‹ Prequel: Keepsake
Status: Finished

Burning Desires

Never Cross That Line

“Matt chill, man, we don’t want to murder anyone!” Zacky yelled as Matt scary fast trying to get to Jade.

“I am going to murder someone! A fucking dickhead called Gabriel!” Matt growled as he tightened the hold on the steering wheel.

“This is crazy!” Jimmy yelled and laughed. “I love our life.”

Matt made it to the building. Somehow he parked the car and he shot towards the building Jade described to him. He pressed the button. He could see Jade on the floor in the lobby crying. It made Matt so angry.

“Jade?” Matt said.

She shot her head up and her relieved smile made him feel better. She got up dressed only in her robe. She opened the door for him and her arms went around his neck as she sobbed. Matt hugged her as he tried to soothe her.

“Where is he, Jade?” Matt asked her trying to hide his anger. He hated men who tried anything women didn’t want. Jade was his friend and he would protect his friends.

“In the apartment… second floor apartment B2,” Jade said.

Zacky and Brian walked in. Matt handed Jade over to Brian.

“I’ll be back,” Matt said.

“What? Matt, don’t!” Jade said as she reached out for his arm. Matt stopped and looked into her amazing eyes. “He’s not worth it.”

“He might not be, but you are, don’t worry,” he sent her a smirk.

Matt raced upstairs. He quickly found the apartment. He opened the door and he immediately recognized Gabriel. He was in the kitchen with a pack of frozen peas on his area. Matt smiled, he just knew Jade did that to him.

Gabriel looked at Matt.

“Ah, look who’s here, the fucker who likes easy bitches,” Gabriel chuckled.

Matt clenched his fists. “You think you’re a tough fucker?”

“I think you have a girlfriend who doesn’t know you’re here protecting a stripper,” Gabriel smirked.

“Mind your own business,” Matt growled.

“You too, I’m getting Jade back,” Gabriel said.

Matt shook his head. “You’re not coming near her.”

“You’re forgetting I’m paying for this place!” Gabriel gestured around.

Matt narrowed his eyes. He was right.

“She doesn’t live here anymore,” Matt said as he headed towards a random room. He went into the first one he saw and he was lucky it was hers. He knew because he could smell her perfume. Matt looked for a suitcase in her closet and started to put random clothes in it. He grabbed a handful of her underwear and bras. He walked over to her dresser and got some hairspray and a small bag with makeup.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Gabriel growled.

“Jade deserves something better, you’re fucking lucky I didn’t punch you in the face,” Matt said.

Gabriel actually looked scared for half a second. He recovered quickly.

“You barely know her!” Gabriel said. “She’s doing this on purpose. All she wants is your fucking money!”

Matt zipped the suitcase and carried it. He walked towards Gabriel and he backed up. Matt punched him and Gabriel stumbled backwards until he fell on his ass. Matt stepped over him and walked out of the apartment.

It took all of his will not to go back and beat the crap out of him.

He made his way back down to the lobby. Everyone gave him confused looks when they watched him come down with the suitcase.

Matt looked at Brian. “You still have that extra room available?” Matt asked.

Brian raised an eyebrow, but nodded. “Yeah, Jason left yesterday.”

“Matt, what did you do?” Jade asked.

Matt looked at her. Her eyes were puffy. He didn’t like seeing her like that. It made him want to go back and kill Gabriel.

“Uh, I kind of moved you out,” Matt said as he lifted the suitcase. “It’s better this way.”

Jade bit her lower lip.

“Thanks… but I can’t. You guys have your girlfriends’ and--”

“I’m single,” Brian said. “I don’t plan on getting a girlfriend anytime soon. The last one was way too messy. I don’t mind, Jade, plus I’m the perfect gentleman.”

Jade looked at Brian and smiled. He was sweet. He wasn’t bad on the eyes either. Dark hair and light brown eyes.

“I don’t think--”

“You don’t have to think,” Matt said. “You can’t stay close to that fucker because I’ll be worried all of the time.”

“We’ll be worried,” Jimmy said. “A friend of Matt’s is a friend of ours.”

Jade smiled sweetly at him. She couldn’t believe what he was going through for her. What they were going through for her. She felt so honored. She felt special, he was going through so much for her. She was really falling for him.

Brian took the suitcase and walked Jade to the Escalade. Zacky stopped Matt from following them.

“What are you doing?” Zacky asked.

Matt gave him a puzzled look. “I’m helping her.”

“What if Val finds out?” Zacky asked.

“How would she find out?” Matt asked.

Zacky sighed.

“Brian is going to make his move, you know it,” Zacky said. “I can tell you care for her… more than a friend. Like a jealous boyfriend.”

Matt shook his head. “It’s not like that, how many times do I have to say it? I love Val, you know that. I trust Brian, Zacky. I know he won’t try anything she wouldn’t want.”

Zacky knew he was right. Brian never crossed that line, ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was so easy to write this chapter... I just couldn't stop :D