Status: Complete

Birthday Surprise

Birthday Surprise

Bekah woke up on her twenty-sixth birthday to the feeling of feather light kisses being placed all over her face and neck. She opened her eyes and saw the smiling face of her boyfriend.

“Happy Birthday, baby.” He said giving her a sweet kiss. “I made you breakfast. Your favorite.”

“Thanks Jimmy.” She said smiling as she sat up allowing Jimmy to place the tray over her legs. She leaned over and placed a kiss on Jimmy’s lips before digging into her French toast. Bekah shared her food with Jimmy while they made small talk.

When the food was all gone Bekah decided to get a shower. Before she got in Jimmy told her that he had some things to do today but he would see her later and they’d celebrate her birthday.

Last week Bekah had made Jimmy promise that he wouldn’t throw her a party this year. She just wanted to celebrate and be alone with Jimmy. She had even threatened that if he did throw her a party, she would walk out and celebrate her birthday alone.

Jimmy had been a little bummed about Bekah’s request but soon loved the idea. Jimmy talked to all their friends and family and told them of Bekah’s wishes and they all decided to have a small get together the next day to give their gifts to Bekah.

Since Jimmy didn’t have to plan a party he came up with a better idea. Jimmy’s planning to make this a birthday Bekah will never forget. He’s going to send Bekah on a scavenger hunt.

When he heard the shower kick on he quickly got dressed and took the dirty dishes down to the kitchen. Once he loaded them into the dishwasher, Jimmy went into his music room where he had hidden the envelopes that held the clues for the hunt. After he got them he looked for the one that was actually a birthday card that he had written the first clue in.

Jimmy went back up to the bedroom and propped the envelope up on the dresser. After he did that he poked his head into the bathroom.

“Babe, I’m heading out now. I’ll call you in a little bit, kay?” he said loudly so that Bekah could hear him over the running water.

“Okay. I love you.” Bekah replied.

“I love you too.” Jimmy said before retreating from the room and leaving the house.

Shortly after Jimmy left Bekah got out of the shower. Wrapped in a towel she went over to the closet and picked out a shirt and jeans. Tossing them on the bed she turned to the dresser to get a bra and underwear. As she walked over she saw a dark purple envelope on the dresser. She picked it up and saw:

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY

BEKAH!”


written on the front in Jimmy’s messy handwriting. Smiling, Bekah opened the envelope and pulled out the car. On the front it simply said “Happy 26th” with a picture of a cake at the bottom that had a number two candle and a number six candle on it. Opening the card she read the inscription.

Hope this day will be one you’ll always remember.

Looking at the left side of the card where it's usually just blank, Bekah saw more of Jimmy’s writing.

“Hey baby. I wanted to do something fun for you on your birthday and since you said no parties, I came up with this idea.

I’m sending you on a scavenger hunt. Your first clue is below.

I hope you have fun and I’ll see you later today.

Love always,

Jimmy.”


Bekah had to laugh a little. Leave it to Jimmy to do something like this. Though she was a little upset that she wouldn't get to spend the whole day with Jimmy, she is actually intrigued about this hunt. Looking back at the card, she read what the first clue is.

'Do you remember where we were when we shared our very first kiss? I hope so. Go there and you'll find your next clue.'

A big smile made it's way to Bekah's face. Of course she remembers where they had their first kiss. It happened before they had even got together. They were in the park on the swings just hanging out talking when Jimmy suddenly leaned over to Bekah and placed his lips on hers.

At first Bekah was shocked but the moment she started kissing back, Jimmy pulled away, his eyes wide. He stuttered out a 'sorry' and ran out of the park. He ignored Bekah for a few days before she finally cornered him and made him talk to her.

They talked and Bekah let Jimmy know that she didn't mind that he kissed her, that she actually liked it. They told each other that they liked one another but it was sill a couple months before Jimmy asked her out. Though they would flirt and even steal some kisses.

With the smile still on her face, Bekah got dressed quickly before throwing her hair up in a ponytail. She wanted to get to the park real fast and find out what the next clue is.

