Status: Dedicated to The Rev - fo[REV]er

Speak No Evil

prologue.

Brian Elwin Haner Jr. made his way into his best friend and band mate, Jimmy Sullivan’s, Southern California home. He knew that knocking would get him no where anymore, all his friends had given up on that now and would simply walk into each others homes as and when they pleased. None had anything to hide. Making his way past the arch way that lead into the living room, he headed to the door that would lead him into the spacious kitchen.

As soon as he had walked through the door he could see his best friend and his best friend’s fiancé outback by the built in swimming pool, both seated on lounge chairs. Placing his hand on the granite work top, he grabbed his beer from the fridge, that was specifically for alcohol, and made his way outside.

“Yo, what’s up dude?” He asked his friend sitting down on one of the lounge chairs next to Jimmy. Taking a sip of his beer he heard the reply of “Not that much dude, just relaxing.” from him. He smiled and nodded acknowledging his friends reply. It was then he realised Jimmy’s fiancé, Leana MacFadden, was waving her hands around like no one’s business, what was weirder was that Jimmy took no notice of it. Raising his right eyebrow at her, he wondered if Leana had finally lost the plot, had she finally gone over the edge; he went to ask what the hell she was doing when Jimmy cut him off,

“She’s talking to her friend from England on web chat. Her friend doesn’t talk, so I don’t get why they don’t just type to each other but Leana insists on it, says she’ll forget sign language if she doesn’t do this regularly.” He said shrugging his shoulders, taking a sip from his own beer. Happy with the answer to his unspoken question Brian relaxed into the lounge chair soaking up the hot Californian sun he had missed dearly whilst they had been on tour.

“Hey Jimmy babe,” Leana spoke for the first time since Brian’s arrival,

“Yes sweetie,” Brian tried not to laugh at his friend for showing his soft side,

“Could Emily come and stay with us for a few months? She says she needs a holiday please?!” she asked using that puppy dog face that no one, as much as they tried, could resist or say no to. Jimmy sighed not even having to open his eyes and look at her to know she was pulling that face he found so cute. “When does she get here?”

- - - - - - - - - - -

Emily-Grace Milano studied herself in the vanity mirror placed by a window that looked over the fields of the country side she lived in. She loved it here, she always managed to get inspired some how, here more then anywhere else. Her naturally blonde hair, that she had died a deep chocolate colour when she and her friend got bored one afternoon some weeks ago, cascaded down her back in slight natural waves.

An hour or so before hand, she had been on Skype to her friend Leana who moved from England when they were young, despite that they were only at the tender age of ten they had pinkie promised to keep in touch with each other no matter what, and that they had.

She had already booked flights and in a weeks time she would be on that 10 hour flight to the United States of America and the added 50 minute drive from Los Angeles to Leana’s house in Huntington Beach. Reaching for her mobile phone she text her friend Megan, she had decided she wanted a nice night in, watching movies, eating popcorn and relaxing by the fire having a nice chat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I continue? Yay or Nay?