Status: one-shot, self-explanitory

Perceived Peril

Perceived Peril

The air was dry, and the bitter cold seemed to seep through my skin. My long coat was fluttering in the wind, almost in unison with my thundering footsteps. I looked side to side, being overly sensitive and much more aware than I ever was before. This place looked the same, but I saw it differently after everything that’s happened. Things here weren’t reassuring me as they used to.

The sun was glaring off of my sunglasses; that same glare off his sunglasses was what gave him away. He was in an alley across the street; another one was in the lot a block ahead of me. More and more of them were appearing, in their uniform-like black suits. I felt for my phone, but by they time they got here it would be fruitless.
I had to do this on my own.

They were appearing left and right, I didn’t have much time. I changed direction and headed for the empty square, every one of them following me ever so casually. The unanimous leader approached me with his trademark wry smile. We both knew what he was here to do, but only one of us knew the outcome. That person was me, and he didn’t stand a chance.
♠ ♠ ♠
one-shot... crappy/good?

what do you think?

if you like this check out my other stories, please :)

-rh