Status: Dedicated to The Rev - fo[REV]er

Speak No Evil

twelve.

Emily’s senses slowly came back to her. She was nice and warm. Deciding it wasn’t the right time to wake up yet, she snuggled closer to the warmth from behind. Two arms instinctively tightened round her waist and a head placed itself comfortably in the crook of her neck. Her eyes snapped open as she tried to push away from the person in bed with her. The arms finally let go and she fell onto the floor with a thud. Looking round wildly she saw a confused and sleepy Brian looking over the bed.

“What are you doing on the floor?” she looked round for her notepad but came up empty handed. “Here you go.” Brian handed over her notebook that was on the table next to where he had slept.

Sorry, just scared me is all. I’m not used to waking up like that.

Bringing up his hand to cover his mouth as he yawned he checked the clock, “It’s only four o’clock Em. Get back into bed and go back to sleep.” He saw the hesitation in her eyes, “Are you okay Em? What’s wrong?” Shaking her head she accepted his hand to help her off the floor and got back under the covers. Going back to their original positions before they fell asleep, Brian looked across the bed seeing Emily breathing deeply to calm herself down.

“Was it really that bad?” he asked her curiously. Opening her eyes she turned her head to look at him, raising her eyebrow, “Was it really that bad waking up cuddled next to me?” guilt flashed through her eyes at the sound of hurt in his voice, grabbing the notepad back off of the table she wrote her answer.

It’s nothing to do with you, don’t worry, it’s just a long story.

“Bad boyfriend?”

Something like that.

Giving him a small smile, she wrote goodnight before turning her back on him, trying to keep herself from freaking out. Looking at her worriedly he did the same thing, however he pondered over her reaction.

- - - - - - - - - -

Thundering footsteps woke Brian up. Realising the position he and Emily were in again, he detangled his limbs before they had a replay of earlier in the morning. His movements made Emily stir and he cursed himself in his head for waking her up. She sat rubbing her eyes with her fists to rid her eyes of the gunk in them.

“Sorry for waking you up Em,” waving her hand to say no worries, she removed the covers from her body then shivered from the unanticipated coldness before standing up,

“Seeing as we’re both up, shall we go down and get some breakfast?” she nodded and followed him out the door after grabbing her notepad off the nightstand in the guest room,

“Sexy shorts Em,” Jimmy said and wolf whistled as Emily and Brian made their way into the kitchen. Subconsciously Emily pulled her shorts down to try and cover up as much of her legs as possible. Noticing Emily’s discomfort Leana slapped her fiancé round the head for his comment. “Ouch baby, I just thought she needed someone to compliment her sexy legs.” Burying her face in her crossed arms on the island to hide her blush, Emily tried to shake Jimmy’s comment from her head.

“Well done dumb ass and you know. Fucking idiot.” Leana whispered to Jimmy, unintentionally loud enough for Val, who was making breakfast for everyone awake, and Brian to hear. They both looked at Jimmy and Leana, Emily, then each other weirdly before carrying on with what they were doing previously. A mug of tea was placed in front of Emily by Brian who smiled at her before sitting at the table next to her taking a sip of his own drink. She smiled at him and nodded giving him a silent thank you.

--------

“An ace?” Emily shook her head,

“Guess that is Go Fish then?” Emily nodded her head, sighing he picked up another card.

“Brian, any aces?” Zacky asked smirking, sighing in annoyance Brian handed his three aces to Zacky who placed the four cards face down on the sand. After a few more goes Zacky ended up winning the game, screaming his success at the top of his lungs, he ran over to Annaliese, jumping onto her in his excitement.

“Now we have finished with that game how about we go for a walk?” Brian asked Emily who nodded and put the cards back in their packet before he gave her a hand up. After telling the others they were taking a walk they made their way down to the shore line. They walked in comfortable silence for a few minutes before he built up the courage to ask her the question he wanted to know the answer to,

“So what was up yesterday afternoon when you woke up?” she seemed taken by surprise at his question and after a few moments came back to her senses to be able to write him an answer,

Just a really bad nightmare, no biggy :)

“Care to elaborate on your nightmare then?”

I’d rather not if you don’t mind, it’s something I would rather forget :/

Brian nodded but took notice that her eyes became wet with unshed tears. With a couple of blinks they disappeared. Emily turned her attention out to the ocean. Taking the notebook gently from her hand he placed it on the sand before picking her up and putting her over his right shoulder. Hitting his back hard, she tried to get off his shoulder before he made his way into the water. She could feel the cold sea water on her feet as she kicked her legs. “The more you struggle the more likely you are to fall in the water Emily so I suggest you stop.”

Stopping her kicking when she felt the water on her legs she remained still as Brian continued to walk out until he was waist high in the water. Pulling her off his shoulder he held her in a bridal lift so her bare back only just touched the water.

“Now if I remember correctly, the other day when we were at the beach you managed to escape my throwing you into the sea plan. True?” He could see the realisation in her face as she shook her head no,

“Uh, uh, uh. No lying to me. You know I am right Emmie.” Her body froze as the name escaped his lips but he seemed oblivious to it thinking it was from the fact that she was about to be thrown into the ocean. “I’ll be nice and give you a warning though okay? One, two, three!” He easily tossed her body into the water while laughing. When she didn’t resurface for a minute he began to panic. Wading his way a bit further into the water, he crouched slightly before using his arms to search for her body.

When his arms finally hit something solid, he pulled the body towards him. He could hear the sniffles as he wrapped his arms round her shaking body. Walking back to the sand, he sat down with her on his lap trying to calm her down.

“Shhh… Don’t cry, I didn’t mean to make you cry. Fuck, come on calm down. I don’t like seeing pretty girls cry, especially by my doing. Come on calm down. I won’t throw you in the sea ever again if you stop crying.” Her sniffles died down, however they did not fully stop; the feeling of his calloused fingers on her smooth skin felt nice in contrast as he rubbed her arm in comfort. “Do you want to go see Leana?” he asked passing her the discarded notepad and pen.

“Please.” She wrote. Nodding he helped her up and after wrapping an arm round her wet shoulder, they made their way back to where the others were sitting. Receiving raised eyebrows at seeing Emily’s red eyes, they watched as she grabbed Leana’s hand and pulled her a few yards away from the group. They all watched as the two spoke to eachother back and forth in sign language, not understanding a single thing going on.

“What the fuck did you do to make her cry Bri?” Matt asked with a sigh to an oblivious Brian who was staring out at the ocean. He received no verbal answer just a shrug.

--------

“He called me Emmie Leana, and I just froze like right there, then he threw me in the sea and I just I couldn’t move the flashbacks it was just to much and I… I just don’t even know.” Emily continuously blinked and held her fingers under her eyes to try and stop anymore tears falling from them that day.

“It’s okay Em, he didn’t realise okay. This may help you, you never know. I’ll give them a heads up about the names for the future okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Emily

Curiosity killed the cat ;) just saying

tumblr? Come say hi :)

Thanks for the comments
blackandredbrittany
choirgirlx3
Vanzchyk2011
Perfectionist326
Fallin_For_You
mistery gurl
starbella
flopsy35
animeQT613
teenagedream91