Status: Spotty

Say the Last Goodbye

XxX 16 XxX

Katie's P.O.V.

I laid on Travis's bed with my back slightly propped up with some pillows. I listened to the running water coming from the shower and the cars passing by as I waited for Travis to get out of the shower.

A smile graced my lips as I rested my hand lightly on my barely-there baby bump. The thought of a new life forming in my body almost made me squeal in joy.

As I lounged in shorts and a sports bra, I started to feel an ache in my lower back. I scrunched my nose before It went away. Then I heard the shower turn off. I stared intently at the bathroom door and waited for Travis to come out.

Travis emerged with his boxers on and suspenders. My mouth came open as I stared at him. Laugh bubble from my throat as he "strutted" towards me.

:You are such a dork!" I laughed when Travis crawled over me and kissed my neck.

"Then wha are you still with me?" He chuckled.

"I love you to much."

"I love you more."

"I don't want you to go back." I whispered against his lips, sadly.

Travis looked at me with his deep green eyes. "I have too."

"I know..." I looked away.

Travis lightly put his hand on my facce and had me look at him. "I promise to come back to you no matter what. I'll come back to you and little junior." He smiled lightly while taking his hand from my face and resting the back of it on my stomach.

I kissed his forehead. Suddenly a sharp pain came from abdominal area. I grunted before quickly placing my hands on my stomach. Travis laid his hands over mine and gave me a panicked look. I felt something warm between my legs. I pushed travis away and saw blood starting to soak through my shorts.

Panic momentarily numbed the pain in my abdomin and lower back. i didn't know what was going on. Before I knew it, Travis was putting on some shorts and then picked me up bridal style. He carried me out of the small house and gently set me on the ground so I could climp in his truck.

He peeled away from the curb and headed toward the hospital.

*****

"Your cervix is dilated." Dr. Harris told me as I laid on the exam table. "I'm sorry to report, but a miscarriage is very probable."

I stared at the doctor in horror. Travis laid his head on my chest and I could feel his hot tears. Shock kept me from crying as the information slowly sunk in.

A lump formed in my throat.
I lost him. I lost my baby. The lump slowly dissolved into tears and I started to cry. The doctor bowed his head and slowly got up to leave. The door shut behind him quietly. Travis and I were left to mourn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think of Travis? What about the sad senerio? Comment...