Status: Dedicated to The Rev - fo[REV]er

Speak No Evil

eighteen.

Brian pulled into the drive way of his home and turned off the engine. Emily took in the two story house; it was nice and modest on the outside, similar to that of Jimmy and Leana’s home. Getting out she helped Brian grab the bags and followed him to the door. Walking inside she realised that unlike Jimmy and Leana’s house, the outside represented the inside: modest yet simple.

Brian motioned to the living room telling her to make her self comfortable as he went through another door. As she walked through the archway, the first thing she noticed was the pictures that adorned the walls. Pictures of Brian and the guys, Brian with people who looked to be his family, Brian on his own and then she spotted a picture on its own sat on the shelf next to his flat screen. In the picture Brian had his arms wrapped around a woman who strangely looked like Val, except the hair, this woman had dark hair. Both were smiling widely at the camera with a little white dog on its back, laid across their laps.

“Sorry about that, would you like a drink?” Brian’s voice from behind her startled Emily, turning round he smiled apologetically and lent one of his many acoustic guitars up against the arm of the couch. “As I asked would you like a drink?” nodding she followed him into his kitchen watching as he made a cup of tea for the two of them. With mugs in their hands they went back into his living room and sat on the couch.

“We’ll start with the basics and then I’ll teach you the opening to one of ours songs, sound good?” nodding she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and moved closer to Brian. “Let’s start with an ‘A’ chord and go from there, so place your palm here, and your fingers here and here…”

For the next hour and a half Brian taught her more notes before teaching her the opening of ‘Gunslinger’. Playing it for the fifth time without any mistakes or help from Brian she finished off the last few notes then looked up at Brian for his approval, “Except those few pauses you can now play the opening of Gunslinger.” Emily smiled and signed a quick ‘thank you’.

“Now that I have taught you some guitar, I think it only right you should teach me some sign language beginning with –” Brian mimicked Emily’s last gesture. Reaching for her pad on Brian’s coffee table and turning to face him, she leant back against the arm of the couch and crossed her legs.

Well that means please as well as thank you.

“I see, okay then, what else?”

How about you tell me a word and I’ll show you the sign.

“Okay the, that sounds like a good idea. First word –” Brian paused in thought for a moment “fuck.” Emily raised her eyebrow making him laugh, “Come on, you’ve been here what, two weeks? Haven’t you figured out we swear a lot? This way I won’t, hopefully, get in as much trouble for swearing.” Playfully rolling her eyes she showed him the gesture, getting him to repeat it.

They continued on for another fifteen minutes before Emily decided to test him. “Okay, I write down the word, you show me the sign.” He nodded as she began writing down different words. Brian did quite well, only forgetting a few words wrong, mainly the ones Emily viewed as easier signs. They continued on until he got every word right.

“Okay now you’ve tested me I am going to test you on remembering Gunslinger.” Emily’s face fell as he lifted up his guitar from where it was resting and onto her lap, “When you’re ready.” Nervously placing her fingers on the fret board she gently strummed, moving her hand she gently strummed again. Glancing up at Brian she continued when he nodded at her. The next note she got wrong, much to her dismay, making Brian chuckle.

“It’s okay, start again.” Starting again she got only slightly further before missing out a note, sighing in frustration she gave Brian a puppy dog look,

“You haven’t the best memory have you?” Brian asked as he moved into the middle of the couch and spread his legs patting the spot between his legs. Emily shook her head and stood up moving to sit in the spot Brian had said. Leaning back again his chest she placed the guitar back onto her lap as she felt his arms on either side of hers, “Let’s start again. Place my hands where you think they should go and if you get it wrong I’ll correct you.”

Slowly but surely Emily got back into the rhythm of playing the song and soon enough Brian had his hands resting on her hips as she played the first minute and twenty seconds without thought. A huge smile overtook her face as she completed it for the fourth time with no help from Brian. Brian signed ‘well done’ making Emily giggle as she gently rested the guitar back against the arm of the couch. “Do I get a hug to say thank you?” nodding Emily turned her body round to face his and wrapped her arms around his neck. They stayed in the hug longer then they usually would, and after a while pulled away but not fully; their faces staying within inches of each other. Lifting his hand up, he softly moved a piece of loose hair behind her ear.

Leaning forward slightly the tips of their noses touched when ‘Moves Like Jagger’ began blaring from Brian’s pocket making Emily pull away. Groaning silently he pulled his phone from his pocket mentally cursing Jimmy in his head, pressing the accept button he gruffly spoke hello,

“Dude, is Emily still with you?”

“Yes why?

“Leana is slightly worried but that’ll calm her down, you do realise the two of you have been gone for a good four, five hours right? Not doing the dirty are you?”

“Only you Jimmy, only you and the answer is no. What did you phone me for?”

“Well to be a pain and ask for you to bring Emily to Ruby’s, I need to talk to her about tomorrow night as she is part of my master plan,” he finished with a sinister laugh,

“Okay, okay. How long until you want her to meet you?”

“Half hour an alright time for you two to finish off and drive here?”

“Jimmy, get your fucking mind out the gutter for two minutes. I’ll drop her off in half an hour, bye.” He hung up before Jimmy could reply and leant his head back against the back of the couch. “Sorry about that.” Emily shook her head to say don’t worry as they sat at opposite ends of the couch, the tension in the air was thick as neither knew what to say.

--------


Pulling into the car park opposite the beach, Brian sighed as he turned off the ignition. An awkward silence filled the car as they stayed in their seats. Looking straight ahead they found their tall friend standing on the side walk looking around in search of the two of them.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow night then?” Brian broke the silence; she nodded as Jimmy finally spotted them. Giving each other a quick hug they waved goodbye, before Emily could close the door Brian thanked Emily for helping Leana’s gift. Shaking her head she quickly shut the door and with a deep breath made her way over to Jimmy. Giving him a quick hug also, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they made their way down the pier, Jimmy excitedly telling Emily of his plans for the next day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it’s short and kind of a filler but I am seriously considering re writing this whole story as when I began I had a completely different vision to what I have now and where I really enjoyed writing it before, not so much now… it wouldn’t be major as such if I did I don’t think, but I am not one hundred percent sure. In my head I only know what’s going to happen in the next chapter and that’s as far as it goes and in all honesty if I continue writing it like it is updates will most probably be as scattered and not very well written :/ What would you guys think?

Thanks for the Comments

JimJams90
Fallin_For_You
mistery gurl
emo_vamp210
Reguna2903