Thankfully the park isn't that far from the house ad Bekah arrived within five minutes. She entered the park and headed straight for the swings. When she got to them no one was around but she quickly spotted another dark purple envelope. Picking it up when she got to it, Bekah opened it and pulled out a folded card that looked like it was originally blank. On the front was a number two and when she flipped it open she saw the second clue.

'I'm glad you remembered.

Your next clue, where did I take you on our first date? Go there and you'll receive the next clue.'


Da Bella's is an Italian restaurant that Bekah never thought Jimmy would take her to because it's a fancy place where you have to get dressed up. Back then Jimmy always said he wouldn't be caught dead in a fancy place like that.

Well after they ate and took a walk in the park, Jimmy confessed to Bekah that he knew she had always wanted to go there. He said he was willing to suck it up and go once, for her. Bekah knew that h was somewhat uncomfortable all through dinner but he never said anything, wanting Bekah to have a nice night.

She knew that the whole having to dress nice wasn't what bothered him because h's dressed nice before. t was the whole snotty, higher class, holier-than-thou type atmosphere of the place. It's a restaurant where pretty much only the well off people could afford. He never liked places like that. He used to tell Bekah that they made him feel inadequate somehow.

So to know that he was willing to endure being uncomfortable for her, pretty much made Bekah fall even harder for the guy.

Bekah got in her car and headed to Da Bella's where the hostess handed her a familiar purple envelope. Jimmy had really thought this thing through. The clues kept coming but around twelve Bekah go one that wasn't a clue. It was what Jimmy termed a 'Birthday Treat'.

Jimmy had booked Bekah a couple hours at the spa. Since he didn't know how long it would take her to figure out the clues, he didn't schedule the spa for a specific time. He just told them that she would hopefully make it sometime in the afternoon.

When Bekah got there she found out that she was getting the whole package: manicure, pedicure, full body massage, her hair done, facial. Everything they do, she was getting done. Bekah spent two hors there and when she was done the lady who had given her the facial handed her a purple envelope. Before she tried to figure out the next clue Bekah went and grabbed a bite to eat at Taco Bell.

The rest of the afternoon and early evening she was going all over the town looking for the next clues. Bekah had been directed to places that held a lot of special memories for Bekah and Jimmy. Places like Johnny's Bar, her old bedroom in her parents' house, Jimmy's old bedroom, the studio, and hell, even Matt's parents' garage where the guys started up the band.

It was abut five thirty when she got the second to last clue that was actually another 'Birthday Treat'.

'Go home and up to our bedroom where you'll find another treat laying on our bed waiting for you.'

Bekah automatically thought that Jimmy would be the treat waiting for her, naked and she hoped that her thought was correct. She drove home as fast as she could without getting pulled over and when she parked the car in the driveway she practically flew up to the front door.

Racing up the stairs once she was inside Bekah ran into their bedroom and to her disappointment, Jimmy wasn't on the bed. Instead there was a midnight blue dress and a pair of black flip-flops. Bekah was puzzled at why there were flip-flops and not dress shoes but didn't think much of it when she saw the envelope laying on the dress.

'Ha. Ha. You thought I would be waiting on the bed didn't you?'

She laughed at the fact that Jimmy knew her so well.

'Anyway I hope you like the dress. When I saw it in the store the other day I knew you would look mazing in it. I want you to get freshened up a little and put the dress on. When your done that go down to the last place where we made love.'

Bekah did as the card told her and she picked the dress up off the bed and slipped it on. Sliding on the flip-flops she went into the bathroom and made sure her hair was still looking good. While she applied a little bit of make-up she was thinking about where her and Jimmy last made love which happened to be last night on the kitchen table.

Smiling, Bekah sprayed on some perfume and headed downstairs to the kitchen. There on the table was a purple envelope. Picking it up and opening it she took out the card.

'Do you remember when I finally grew some balls and asked you to be mine? Think of where we were and go there.

I'm waiting for you.'


Bekah now understood why he put out flip-flops and not heels or something.

Bekah's parents had thrown her a beach party for her sixteenth birthday and she remembered that just after the sun started setting, Jimmy asked her if she would take a walk along the beach with him. They walked in a comfortable silence for a while before Jimmy stopped and turned to her. He looked down gazing into Bekah's eyes before placing his lips on hers.

