Endless Love: a one-shot

Endless Love: a one-shot

"Man, it's hot out here." Davey sighed, readjusting himself on the cornflower blue and white lawn chair in his backyard. Summer was his least favorite season because of all the heat and humidity it brought. All the hard work he put into straightening his hair always went right out the window everytime he stepped outside of the house. Sighing once again he decided to take off his shirt. He looked arond the backyard, making sure no peeping toms were around and slid out of his shirt. The warm sun hit his pale skin, the toned muscles of his stomach rippled gently. 'Maybe I'll get a tan.' Davey thought.

Davey continued to wonder and think and soon his daydreams turned to real dreams. He didn't know how long he had slept, but when he woke up, it was twilight and he hurt all over. Davey then realized that he was inside of his house on the couch. 'How the hell did I get in here?' he wondered. He didn't have much time to ponder on the thought before a shadow appeared over him. He jumped, startled, causing pain to shoot up and down his body.

"Hey, handsome, calm down; it's just me." A voice whispered in his ear. Davey turned around as much as he could without causing too much pain and realized that it was Derek, his boyfriend. Relief washed over Davey when he realized that it was just Derek and not some serial killer.

"Did you bring me in here?" Davey asked, gazing into Derek's mesmerizing eyes. Derek seemed a little taken aback by this question, but then he realized that Davey didn't notice his extreme sunburn.

"Davey, sugar, you have really bad sunburn. Don't you feel the pain?" Derek inquired. Davey looked down at his still shirtless chest and torso, now bright red and peeling. His arms were in the same condition. His legs were a little better looking because they had been covered up by his shorts. Davey moaned in pain. It seemed, for some odd reason, that by acknowledging the sun burn, the pain intensified. Derek's eyes filled with worry.

"Aww, sugar. Wait here and I'll go get some aspirin." Derek rushed to the bathroom to get the pills. Davey decided to go to the mirror in the corner of the room to survey just how bad the sunburn was. Once he got there, he winced at the poor creature in the mirror. It looked like the smallest gust of wind could cause the most excruciating pain. Davey leaned in closer to the mirror, peering at his face. His normally pale, milk-white face was only a slight shade of pink, not the angry red that the rest of his body was. 'Maybe my hair kept my face protected from the sun.' he thought. He then heard the hurried steps of his boyfriend coming back to the living room. Upon seeing him, Derek's eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"What are you doing standing up?!?! Lay down! Don't you realize that you're hurt and I'm supposed to be taking care of you?!" Derek put the pills and the glass of water that he had brought, down on the coffee table and made his way over to Davey.

"But the couch is uncomfortable," Davey pouted, "can I lay on my bed?" Derek stared into Davey's enormous puppy dog eyes. 'How can I say "No"? Just look at him.' Derek gave in and carried Davey bridal style to his bedroom then gently laid him on the bed. Derek had remembered to bring the pills and water, so he gave that to Davey and once he had taken the medication, Derek took the now empty glass and put it on the nightstand. He turned around and put his arms around Davey. Davey winced in pain, but told a concerned Derek that the pain was only temporary. Davey snuggled into Derek and gazed into his eyes.

"How much do you love me?" Davey asked, looking Derek straight in the eyes. Derek frowned.

"I love you endlessly. Forever and ever beyond the end of time. Why'd you ask me that?" Derek questioned.

"Just 'cuz." Davey yawned, a small smile playing on his lips. Derek smiled too. He always thought that Davey was at his cutest when he was asleep.

"Do you want to know why I love you that much?" Derek asked. Davey's breathing was slow and even now and Derek doubted that he had even heard him. But then Davey's eyes fluttered and without opening his eyes asked,"Why?"

"Because you're my soulmate." Derek answered, kissing a now sleeping Davey softly on the lips.


TEH END!!