Status: Spankin' New!

Wonderland

C H A P T E R T W O

'The world is filled with
The minds of people who try to discuss
A light will shine through
When no one can save you'


❤ ❥ ❤ ❥ ❤ ❥ ❤ ❥ ❤ ❥ ❤ ❥ ❤ ❥ ❤ ❥ ❤ ❥

The heavy gate made a loud ‘boom’ as it slammed shut behind Alice. She turned around quickly, frightened by the noise. However, she was more frightened at the fact that she would not be able to go back through the way she came in.

Sighing, the young girl figured it would be best to keep moving instead of dreading what she could not control. She ventured off further into the unknown world, looking around her with each slow step she made.

“What do you think it is?”

“Is it what you think it is?”

Alice jumped, startled at the whispers she heard. She turned, looking around to see where they were coming from. Seeing no one, she continued on, more curious and nervous than before.

“What can we do with it?”

“Can we do what with it, do you think?”

The girl didn’t stop to see where the whispers were coming from this time. Instead, she moved faster through the damp, foggy area ahead of her, trying to escape whatever – or whomever -- was following her.

I don’t like this place at all, she thought.

A flash of black flew past her, blowing her blonde hair to the left a bit. She froze, not sure what to do. Just as she was about to move on, thinking the object was gone, another ran past her. She could almost feel the touch of the mysterious. . .thing. . .that would not leave her be. She circled around on her heel, trying to spot the form.

Moving her hair from her eyes, Alice peered into the forest. This time she saw not one, but two shapes hiding amongst the trees.

“Wh—Who’s there?” she called out. She stopped breathing, afraid of the response she might hear.

However, not a word or sound was made from the forms. The fog that surrounded the area lifted a bit and now Alice could clearly see two figures.

“Why, you’re people!” Alice shouted, louder than she had intended to, at the sight of the two.

Alice saw the two figures move forward. They were both short, and much wider than she thought they first appeared to be. The one on the right hit the other in the stomach and he – at least, it appeared to Alice to be a he -- made an awful, weird honking-like noise.

What strange little people, she thought to herself, and stared.

Alice quickly looked away, though. She had been taught that it was very impolite to stare, no matter how odd something may have looked.

But, much like it always did, her curiosity got the best of her and she looked at them again. Both were wearing the exact same thing -- torn-up trousers that barely passed their stubby knees along with black and white striped shirts that were dirty beyond belief. Alice examined their clothes more closely and saw patches on either side of their pants where holes must’ve been covered. The clothes weren’t the most interesting part of these men, though. She stared into their big, round eyes and saw complete darkness. There appeared to be no other color than black in their gaze toward her. The eyes seemed to match their oddly shaped heads that resembled a circle, but not quite as perfect.

“May I ask who you are?” the timid Alice questioned cautiously.

“I’m Tweedle Dee, he’s Tweedle Dum.” The one on the left said, pointing to his – what Alice assumed to be -- brother.

“And contrarywise, I’m Tweedle Dum, and he’s Tweedle Dee,” the other said, copying the former's movements exactly.

Alice stood in amazement. She was both confused and intrigued by the Tweedles.

“And what might they call you?” they asked in unison.

“Alice.”

Both twins cocked their head to the side and stared at her for a great deal of time, making Alice feel slightly uncomfortable.

“Do you happen to know where I am?”

“You are here,” Tweedle Dee said.

Or was it Tweedle Dum? Alice pondered.

“And there,” the other said.

“How does that--?” Alice decided to not ask them anything more. She figured she would never get a straight answer from either of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally a post from me! :D

I know my wording isn't as fabulous as my wife's but I hope all of our readers enjoy it anyway. <3

This story is so much fun. After seeing Alice in Wonderland today, I have so much inspiration. :]

Long comments (good or bad) help us both as writers and with the story and are always greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Liz