shower, letting the hot water wash over me. I wanted it to wash away everything. I hung my head under the water and watched my hair hang as the water ran through it. I closed my eyes and images started to flash through my mind. I was seeing it again. The dark haired boy hovered over me. The image of his face just then burned into my memory.

"Hey!" someone said, slamming the bathroom door.

I jumped and almost fell. "Hey, mom. Do you mind?"

"What?"

"I'm trying to take a shower."

"Sorry. I just came to ask you how you felt." She sounded hurt.

"Sorry. I'm just a bit jumpy. I'm fine."

"Well, I'm making a big breakfast. Is Gerard staying?"

"I guess. Go ask him. He's in my room drawing."

I heard the door open and close. I cleaned myself and got out, wrapping a towel around myself and my hair in another. When I was a bit more dry, I slipped into my black bath robe and went back to my room.

"Feel better?" Gerard asked.

"Yes, actually," I said, sitting on his lap after he put his sketchbook down. "How's
my drawing?"

"Gimme time. I have other projects too. My cartoon. I wanna get a few episodes done before I go to New York."

"Take your time. Make it perfect."

"Don't worry, it'll be done soon." He pulled the towel off my head and I laid my head on his shoulder as he ran his fingers through my wet hair. "Listen, I know it's only been a week, but, I think I really love you."

"I love you too, but how would you know so fast?" I asked.

"Come with me to my house and I'll show you," he said. "After breakfast of course."

"Well, lemme get dressed."

I've always wanted a walk-in closet, and I finally got one. I went in and looked through my clothes. I pulled on my undergarments of course, then I pulled on my favorite pair of black pants with hot pink pin stripes, and a black tank top. I put on my favorite studded belt and pulled on my black Chucks. Don't forget the wrist bands and bracelets. I stepped out and Gerard stood there, bug-eyed.

"Damn," he said.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"You look...wow. I'm not used to seeing you dressed in anything but our school uniforms," he said.

"Get used to it when we're out of school." I pulled my hair into a ponytail and let my sideswiped bangs fall over my left eye.

After we ate, we headed over to his house. I sat in his room while he went on a search for something. I was listening to voices out in the hall.


__________

Enjoy errbody...