Status: Completed :D

A Lesson in Relationships

Chapter 10

It’s Sunday night and I’ve been waiting patiently since Saturday for Alex to contact me anything, but no, nothing, no texts, no calls, no IMs or even E-mails. I drum my fingers on my desk, picking up my phone and calling him.

It rings five times before his voicemail picks up. It was different then before. He sounded depressed.

Hey it’s Alex, sorry if I haven’t been answering my phone lately. I’m not avoiding anyone. I’ve just been really… sick lately, but leave a message and I’ll try to get back to you.

I sigh, “Lex, pick up the damn phone, I know you would pick up the phone no matter how sick you are. If you don’t call me back I’m coming to see you. I’m giving you an hour, bye.”

I wait expecting him to call within the first ten minutes but fifteen minutes pass, then an half an hour, and then the full hour. “Fine, be that way,” I mutter, grabbing my keys and driving to his house. Sure, I could walk and save the environment, but I needed to find out what the fuck was wrong with Alex.

I pull into the driveway and knock on the door, something I don’t do quite often. I wait a moment and hear movement. I shift from foot to foot, waiting nervously for the door to be answered.

Mrs. Gaskarth smiles at me, “Jack, long time, no see! How have you been?”

“Okay, how about yourself?” I ask, not particularly caring at the moment.

“I’m fine, you here to see Alex?” I nod and she moves aside. “He’s in his room, maybe you can cheer him up. He’s been so out of it lately. Will you be staying for dinner, dear?”

“Um, I’m not sure. I wanna see how Alex is first and then I’ll make up my mind.” She nods in response and I clime up the stairs, taking three –yes three- at a time. I walk down the hall and find his door; I knock and wait for an answer.

There’s a muffled response, that I think was a ‘come in.’ I open the door and close it behind me, locking it. We needed to talk and I didn’t need him running away from me. He jumps a bit when he hears the click of the lock. I lean against the door.

He sits up and looks up at me with pleading eyes. He moves into the corner, “Um, hey Jack. I did’t know you where coming over.” His voice is nervous and fast.

“I called you before,” I move over to his desk and pick up his phone, “but then again, you wouldn’t know ‘cause your phones off.”

He nods, “Um, so Jack, what do you want to do?” He asks.

“Well, I was wondering if we could talk.” I say and notice him shift uncomfortably.

“About?” he looks at me, his face slightly curious.

“Why you’re angry at me.” I say. His mouth drops and he shakes his head.

“I’m not- I could never be mad at you Jack.”

“Then why have you been avoiding me?” I ask voice breaking.

“I… um… well, fuck, you’ll be angrier if you find out later. Um Jack… I uh… I cheated on you.”

I gasp. Surely he was lying, right? I mean, I thought I was doing a great job at being a great boyfriend. I frown, “…Oh, um when?” I ask.

“F-Friday night, I’m so sorry, Jack.” He apologizes.

“With who?” I ask, not yet, responding to his apologizes. He bites his lip and looks away. He mumbles something and I don’t hear him. “Who,” I repeat.

“Principle Berri.” He breaks out into sobs.

My eyes widen and I jump on him squeezing him tightly. “Oh, Alex, you did nothing wrong. He took advantage of you.” I stroke his hair and he shakes his head in disagreement.

“I-I enjoyed it, Jack. How can you say I did nothing wrong if I enjoyed it?” He asks.

I hug him tighter, “Lex, you couldn’t help it. Remember in health? It’s a natural thing, you couldn’t prevent it.”

“J-jack I feel as if I did though. I feel so, so dirty.”

“Lex, its normal for that, but you have to bring this to the police.” I say rubbing –what I am hoping is- soothing circles into his back.

“I-I can’t… no.”

“Lex, he may try this again. I don’t want him to hurt you. I love you, please, or at least please tell your parents”

He looks at me for awhile, then nods, “Okay, but, um, will you come with me?”

“Of course.”
♠ ♠ ♠
okay... its a little short... but can i ask for like 3 more comments? I really like reading them :) and <3 when they make me laugh. And for those who do, you know who you are. lol