Let Your Heart Win

Chapter 14

Confusion filled her half asleep mind as Cali realised that the noise that she was hearing was snoring. She forced her eyes open, smiling as she realised she was sharing a bed with Rachel after they had all headed back to her house to finish celebrating Brian’s birthday.

When they had got back to the house Rachel had made a few jugs of margaritas, and a jug of something non alcoholic for Cali. When Cali had asked what it was so that she could make some more Rachel admitted that she couldn’t remember. They had all curled up on the sofa’s together talking and watching movies until Cali had decided to call it a night and headed to bed, with no idea how much longer the other girls had stayed up.

She groaned quietly as a twinge in her bladder told her to get up. After visiting the bathroom Cali made her way down stairs where she found Jenni and Val asleep on the sofa, with Rachel’s large German shepherd, Roxy curled up next to Jenni. She chuckled at the sight of a Twister mat in the space where the coffee table had been, not remembering that coming out while she’d still been awake.

She turned and found the coffee table on the other side of the room and remembering that that was the last place she remembered seeing her cell phone walked over to retrieve it.

A smile instantly appeared on her face as she saw that she had a missed call and a new message, both from Brian.

“Morning beautiful. I tried calling but I guess you were still asleep. Talk to you later, love B xx”

She typed a reply as she walked into the kitchen to make breakfast for her and the other girls who would no doubt wake up needing something to eat. Brian didn’t reply, not that Cali was expecting him to as with the time difference she guessed he’d be preparing for a show doing press, so she carried on with making bacon, eggs and toast for everyone.
It was Val who made her way into the kitchen first, sleepily rubbing her eyes.

“Please tell me that there’s coffee in the pot.” She said with a yawn.

“There is yes, you okay sweetie?” Cali replied.

“I’m fine; nothing a large mug of caffeine and a plate of food won’t cure anyway.” She said pouring a mug of coffee.

“So when did Twister make an appearance?” Cali asked.

“About half an hour after you went to bed.” Andrea answered as she appeared in the kitchen.
“I believe it was Jenni’s idea.”

“What was my idea?” Jenni asked walking in behind her.

“Twister.” Val and Andrea answered together as Andrea poured out two mugs of coffee, handing one to Jenni.

“Oh god I’m sorry. Remind me to never suggest that game again.” Jenni replied.

“What happened?” Cali asked intrigued.

“Rachel had to take a shower after Jenni threw up all down her back whilst Rach tried to get into position.” Val explained.

“What?” Cali asked.

“Yeah, one second Rachel was trying to put her left hand on a red circle the next she was screaming as she was covered with puke!” Andrea replied with a laugh.

“Oh dear lord.” Cali replied with a chuckle.

“Never again. Now is that bacon I can smell?” Jenni said peering over into the pan.

“It is indeed; grab a plate if any of you want anything.” Cali replied.
Each of the girls grabbed a plate and loaded it with food before sitting down at the table.

“Shouldn’t we keep some for Rachel?” Val asked.

“Are you kidding me, that girl isn’t going to wake up anytime soon.” Cali replied before starting to eat.

“Have you talked to Brian yet?” Andrea asked.

“He sent me a message earlier and I messaged him back, but they’re probably doing a sound check or something.” she replied.

“Are you going to tell him what happened with Michelle?” Val asked cautiously.

“I don’t know, I don’t want to worry him.” she replied.

“Do you believe Michelle?” Jenni asked noticing the worried look on her face.

“No! no, I well, I just keep on thinking about this time last year when it was her he was cheating on with me.” she replied.

“That was different sweetie. He’s said it enough times; things hadn’t been right between the two of them for a long while before he met you.” Andrea told her.

“Exactly and it’s clear to anyone that he’s so much happier with you. He loves you.” Jenni added.

“Cal, as much as I love Chelle as a sister I can tell you know she can be a vindictive, spoilt bitch. She’s jealous of the fact that you’ve got something with Brian that she was never able to get. She’s never truly loved Brian; she just liked the attention she got being with him. You shouldn’t get upset by anything she says.” Val said.

“Yeah I guess you guys are right. But should I tell Brian about what she’s said?” she asked.

“Personally I would, but make sure he knows that you don’t believe it.” Andrea said.

“Yeah, and let him know that you trust him.” Jenni replied.

“Talk of the devil.” Cali said with a smile as her phone began to ring next to her. She stood from the table and headed towards the patio door that led out onto the decking.

“No time like the present hey?” she muttered quietly.

“Hey baby sorry I took so long answering back we were doing an interview.” Brian said.

“Thought it may have been something like that.” she replied with a smile as she sat down on one of the sun loungers.

“Did you have a good night after?” he asked.

“For the most part yeah, we ended up leaving the bar and heading back to Rachel and Johnny’s.” she replied.

“You still there? What do you mean ‘for the most part’?” he asked, Cali could hear the concern in his voice.

“Yeah we’re still here. Well we bumped into someone at the bar.” She said cautiously.

“Who?” he asked confused.

“Michelle.” She said quietly.

“Michelle? Shit what happened?” he asked.

“Well basically she told me that I can’t trust you while you’re away on tour. That you cheated on her and you’ll cheat on me, especially now that I’m all fat and ugly.” She replied fighting back tears.

“She said what?” Brian yelled. “That fucking bitch. I should kill her.”

“Babe calm down.” Cali said.

“Sorry baby. I can’t believe she’d try and pull that shit on you. You know I’d never do that.” he replied his voice instantly calmer.

“Yeah, of course.” She replied with a small sigh.

“Babe? You don’t sound too convinced.” He replied quietly.

“I do babe, I promise. I’m just a bit shaken up by it.” she replied truthfully.

“Babe I promise. I love you more than anything. You have nothing to worry about. Michelle is just a vindictive bitch.” He replied.

“I know babe. That’s what Val said.” she replied with a smile.
“See, even her sister knows what she’s like.” Brian replied.

“Yeah I know, but some of the stuff she said hit a nerve is all.” She admitted.

“Like what?” he asked.

“Like about me being fat and ugly.” She muttered.

“Babe, we talked about this yesterday, you’re not fat and most certainly not ugly, and you’re pregnant.” He told her.

“Yeah.” She replied with a sigh.

“Babe don’t be like this, it’s killing me.” Brian replied sadly.

“I’m sorry, it’s probably just the hormones.” She replied wiping the silent tears that had sneaked out of her eyes.

“Fuck! I wish I was there with you now. I hate the thought of you being upset and not being able to comfort you.” he replied.

“Babe, I want you to fly over to meet up with me for the rest of the tour.” He said suddenly.

“Bri, I’m pregnant, I can’t just can’t hop on a plane to the other side of the world.” She replied with a small chuckle.

“Get one of the girls to come with you, all of them if you can, get a note from the doctor saying you’re okay to fly.” He said.

“You really want me to do this don’t you?” she asked realising just how serious he sounded.

“As long as you flying isn’t going to put Stephanie at risk. I just can’t bare the thought of being so far away from you when you’re feeling like this.” he replied.

“Okay, I’ll go to the doctor’s this afternoon if I can get an appointment.” She said with a smile.

“Good, and hopefully I’ll be seeing you in a day or two.” He replied obviously smiling.

“That would be pretty good.” She replied with a smile as Stephanie began to kick. “And our daughter seems to agree.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Your thoughts please.....

And also, if you haven't seen this, check out this Crime of Passion contest!