The Odd Lives Of The Ransans

The Candy Shop

“Thank you, have a nice day,” I said as my last costumer left the shop.

Business was good today, I know my paycheck will be juicy. It always is. I’ve been working here since I was about eleven. My parents thought it would be good for me and my brother to get an early start on the working life. And the only way we were for sure to get the job was because my parents own the store.

It’s a family business. Ransans’ Candy Shop. “Every ones Welcome” is our motto. My great grandpa Ransan started it with his wife. My family has a lot of history.

“Andy your shift is about to start!” I shouted into the back. “Get your lazy ass up.”

Andy is my twin brother. We’re adopted. Never met our parents before. They wanted me and him to still be together when they threw us out onto the street. So mom and dad took us both in, and made their wish come true. We find it humorous when we first meet people, and they look at our parents and can’t tell which one we look like. That’s our inside joke.

I went over to my bag and took out Mike and Ike. These are my favorite candies. I absolutely love them. They remind me of pills actually. And since I never got into that type of stuff in my life I take them. It’s easier to. I hate swallowing pills, I had to at a point in my life but for health reasons. After that I haven’t gotten near them. Mike and Ike are my pills though. They relieve my stress. Different effect of getting high, but the same pureness.

“ANDY! Stop screwing around, will ya? I need to go to the cheer party and I won’t be late this time.” I said while going into the back room. “Earth to dork, get up!” I said taking the covers off his head.

“Damn Megan, you don’t have to be so harsh. Calm down I’m up see?” He stood up with no pants on.

I smirked. “Yeah your up, and a little undress Hun.” I looked him up and down so he could get the hint.

“Ah! So not funny! Get out!” He started pushing me out the room.

“You don’t have to beg kid. Listen I’m leaving now. Don’t be late because you know mom won’t like let it slide this time, call me if you need me.” I got to the door and shouted over my shoulder, “Try not to need me!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I will be writing the sisters POV
the other author will write the bro's POV
Comment please!