Status: active

Ink

Chapter 005

Guen

When we got home, Charlie was... well pissed to say the least. Bella was grounded for a week and I was sent to my room without dinner. Of course, this was all the least of my worries. The Cullens had heard me. I shouldn't have been so careless as to let something as big as the Vulturi slip out of my mouth, but I had. Lauren was right, as usual, I should have gotten some sleep.

I had sneaked down to the kitchen once, for some garlic. If there was one thing I remembered from Twilight, it was Edward sneaking into Bella's room at night without an invitation. After what happened today in the cafeteria, I couldn't risk it.

I sat on my bed, which was surrounded in a circle of garlic powder (Charlie had no cloves), with my back against the headboard and a cross rested on my knees. I'd grabbed a pencil to use as a stake, but with the rock hard skin and all I wasn't too sure how much help it would do me, but I was sure going to try.

The Cullen's were all good vampires though. Even if I had said something that sort of gave away the fact that Lauren and I knew all about them, didn't mean they would kill us... right?

There was a sudden tap, or maybe it was a bump, but whatever it was woke me up with a start. I jabbed myself in the eye, trying to hold up my pencil to defend myself, lucky for me it was the eraser part. I cursed under my breath and, grabbing my injured eye, looked up at my dresser. It was still in place, nothing seemed any different. Great, I was paranoid.

"Are you alright?" I let out a yelp, spinning faster than I probably ever would have thought I could and flinging my pencil at the voice before sliding off the side of my bed.

"Lauren!" I shouted, fighting my blankets and only seeming to entangle myself even worse. I finally managed to free my head and opened my mouth to shout again, but there was suddenly something very cold, and very strong keeping my mouth closed. Robert Pattinson had his hand clasped against my mouth. Like an idiot, I giggled.

Robert, I mean, Edward smiled and there was an awkward silence. I think I turned about three shades of red, which couldn't have been good with a vampire in the room.

I jumped, suddenly, as my door was flung open. Edward was gone, and now Charlie was standing in the doorway in his green pajama pants and some football t-shirt with a shotgun and a crazy look in his eyes.

"Chrissy!" He calmed down once he saw that nothing was wrong, well except for the fact that I was on the floor... "What the heck are you doing down there?" I gave an innocent smile and shrugged.

"Nightmare. Fell out of bed, sorry Dad." Charlie let out a long sigh, setting down his gun and walking over to help me up.

"I swear." He didn't have to finish. I knew Charlie wasn't used to having kids around 24/7, and he was never really around for my 'nightmare' stages. Hey, how did I know all of this? I remember crawling into Renee's bed when I was six, and I remember nightmares about a giant marshmallow man. The thought gave me shivers.

"You alright now then?" He had tucked me back into bed, very awkwardly might I add, and was now standing with one hand on his hip and the other grasping his gun again.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry." He gave a half grin.

"Well, better get some rest then." And after taking a quick glance around my room, probably to make sure there really was nothing there, and raising an eyebrow at my dresser, he left. I waited until I couldn't hear his footsteps anymore before tossing the covers off of me and getting up.

"Edward?" I bent down to check under my bed. Nothing. There weren't many places he could hide in this little room.

"How do you know so much?" I stifled another yelp, clutching my hand over my chest.

"Could you make some noise when you walk or something? Gees." This time, he didn't smile.

"Answer the question." He wasn't very intimidating really. Sure, he was bigger than me, but only height wise. I knew he was incredibly strong and could kill me in a second, maybe even less than that, it was just... he didn't look it.

Edward shook his head with a frustrated smile on his face. He stepped away, placing one hand on his hip and running the other through his hair. I folded my hands behind my back and didn't say a word.

"Tell her there's nothing wrong." I went to ask him what he'd meant when there was another knock on my door.

"Guen," It was Lauren. "Are you alright?" Edward was motionless, staring at me with one hand holding his chin and the other holding the opposite arm. I rolled my eyes before going to answer.

Lauren stood there in the doorway, wearing her pajamas and looking extremely tired. She probably hadn't been able to sleep after what happened at the school.

"I'm fine, just had a nightmare." Her eyebrows furrowed together and she gave me a death glare. I smiled, holding the door mostly closed so that she couldn't see Edward inside, though he probably wouldn't have let her anyways.

"Oh my gosh. Good night." She shook her head as she headed back across the hall. I let out a sigh as I closed the door back, locking it, and turned around. Edward was standing directly behind me and I jumped a little.

"Really, do you get a kick out of scaring me?" I grabbed my chest, looking up at him. He seemed indifferent. He didn't back away, however, and my uncomfortable meter was slowly rising. "Bubble?" I asked, trying to push him away, which was useless seeing as if he didn't want to move, nothing would actually move him.

"I don't understand." Edward finally managed to murmur more to himself. I sidestepped, moving closer to my bed and taking a seat, wrapping the blankets around my moderately bare legs.

"Personal bubble., it's basically a nice way of saying that you're invading someone's space." I explained, trying my best to keep my thoughts PG. Edward Cullen was in my bedroom, I was in my pajamas... I'd only dreamed of this about a million and one times only now he was real, Edward was actually a few inches away from me. Awkward imaged began to spring into my mind and he looked up suddenly, one of his eyebrows furrowing slightly and I immediately thought of Taco Bell.

"I meant," He stepped a little closer and I pulled my knees up to my chest. "Who are you?" For a while, I couldn't think of what to say. How could I possibly explain something that I didn't even fully understand? Besides, I couldn't tell him that his entire life wasn't even real. I had no choice but to lie.

"Christina. Christina Swan." Lying to Edward Cullen wasn't easy, in fact as soon as I thought about lying, I had to think about how stupid that would be because he could read my mind and think about telling him the truth, when actually I was going to lie. And that made almost no sense at all, but it worked out perfectly fine in my head.

"How do you know so much about," He paused, obviously uncomfortable with whatever it was he was trying to say. "us." Great, now I had to weave an even bigger lie. My mind immediately began racing with made up images of vampires in Arizona, ones I'd "seen" and "met".

"Your family isn't the first coven I've seen." Edward pondered this for a moment, standing absolutely, and almost frighteningly still before me.

"You're good." A semi-wicked smile played on his lips and I swallowed hard. "Alright," He turned suddenly and headed for the window.

"Hey, wait a second," Edward stopped, turning back to look at me. "That's it? Aren't you gonna... I don't know, threaten to hurt me if I don't keep the secret?" For a moment he looked confused, but he didn't answer.

Edward was gone as quickly as he'd come.

I sat quietly on my bed, knees curled up to my chest. Had he bought it? What did he mean by 'You're good'? Frustrated, I bit down on my knee, as I tended to do a lot whenever I was agitated because I'm just a weirdo.

I got up to tell Lauren what had just happened, but stopped just as I reached my door. Edward didn't want me to tell... and why should I? I could keep this one little secret, the story had already been altered because of what happened at school anyway right? Nervously I chewed on my bottom lip and crawled back into bed, thinking of my little meeting with Edward, anxiously awaiting my second day of school.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that I made you wait so long and then the chapter isn't that long. I'll get right on the next one! Thank you so much for not giving up on the story.