Status: Dedicated to The Rev - fo[REV]er

Speak No Evil

four.

“We want food! We want food! We want food!” everyone except Emily screamed, banging their cutlery on the table. Mats were lifted slightly off the surface as it shook from the excessive movement,

“What do we want?” Matt screamed from his place at the head of the table,

“Food!”

“When do we want it?”

“Now!”

Brian laughed at hisfriends family’s antics. Placing the jug of water and the orange down in the middle of the table, he gave Emily her drink before sitting down himself. Turning to Emily he apologised for the chaos around her. Shrugging she picked up the pen and began to write;

Don’t worry, it’s very entertaining to watch.

He laughed quietly when he realised she had added an incredibly obvious line underneath the word very. Emily was secretly glad for them acting like this, at least it wasn’t awkward. People usually acted weird around her when they first met her, scared to say something that could offend her, so to see them acting like themselves made her happy. The door suddenly burst open and Jimmy sauntered out, shaking his hips slightly side to side. Abruptly coming to a halt he cleared his throat,

“The God that is I, James Owen Sullivan-” he bowed slightly raising the beers in his hands above his head, “has made it my duty to get the guys a lovely drink of Heineken for you to enjoy during this delicious meal.” He raised himself up and set down a beer in front of each of the guys. They all let out a cheer before sitting quietly waiting for Leana who came out moments later with the pasta.

“Jimmy, go and get some others for me.” Anneliese grabbed two of the plates off of Leana’s forearms as Jimmy made his way to grab the others. After everyone was given their separate pasta dishes they all tucked in. The guys began talking about the new album, Jimmy expressing thousands of times how “fucking excited” he was. The girls just sat in silence, not able to get a word in edge ways even if they wanted to.

Emily studied each guy carefully as she ate. Jimmy was sat at one end of the table; telling stories that she thought the guys must’ve known about but never tired of. Leana smiled at him, every part of her face filled with love for her fiancé. Johnny and Brooke talked quietly to each other as they ate their pasta, about what she had no idea. The others around the table just laughed generously at the stories being told.

Matt interrupted when Jimmy finished the story to talk about the time on the subway when Jimmy decided to do a handstand in the middle of the platform, knocking a man’s groceries out of his hand in the process.

She took note that Matt seemed to be the leader of the group, he suited the part that’s for sure. His tall muscular body made him seem scary and, being completely honest, if she wasn’t being carried by Brian it would have taken everything in her not to run when she saw him. She blinked furiously trying to hold back tears escaping her eyes. Brian saw her bow her head down suddenly losing interest of any conversation. He looked at Leana asking her with his eyes to explain what was wrong but she only shook her head and told her fiancé to eat with his mouth closed.

- - - - - - - - - - -

When everyone had finished their meal, Leana took the plates out into the kitchen; Brooke helped her while everyone else relaxed in the living room. Brian rested his left arm on the back of the couch behind Emily’s head watching Jimmy and Johnny play Call of Duty 4. She had never understood the game, even after countless nights of watching Ian playing it back in England. Jimmy cheered and Johnny cursed as he was killed yet again, she shook her head and drank from her glass of orange juice.

“Do you have any idea what is going on?” Brian asked her. Emily jumped spilling the rest of the juice down her purple dress, “Shit sorry. Let me go grab a towel.” Jumping off the couch he ran into the kitchen past Leana and Brooke and was back with Emily moments later. No one seemed to realise his short absence and continued to cheer on Johnny and Jimmy as they played.

“I am really sorry,” Brian continued to mumble as he wiped down the spilt juice.

Don’t worry Emily shook her head and grabbed his hand to stop him stop him taking away the material of the dress completely. “Sorry,”

Stop apologising, it is honestly fine I assure you

Emily placed the now empty glass on the coffee table then pulled her legs under her and pushed herself back into the couch cushions. Her head subconsciously came to rest on Brian’s shoulder, her eyes shutting ever so slightly. Bringing her thumb to her mouth, she sucked the tip and closed her eyes completely falling into a light slumber.

“Hey Matt,” Brian called over to his friend quietly; looking away from the TV Matt raised an eyebrow at his friend of 18 years, “pass that blanket over there.” Looking from Brian down to Emily he shook his head and grabbed the blanket from behind him. Brian caught it in one hand with ease and placed it round Emily’s body.

Leana and Brooke emerged from the kitchen in time to see the gesture and awed at the sight. Taking out her phone she snapped a quick picture the flash making Brian jump awakening Emily from her slumber.

“Well done Leana,” Brian’s voice was laced with sarcasm, “do the thing I was trying to avoid.”

“Sorry Bri, but you looked so cute. Emily if your tired go up to bed, I am sure the others won’t mind. Right guys?” Short noises of approval came out of their mouths and the girls all nodded.

“Come on Emily,” Brian got up and held his arms out. Emily wrapped her arms round his neck then was lifted effortlessly into his arms. She waved goodbye over his shoulder, gratefully accepting the pen and pad from Leana.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Opening up the door to the guest room, Brian placed her down carefully on the bed. She turned on the bedside light then went straight to writing on her notepad leaving him to stand there somewhat awkwardly,

Thank you very much, but what am I going to do without you in the morning?

The cheeky smile on her face gave away the fact that she was joking, but he answered anyway,

“I’ll come by bright and early just for you,” he winked at her, “I’ll probably stay over anyway so I’ll see you in the morning. Goodnight Emily.” He smiled one of his most sincere smiles, a smile only the ones closest to him got to see, and turned round to leave the room after turning off the main light.

Smiling to herself, Emily put the notepad on her bedside table and grabbed the bag from earlier pulling out her pyjamas. Once changed, she placed the bag on the floor beside her bed and got comfortable under the covers. Turning off the light she placed her thumb back in her mouth and closed her eyes to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you know how happy I am with you guys, 10 STARS! Already? Thank you so much. Specially as I have been so crap at updating! And for that I am truly sorry.

I know I have not updated in a long time but I have had GCSE exams, for you out of the UK they are the exams at the end of high school, and I need to pass them to get into a good college and university. If you could bare with me for the next month or so to be able to finish them and burn the books I should be back to normal on the updating front.

Thanks for the comments

Fallin_For_You
BurningAlchemist
Scorpianram99
love of vengeance
MuffinGiirl