When they both pulled away a few moments later Bekah noticed that he seemed a little nervous about something. Then all of a sudden he mumbled a 'fuck it' and asked her if she would be his girlfriend. Bekah was so excited that he finally asked her, she forgot to answer and thinking that she was going to say no, the smile fell from Jimmy's face.

Not wanting to hear her say no he turned to walk away but Bekah grabbed onto his arm and stopped him. Walking so that she was standing in front of Jimmy, Bekah reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him into another kiss. When they broke away she told him that she would love to be his girlfriend.

Smiling at the memory, Bekah walked out of the house and drove down to the beach. Taking off her flip-flops she stepped onto the sand and made her way to where she knew Jimmy was.

Walking for about three minutes Bekah saw a dark figure standing about twenty yards away. Quickening her pace the figure soon came into light. Jimmy was standing there with a big smile holding a cupcake that had a lite candle in it.

When she was standing in front of Jimmy he finally spoke.

"Happy birthday, baby." he said holding out the cupcake towards Bekah. "Make a wish."

Bekah did and blew out the candle. Jimmy handed the cupcake to her and took a hold of her other hand. He pulled her over to where he had a blanket set out on the sand. There was a basket that Bekah guessed held food. Before they sat down though Jimmy spoke again.

"I've known you for about thirteen years and from the first time I spoke to you I knew we would be together, forever. I love you so much Bekah that I can't even put it into words. I couldn't imagine my life without you in it. Hell, I don't even want to imagine it.

"Ten years ago on your sixteenth birthday, in this spot, I asked you to be my girlfriend and you said yes. I want to ask you something tonight and I thought since this was a lucky spot back then, maybe the luck is still here."

Before Bekah could say anything, Jimmy sunk down to one knee and pulled out a small square box. He opened it and tears instantly sprang to Bekah's eyes and she clasped a hand over her mouth as she looked down at Jimmy.

"Bekah Anne Thompson, will you marry me?"

Bekah was so shocked that she couldn't speak so instead she started nodding her head rapidly. Jimmy jumped up and scooped Bekah into his arms hugging her tightly as she spun around. Both of them laughing and when Jimmy placed her back on her feet he leaned down and connected their lips.

Pulling away breathless a minute later, Jimmy took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto Bekah's finger. After sharing another kiss the both of them sat down on the blanket where Jimmy started pulling food and wine out of the basket. After a toast to them they began eating.

When they finished the food and they cleaned away their trash, Jimmy pulled Bekah close to him.

"I was right about this dress. You look so beautiful in it."

"I love it. Thank you for it and the scavenger hunt and the spa, I had fun today. And definitely thank you for wanting to spend your life with me. I can't imagine my life without you in it either. I love you so much Jimmy." Bekah said with a few tears in her eyes as she turned to place a kiss on Jimmy's lips.

"No problem babe. I wanted to give you a birthday you'll always remember. And there isn't anyone else I'd rather spend my life with. I love you too. I also have some other gifts for you." he said pulling out a gift bag and a long, thin box from behind the basket that Bekah hadn't even noticed.

"Oh Jimmy, I don't need more." Bekah tried to protest but Jimmy stopped her.

"It's not a lot, I promise." he said handing her the gift bag. Inside were a couple DVD's and CD's that Bekah has been wanting to get.

Once she was done looking at them Jimmy handed her the thin box. Untying the ribbon that was around it, Bekah opened it and gasped. Inside was a silver necklace that had a beautiful heart pendant on it. She pulled it out and saw that there was engraving on it. On the front it had 'J+B' and on the back was '4ever'.

"Oh babe, I love it." Bekah exclaimed. She handed it to him and turned around asking if he'd put it on. When he was done she turned back around and gave him a loving kiss.

"Thank you for all my gifts."

"You're welcome babe." Jimmy said pulling her in for another kiss.

After they pulled away Jimmy pulled Bekah so that she was sitting between his legs, her back against his chest. They sat there spending the rest of the night looking out at the waves, talking quietly and just basking in the love they had for each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think.