Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: Completed! :D

Like It Or Not - Arranged Marriage

Ugh, Weddings!

AMANDA'S POV

"Honey wake up, you're getting married in less than 4 hours," I didn't even remember sleeping off." My mum abruptly stopped and turned to look at me "and no funny business today miss." I wasn't even in the mood to do that, not even in the mood to do anything at all, I just wanted to get this wedding over with. I got into the bathroom and took a very slow bath while thinking of my life but that didn't last long because my mum came in "Don't you think it's about time you came out?" I looked at her weirdly and came out of the bath, took a towel and wrapped it round my body and hair then followed my mum into a room filled with different people who I guessed were going to make me up and stuff. I really hate my life. After what seemed like years I was done, I looked into the mirror, must say they did a very good job. Then my dad walked into the room. "Are you ready?" Normally the brides at this moment would cry but not me, I was filled with hatred, rage, you name it and I was quite hungry. So we stood in front of the church door waiting for the wedding song to be played. The doors finally opened and we stepped in while the little bride (who I didn't know) did her thing. I looked forward and saw Eric, he looked breath-taking, handsome, hot, to die for, just describing his looks, doesen't change my feelings for him. "You look beautiful!" He smiled at me and I didn't return the smile. Amy was my maid of honor and she kept smiling at me while Blake was Eric's best man.

The priest turned to us. "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God – and in the face of this company – to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore – is not by any – to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly – but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

I looked around hoping someone would just object but all the only thing these stupid people did was smile. Eric kept his eyes at me the whole time while I looked around. But no one did. Argh, my life.

"Marriage is the union of husband and wife in heart, body and mind. It is intended for their mutual joy – and for the help and comfort given on another in prosperity and adversity. But more importantly – it is a means through which a stable and loving environment may be attained." Why does thing have to be so long, Eric kept staring at me which was starting to get weird.

"Through marriage, Eric and Amanda make a commitment together to face their disappointments – embrace their dreams – realize their hopes – and accept each other’s failures. Eric and Amanda will promise one another to aspire to these ideals throughout their lives together – through mutual understanding – openness – and sensitivity to each other." Yeah, like i'm ever going to do that.

"We are here today – before God – because marriage is one of His most sacred wishes – to witness the joining in marriage of Eric and Amanda. This occasion marks the celebration of love and commitment with which this man and this woman begin their life together. And now – through me – He joins you together in one of the holiest bonds." Is it me or this is one of the longest weddings ever?

"Who gives this woman in marriage to this man" I saw my dad get up, the shameless man, not even sad to see his daughter go, most NORMAL dads I know, will never want this day to come.

"Her family and friends gathered here today do." My dad said with so much pride in his voice, I was getting tired of this, so I rested my weight on one leg and Eric was still staring at me, so I mouthed 'what?' but he just smiled.

"This is a beginning and a continuation of their growth as individuals. With mutual care, respect, responsibility and knowledge comes the affirmation of each one’s own life happiness, growth and freedom. With respect for individual boundaries comes the freedom to love unconditionally. Within the emotional safety of a loving relationship – the knowledge self-offered one another becomes the fertile soil for continued growth. With care and responsibility towards self and one another comes the potential for full and happy lives.By gathering together all the wishes of happiness and our fondest hopes for Eric and Amanda from all present here, we assure them that our hearts are in tune with theirs. These moments are so meaningful to all of us, for “what greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined together – to strengthen each other in all labor – to minister to each other in all sorrow – to share with each other in all gladness.This relationship stands for love, loyalty, honesty and trust, but most of all for friendship. Before they knew love, they were friends, and it was from this seed of friendship that is their destiny. Do not think that you can direct the course of love – for love, if it finds you worthy, shall direct you.Marriage is an act of faith and a personal commitment as well as a moral and physical union between two people. Marriage has been described as the best and most important relationship that can exist between them. It is the construction of their love and trust into a single growing energy of spiritual life. It is amoral commitment that requires and deserves daily attention. Marriage should be a life long consecration of the ideal of loving kindness – backed with the will to make it last."

If this dosen't end soon, I'll just walk out, what kind of long and unnecessary wedding is this, it's not like this marriage will last for up to a week, then a thought hit me. WEDDING NIGHTS, OMG. I am not making love, no scratch that, I am not having sex with this dude, never.

"Do you Eric take Amanda to be your wife – to live together after God’s ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?"

"I do!" He smiled at me, I needed to get out of here because I seemed to be the only person here not smiling.

"Do you Amanda take Eric to be your husband – to live together after God’s ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?"

There was awkward silence in the church, I could see that Eric tensed up a bit. "I...do!"

"What token of your love do you offer? Would you place the rings in my hand?" Eric and I placed our engagement rings in his hands.

"May these rings be blessed as the symbol of this affectionate unity. These two lives are now joined in one unbroken circle. Wherever they go – may they always return to one another. May these two find in each other the love for which all men and women year. May they grow in understanding and in compassion. May the home which they establish together be such a place that many will find there a friend. May these rings on their fingers symbolize the touch of the spirit of love in their hearts."

I cannot believe I'm still here. Did they plan this wedding to be long?

The priest hands the ring to Eric "Eric, in placing this ring on Amanda's finger, repeat after me: Amanda, you are now consecrated to me as my wife from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed."

Eric repeated what he said while smiling at me and placing the ring on my finger. The priest then hands the ring to me.

"Amanda, in placing this ring on Eric's finger, repeat after me: Eric, you are now consecrate to me as my husband from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed."

I said this all with speed, I doubt anyone understood what I said.

"May you always share with each other the gifts of love – be one in heart and in mind – may you always create a home together that puts in your hearts – love – generosity and kindness.
In as much as Eric and Amanda have consented together in marriage before this company of friends and family and have pledged their faith – and declared their unity by giving and receiving a ring – are now joined.You have pronounced yourselves husband and wife but remember to always be each other’s best friend.What – therefore – God has joined together – let no man put asunder.
And so, by the power vested in me by the State of California and Almighty God, I now pronounce you man and wife – and may your days be good and long upon the earth."

"You may now kiss the bride." Eric grabbed me and made out with me for a very long time. "I've been dreaming of this moment."

The whole church stood up and applauded.

My mum came over and hugged me while fake tears came out from her eyes, I turned to Amy. "Kill me now." But she just smiled and hugged me.

So Eric and I went out the church and entered a white limo, while the car moved, I threw my bouquet out not really aiming but hoping it would land in the bin or something like that. As I got back in, Eric looked at me "I really do love you, please gave me a chance." I didn't know what to say to that. This was going to be a long day. I looked over at Eric out of curiousity. "Look, Eric I'm sorry, I just don't see this going anywhere." He came closer "Don't say that, you'll learn to love me like I do for you." I smiled, "I don't think so." He smirked at me and I looked at him "What?" "Can't wait for tonight." I scoffed, "Don't get your hopes high." He was still smirking, "We'll see."

He turned to the driver "Dude, can you change the song and play "Guardian Angel" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparartus. He then turned to me. "This song's for you." And he kissed me. Can this day be any longer?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, this has got to be the longest chapter because of the unnecessary stuff I wrote. I just thought it would make it look real, I'm sure it was boring cuz it was for me.
Anyways, to make up for my excessiveness, I'll post another chapter ASAP. Don't you just love me?
COMMENT~RATE~SUSCRIBE
Ok, this may sound starnge but while you're commenting on this chapter, can you tell me who your favourite band is or favourite musician. :P.
So, I'll start working on the next chapter.