Escape From This

Lottie's Morbid Love Dreams

In Lottie's more morbid moments, it was the day that Russell had planned to commit suicide, by pills which she would then discover (the emptied box) and help him to make himself sick. Or by coaxing him back down from the roof, listing off all of the splendour and magnificence that he would miss out. Or something, she hadn’t got it all sorted out just yet.

Perhaps Russell would take a blade from the kitchen drawers and stride out into the Spanish evening to hack at his arms until all his pain went away. Either way, Lottie would be ready to save the day in whatever dramatic manner Russell’s attempted death took.

Other thoughts were that Russell could be planning to announce something to them. Obviously not that he was gay (Lottie would have to steal away to the kitchen drawer or the roof were that to be the case) but perhaps that he had been secretly royalty all these years ,which, Lottie’s reading had proved, was one of the more popular of furtive teenage skeletons.

Another possibility was that he was actually very ill and would proclaim miserably that his disease (it didn’t matter much what it actually was, as long as he was still intact) prevented him going to South America at all or subsequently around the world. At this point, Lottie would rise to the occasion as Russell began to break down and tell him, with her arms now slipping around his shoulders, she would go with him until the end. She had debated whether or not to buy a ticket to South America to produce at this moment but had eventually decided to surprise him once she got out there.

For Lottie had made up her mind a long time ago that she couldn’t go a year without seeing him. In fact, it had not even been a decision she had consciously made. As soon as she had heard from Eleanor that Russell was going away, the rest of Lottie’s year had been immediately tied in with Russell’s plans.

This was how love stories went. One person made choices on how to spend their lives, the other person worked around them.

Timing and time together were everything in romance. And people were rarely thrown together by fate – Lottie was sane enough for this knowledge at least.

Practical enough to know that the moment where the two of them just clicked had to be manufactured and structured, much like when the world had been made. Russell would fall in love with her. Whether it was today or six months down the line in Prague didn’t matter to Lottie, just like she didn’t care whether God or gas and atoms had made the earth.

And this is why Lottie happily sang in Spanish while the train bundled them along to Mora.

Simply because she felt in her head their future was sealed and that she had thought of everything. Of course, she was prepared for surprise obstacles – she was not so arrogant! But it would be nothing that would shake her from her goal. Russell and she would be together. It may as well have been engraved onto Russell’s calendar in sun blood.

Her Spanish was repeated verses of Christina Aguilera, Nunca mas he vuelto a amar de esa manera, quizas jamas lo hare..

If you followed Lottie’s knees straight across to the other seats, you would find Russell, still in deep discourse with himself and with no idea at all of all that Lottie had in store for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Russell has other things on his mind...secrets...?

Hope you guys enjoy the next chapter, thanks so much for reading!