‹ Prequel: Keepsake
Status: Finished

Burning Desires

Love You

Matt thought about a lot of things as he had some time to think. The tour had come to a slight halt because of Jade. It was a unanimous decision between the guys. They were headed back to Dallas, but Matt had a bad feeling at the pit of his stomach.

He was torn between to women.

One, Jade, had stolen his heart through e-mails and very long conversations at the gentlemen’s club.

The other, Val, was his best friend. He could confide anything with her. She was there for him in so many ways, and sex wasn’t bad when she put in a little effort.

The more he thought, the more things began to clear. He knew his decision, and he knew it was going to be hard, but he loved Val more than Jade.

Jade was… sort of a test, but he knew his true heart was on Val.

It hurt him to have to tell Jade, but he knew he could never truly leave Val. She had always been in his life and he couldn’t imagine being without her.

The seat next to him was filled by Brian.

“You can’t sleep either?” Brian asked him.

Matt shook his head. “What time is it?”

“One in the morning,” he answered with a stifled yawn. “We’ll be in Dallas in a few.”

“You want to see her,” Matt guessed correctly because there was a twinkle in his best friend’s eyes. “You don’t have to worry about me, Brian. I know what Jade and I did was fucked up, but at the moment, it felt right.”

Brian’s body tensed. “Yeah… I don’t know man… you… she…”

“I’ve decided to stay with Val,” Matt cut him off.

Brian was more than surprised, he was shocked.

“I know it’s stupid of me to have… lead on Jade, but I plan to tell her face to face, she’s going to need you,” he looked at Brian. “I don’t deserve her, you do.”

Brian’s POV

Matt’s words filled his head the entire night. He didn’t know whether to be happy or not. He was happy Matt wasn’t a problem, but he was sad of how it was going to hurt her.

He tossed and turned most of the time.

The next morning his phone rang,

"Hullo?" he answered groggily.

"Oh... I'm sorry did I wake you?" Jade asked him lightly.

"No no its fine, how are you feeling?" He asked her.

"I'm fine, how about you.” she asked lightly.

"I'm okay, I was so worried about you....why'd you do it Jade...you know what you mean to...all of us.” He said.

"I'm not entirely sure really I just wanted the pain to stop and it wouldn't so...I figured..."

"Its never the answer baby..." He said to her. He longed to tell her that face to face. "Jade we're taking a break from tour.”

"Why?” she asked.

"We're all worried about you and...we, me and you need to talk..."He said in all seriousness.

"Matt said he isn't leaving Val....he said he can’t.” he hated to tell her, but she needed a warning of what Matt was going to tell her.

"I think I knew that...." she whispered hoarsely.

"What’s he got that I don't Jade?” he needed to know so desperately.

"I don't know...I really don't but I...you can't choose who you love..." she whispered.

"But you can choose how much it hurts..." He told her, "Sometimes you have to love the things that are good for you."

"I know...I..I do love you...." she whispered.

"You don't know how happy that makes me..." He said to me his voice cracking a little. It truly made him happy that there was a slight hope that he could own all of her heart.

"No...no, no crying.” she said to him seriously.

"Sorry.” He laughed a little.

"When can I see you?” she asked.

"Now if you want..." He knew they were at Dallas already, or close by.

"Good...meet me at Emos on sixth street.” she told him.

"See you there." He said the phone clicking.

He had no idea where that was, but he googled it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Excuses: None, I just had no idea what I should write, sorry